Tek Syndicate is Burning

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Same here.

He owns the physical server, but not the domain name www.teksyndicate.com

Logan owns that. He could still take the server and the customizations to Discourse (assuming they aren't copyrighted or patented) and make his own forum. And people would flock to it.

Not sure people will flock to it after this

At least not as many

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

I think we've gotten past the "burning earth stage" to this...

Image result for burning earth

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

8 minutes ago, Trik'Stari said:

He owns the Tek Linux channel as far as I know.

Actually he doesn't he said it on his long tweet post: He's requesting it along with the name Tek Syndicate but he doesn't owns them.

-------

Current Rig

-------

8 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Not sure people will flock to it after this

At least not as many

Meh, still.

https://twitter.com/Logan_RTW/with_replies?lang=en

Logan is trying to fight back on twitter, the community is just NOT having it. Myself included. He has zero credibility as far as I am concerned. He needs to just quit Youtube, and go work at McDonalds.

Pistol needs to apoligize and try to maintain whatever streaming she can, if not go back to being a barista.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

2 minutes ago, Mr_Assault said:

Pistol Chimes in.  

People who take down forums, take down website access, kick people from their own company can't be trusted to just fucking state "Everything adds up" Fuck this bitch too.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just now, Misanthrope said:

People who take down forums, take down website access, kick people from their own company can't be trusted to just fucking state "Everything adds up" Fuck this bitch too.

Considering the only person that can do that/fix it is wendel.....

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

1 minute ago, Misanthrope said:

Except that it doesn't.

Easy to withdraw money or move money from an account, to make an account seem low.

Just now, Trik'Stari said:

Except that it doesn't.

Easy to withdraw money or move money from an account, to make an account seem low.

Could also be very easy to just "Inspect Element" that and change the numbers. Im not saying for them to release their financial details - that wouldn't help anyone, but since this shot has come from the accused party...I have a hard time believing it.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

1 minute ago, Trik'Stari said:

Except that it doesn't.

Hence my initial response of the tweet being a meaningless attempt to stop the massive hemorrhage of subscription and patreons right now.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Hello everyone! 

Wendell checking in here. 

I would have posted this to the forums. I am not sure what has transpired, but Logan has taken the site and forums offline under the teksyndicate.com domain. They are still reachable if you know the IP however.

I’m going to be fully, bluntly honest here. I am on my way out of having an ownership stake in teksyndicate and have been for several weeks. Am I also on my way out of making content with teksyndicate? That remains to be seen, but I would say yes based on how things have gone so far. 

While privacy is important, transparency also keeps us honest. 

First off, an apology. Community, I’m sorry. What for you may ask? Let me provide some background first. 

For me, co-founding teksyndicate, LLC with Logan and laying the ground work of our business plan has been an incredible experience. The support the fans have shown a couple of total bozos (and friend!) on the internet has been absolutely phenomenal. 
For what it’s worth I was always the dweeby kid in high school that ate by themselves in the biology lab… I didn’t really figure myself out until college. So I really can’t convey the range of emotions that I feel in the here and now. 

I saw the end of the last Tek episode and some other comments Logan has posted here and there about being low on money. Currently, I am a 30% owner in teksyndicate, LLC and I find this statement to be misleading for a variety of reasons. 

It is also true that the company is earning record income – more income than at any other time in its history – and the gross income has grown by more than $125,000 per year for the last 3 years. 

The agreement I have with Logan is that my shares in the company entitle me to 30% of the profits of the company year over year, and to date, I have been more than content to reinvest those profits back into the company to further the potential of the company. The work that I have done adds value to the company, and my shares, and the extra capital would let Logan realize his vision faster and later on I could begin earning a return for the value of my shares.

The support staff, editorial staff, and equipment costs to the company for all of my videos for 2015 that were invoiced to teksyndicate was less than $13.5k. These are only expenses to my main company that I needed to be reimbursed on, and most of that cost was a part-time student editor. 

Truthfully, Logan has recently sent an email to Qain and I that he 'stepped back' for the last ever how long period of time, and he has lately has made a lot of statements that, to me, seem strange. When I have asked for accountability, transparency or an explanation internally, I haven't had good results with that. Quite frankly, I’m surprised the patrons have been as patient as they have. 

