Running a Processor at max temperature?

19 minutes ago, done12many2 said:

WS6 is awesome!!  

I'm running big injectors and a ZL1 pump with a boost pump pushing that.  We were running out of fuel with just the injectors and ZL1 pump so I had to add the boost pump.  

I made a joke if my VQ blows up i'm gonna drop a ls1 or ls3 in the G lol.

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

1 minute ago, z97 said:

I made a joke if my VQ blows up i'm gonna drop a ls1 or ls3 in the G lol.

VQ 35? 

My motor is a L76, which is a LS2 bottom end with L92 heads. 

1 minute ago, done12many2 said:

VQ 35? 

VQHR36

I think that's the code for the 08 sport

CPU: I7 5960X @4612 MHZ/1.325Vcore | Cooler: Full custom loop | Mobo: Asus X-99A | GPU: 2 EVGA 980 TI Classifieds | RAM: G.Skill Trident Z 32 GBs 3200 MHZ | Storage: Samsung SM951 512 GB M.2 Drive, Mushkin Eco2 512 GB SSD, Muskin Chronos 480 GB SSD | PSU: Corsair HX 1000i | Case: Fractal define R5 | Monitor: LG 34UC87M-B

What is going on here... I thought this was about safe CPU temperature?

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

What is going on here... I thought this was about safe CPU temperature?

Not at all.  OP wanted to know what would happen if you just let a CPU run at 100c for shits and giggles.  I definitely can't say that there was a serious discussion by anyone.

Modern Intel CPU's will throttle, and throttle severely by the time you get to that point.  So basically it will run like crap.  Motherboard implementations are "supposed" to shut things down before they reach that level, out of fear that the fan has failed. 

But yeah, at some point, left unarrested, a hot CPU will go into thermal runaway, and burn itself up.  A hot CPU not only runs hotter, but needs more energy to perform the same calculations.  Which, in turn, requires even more energy, and so on and so forth. 

4 hours ago, done12many2 said:

Not at all.  OP wanted to know what would happen if you just let a CPU run at 100c for shits and giggles.  I definitely can't say that there was a serious discussion by anyone.

Boost is life.  Focus ST owner here... 24psi ?

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

2 minutes ago, Purgent said:

Boost is life.  Focus ST owner here... 24psi ?

I'm only running 13 lbs myself, but it's on a 6 liter V8. ?

This is obviously completely derailed. -locked-

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.