Help?, something's stealing my ram!

I can't find what's taking all my ram, can't run any game's for long anymore they just don't have enuff ram. Help me please?

help.PNG

Just now, Stevoisboss said:

Memory leak?

idk how would i find out

Do you have the Windows install media and key? I would do a fresh install after backing the files you need to keep and then using "diskpart" to "clean all" the boot drive.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

6 minutes ago, Naeaes said:

Here's the pic:

Hide contents

help.PNG

screen grab your processes tab from task manager.

Also... 1.9gbs is pretty standard for an OS to use, especially W10 64bit.

Perhaps you should look more at dropping 15$ on another 4gb ram stick.

As reference, my install of W7 64bit is running with only opera open and uses 3.4gbs of ram. Though, I have a considerable amount of software running in my background for various programs and services.

Edit text was crazy small on my monitor from the picture. Hardware reserved is screwing you over, change it to around 100-150MB not 4gbs lol

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

It's not a memory leak, your hardware reserved memory partition is just way to large. it should be somewhere near 100MB, not 4GB. That's why you can't use all of your memory.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

3 minutes ago, ARikozuM said:

Do you have the Windows install media and key? I would do a fresh install after backing the files you need to keep and then using "diskpart" to "clean all" the boot drive.

No i did a windows 7 upgrade :-( 

2 minutes ago, Tycho said:

It's not a memory leak, your hardware reserved memory partition is just way to large. it should be somewhere near 100MB, not 4GB. That's why you can't use all of your memory.

^This. Maybe even a RAM disk, if OP set one up.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, Tycho said:

any way to change this?

Just now, Imakuni said:

^This. Maybe even a RAM disk, if OP set one up.

there is one but it's 254mb in size

4 minutes ago, Atmos said:

screen grab your processes tab from task manager.

Also... 1.9gbs is pretty standard for an OS to use, especially W10 64bit.

Perhaps you should look more at dropping 15$ on another 4gb ram stick.

As reference, my install of W7 64bit is running with only opera open and uses 3.4gbs of ram. Though, I have a considerable amount of software running in my background for various programs and services.

help 2.PNG

1 minute ago, SeanFarmer said:

there is one but it's 254mb in size

Then set it off please. You don't need a RAM disk (or rather, you have no use for it) on a humble 8gb machine.

Also, please upload your pictures directly into the post. See that little "drag files here" thing? Yeah, use that rather than whatever crap you are using - it's just not working.

Want to help researchers improve the lives on millions of people with just your computer? Then join World Community Grid distributed computing, and start helping the world to solve it's most difficult problems!

2 minutes ago, SeanFarmer said:

help 2.PNG

Dead link for me.

Edited my first post, your hardware reserved memory is screwing you over.

Nice spot @Tycho missed it on my first glance.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, Imakuni said:

Then set it off please. You don't need a RAM disk (or rather, you have no use for it) on a humble 8gb machine.

Also, please upload your pictures directly into the post. See that little "drag files here" thing? Yeah, use that rather than whatever crap you are using - it's just not working.

That's what i'm doing idk why it's doing that

Now that we know where the problem is, we can further our troubleshooting. What motherboard and memory do you use? (specific model id's required). They might not be compatible.

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.6Ghz CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: GTX 1070 TI RAM: Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (4x4) Mobo: ASUS Z97-PRO(Wi-Fi ac) PSU: Corsair RM Series RM750 Case: Fractal Design Define R4 no window

• CPU
    AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor
  • Motherboard
    MSI 970 Gaming, Socket AM3+, AMD (7693-040R) Motherboard
  • RAM
    Patriot Memory 8gb
  • GPU
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
  • Storage
    WD 1TB
  • PSU
    Corsair CX600 ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze Power Supply Unit
  • Display(s)
    Samsung s27c570
  • Cooling
    Corsair H55
  • Keyboard
    Microsoft
  • Mouse
    Mad catz R.A.T 5
  • Sound
    Lot's
  • Operating System
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Your problem is probably that you are using a single 8gb stick. Your motherboard probably doesn't support that type of stick of that brand(yet). You should update your bios / troubleshoot with 2x4gb sticks.

Just now, Tycho said:

Your problem is probably that you are using a single 8gb stick. Your motherboard probably doesn't support that type of stick of that brand(yet). You should update your bios / troubleshoot with 2x4gb sticks.

Sorry i have a  Patriot Memory 8gb kit (2x4gb)

3 minutes ago, SeanFarmer said:

-snip-

Spoiler

help 2.PNG

There seems to be a problem with images today.

BTW, it's an unspoken best practice on this forum to put your large images in the spoilers I'm using. A lot of people here are on capped plans or on mobile and don't want to re-download huge pictures every time they refresh the page. The spoiler button is the eye in the edit box.

Just now, Naeaes said:
  Hide contents

help 2.PNG

Not signed in

There seems to be a problem with images today.

BTW, it's an unspoken best practice on this forum to put your large images in the spoilers I'm using. A lot of people here are on capped plans or on mobile and don't want to re-download huge pictures every time they refresh the page. The spoiler button is the eye in the edit box.

okay thanks dude

33 minutes ago, Imakuni said:

The non-working crap is called LTT forum :P

This would happen in Windows 7 as well, it's probably a Windows issue. I don't know how 10 manages these settings, but in 7 you would go to msconfig, boot,  advanced,  and duaable some memory cap there. 

It seems to me there was something else to it, but I can't remember now (I had the hardware reserved problem in a laptop a few years ago). 

33 minutes ago, Tycho said:

I've updated my bios and now it's taking 4.1gb not 4gb *faceplam*

2 minutes ago, SpaceGhostC2C said:

but in 7 you would go to msconfig, boot,  advanced,  and duaable some memory cap there. 

Yeah I've done this and it's unticked already :-(

2 minutes ago, SeanFarmer said:

I've updated my bios and now it's taking 4.1gb not 4gb *faceplam*

Forgot to ask: do you are see all 8gb in bios?