Logan wants to do something new. I don’t necessarily agree with everything he wants to do, but I find myself in a difficult position feeling that I have a strong ethical obligation to the community on the one hand, but I don’t want to damage or undermine anyone’s right to work on the other.

He said to me “It’s time for us to lower your involvement so we can do most of this at our main office in Portland.”

He went on to say that if I wanted to divest my shares, I could, but it was clear he had no idea those shares were worth anything. They are worth a significant amount of money.

I have proposed to Logan that he take epic pants store and the large /razethew0rld channel with 600,000+ subscribers, but that he give up ownership and control of the smaller 100,000 subscriber /teksyndicate hardware channel the teksyndicate.com domain name, twitter, etc. to allow the teksyndicate community to exist independently. 

In that scenario I would continue to support it and produce my own content.

I find a lot of the statements lately around money to be disingenuous and misleading. I can’t abide by them ethically because I know the full situation. Believe me when I tell you the fans have showered lavish support on the company not just through patreon but the store and other means also. Some missteps I have chalked up to inexperience running a business, but calls for accountability and reasonableness have been met with ignored emails, Logan cutting my access to the partnership’s corporate bank account and a lack of financial transparency with regard to the use of the company credit card. 

For me, the way that Logan runs the business has been deeply frustrating because of that lack of accountability, disorganization and apparent inability to learn from past mistakes. He needs a business coach and I’m fine with it if that business coach isn’t me. 

Just like Patreon, many sponsors are also unhappy with us for a lot of the same reasons: missed deadlines, broken promises, etc. I have worked very diligently to use the resources I have to meet promises and obligations for both sponsored and unsponsored projects. 

If Logan has been working on the business or this new vision the last year, he hasn’t really looped in Qain, Jennifer or myself on what exactly that might be. 

He has been busy with side projects like the game and other things which have used company money but he does not believe the rest of us should be entitled to profits from. On the contrary, when asked about these things, we got some nonsensical lines about Logan having “stepped back too soon” and none of us knows what that means. 

For my shares and exit of the company, I don’t believe Logan understood that the value, minimally, was the profits that I had reinvested into the company. On that valuation criteria alone, they are worth over $100k. 

So I remain in a holding pattern waiting on Logan to tell me what he intends to do for my ownership exit as he staffs up replacements for us on the Tek. After talking with Qain, I have no doubt that these folks have been fed some twisted version of the facts as that is what happened from my perspective with the relationship between Qain and myself. 

For my own part of this, I am sorry it has come to this. I'm sure that I myself don't have the full picture. When logan says "all will be clear in 5 days" I have no idea what that might mean. 

I tried very hard to put the company first and give it the best shot for success that it could possibly have. I don’t see this as a zero sum game with regard to the fans, personalities, viewers, etc. but with Logan’s irrational actions, apparent hostile attitude and unaccountability to anyone here I really don’t see another option for a way forward. 

Whether I create a new name for the community or continue operations under the old name, I am not going anywhere. I am thankful for the many friends and awesome people I have met along the way and I support you all in whatever you might decide to do. I do not yet know what my role will be in the future. 

Logan, for his part, is a brilliant entertainer and I have never met anyone more gifted with handling people and the oratory arts. He has many good ideas, and he has my full support in any future endeavors that he may undertake and I have no doubt we have not seen the last of his creativity and his ability to spin entertaining yarns. I truly hope that he can find satisfaction and happiness in his work and in time he will become an entrepreneur if he keeps at it. 

Wendell

ps. Apologies for grammar, spelling, etc. This was composed for brevity and I feel like it still needs a TLDR.

Here is what Wendell had to say.

Edited by This_guy1998
Clarifed

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

32" Samsung CF397 1920 x 1080

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

attachment.php?attachmentid=200158&d=141

^ this guy right here is the culprit for me watching Tek Syndicate for 1st time and last time in the same video

the video in question was made couple of years ago and discussed sound cards - the things that were said in the video made me think it was satire, it wasn't ....

the summary of the video was something like "sound cards are shit, buy our DACs" :dry:

It was clear to me that Logan is a tosser a good while ago when he jumped on the Seagate hate bandwagon, citing Backblaze.

