Air cooling vs Water cooling in humid conditions

Trevor87

Hello all

I get this question all the time and it difficult to answer from people that live close by the ocean.

Where it is humid and the air is quite salty is better to air cool or water cool PC by the ocean ?      

Honestly, its the same thing as anywhere else since even watercooling is cooled by pushing air through a mesh :) 

So i would say it doesnt really matter, its to the personal preference

ASUS Maximus VII Hero | i7 4790K OC 4.8GHZ | 4x8GB 2400MHz MSI GTX 1070 alphacool eiswolf gpx pro
Samsung 850 EVO 520GB + Corsair 525gb + 275gb SSD  2TB Seagate Barracuda | 8TB Seagate Archive

Cooler Master HAF-X 942 | EVGA Supernova 1000W 80+ Platinum | Custom watercooling loop (gpu+cpu)

360mm+180mm rad and 10 fans | Swiftech D5 mcp655-B

No difference. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Assuming the same ambient temperature then increased relative humidity improves cooling performance.

Air is an insulator - it doesn't like to transmit heat.   It is the water vapor that moves heat (same reason we put water inside the radiator.)  Anyone who has ever walked on a beach at night instinctively understands this - it can be in the 70s or 80s, but add in a mild breeze and you will quickly be chilled as that moist air transmits away too much body heat.

The usual problem is that humid environments are rarely cool environments - they usually come with a higher ambient temperature.