If you have any delusions about being a critic or approaching any kind of journalistic role within computer technology, you really need to show the basic source criticism necessary to realize Backblaze's data is not only irrelevant, but just a bag of mouse scrotums on a pike.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Just now, Misanthrope said:

Hence my initial response of the tweet being a meaningless attempt to stop the massive hemorrhage of subscription and patreons right now.

They've already lost, they're just too stubborn or stupid to realize it.

Basically, the only way the Tek Syndicate company can survive now, is if Logan and Pistol quit publicly, and give over control to Wendell and Qain. Which won't happen.

The community will continue. We have our Discord server, and Wendell or Qain will start a new forum sooner or later I'm sure. I will definitely be there. I owe Qain my loyalty. He could probably be making 6 figures just working an IT job, but he took time out of his day to help some noob with a subnet masking school project. That noob being me (I still don't entirely understand subnet masking, it's basically witchcraft to me)

10 minutes ago, Hunter259 said:

Considering the only person that can do that/fix it is wendel.....

Actually, Logan has control over the domain name. If he was to redirect the domain name traffic, he would of effectively taken down the site for the majority. Wendell hold the TekSyndicate back end, but not the domain. The forum has been up the entire time.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Ryan_Vickers
fixed image attachment

Personal Rig:

CPU: i7-11700K  | Mobo: MSI Z490-A PRO | RAM: 2x G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 8GB = 16 GB  | GPU: ASUS GTX 1070 Strix (I know I need to upgrade) | Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB, WD Blue 1 TB, WD Red 2 TB, and WD Red 4 TB | Case: Enermax Ostrog Black and White | PSU: EVGA 750GT 80+G | Cooling: Noctua NH-U12S in Push/Pull with Black Noctua Industrial Fans, 2 120mm Noctua Chromax Fans, and Corsair AF120 on the side panel | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 32" Samsung (of somesorts) 1920 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Mouse: Logitech M705 | Keyboard: Logitech K350 | Random: 90mm of CableMod RGB Magnetic Strips | OS: Win 11 Education x64 

Linux/test Box:

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600  | Mobo: ASRock AB350M mATX | RAM: 2x Crucial 8 GB DDR4 = 16 GB | GPU: Asus GT 1030 | Storage: Sandisk SSD Plus 120 GB, Samsung 970 Evo 256GB SSD, 2x 2TB Seagate IronWolf NAS Drives  | Case: Cooler Master N200 mATX | PSU: EVGA 400W | Cooling: Stock Cooler and 3x Cooler Master 120mm Fans | Display: 22" Asus VE228 1920 x 1080 and a 34" LG 43WL500-B 2560 x 1080 on a WALI Arm (I share displays/desk with two builds) | Keyboard: Logitech K270 | Mouse: Logitech M185  | OS: Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Windows 10 Pro x64

13" Macbook Air M1:

CPU: Apple M1 8-Core and 7-Core "GPU"  | RAM: 8 GB DDR4  | Storage: 256 GB | Display: 2560 x1600 Retina Display | Mouse: Built-in trackpad and Logitech M557 | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: MacOS Monterey

Laptop (Acer Pedator Helios 300 2017 edition) (Don't use as much anymore since graduating college and mostly using my Macbook and HP Elitebook for Work):

CPU: i7-7700HQ  | RAM: 16 GB DDR4  | GPU: GTX 1060 6 GB | Storage: Samsung 980 500 GB SSD and Seagate 1 TB Firecuda | Display: Acer IPS 15.6" 1920 x 1080 Display | Mouse: Logitech M557 and built-in trackpad (never use lol) | Keyboard: built-in keyboard and Logitech K480 | OS: Windows 11 Pro x64

Home Theater Setup

Computer: M1 Mac Mini w/8GB RAM and 256 of Storage (plus a external 500GB Samsung T7 for Plex) | TV:LG 4K - 55" UQ9000 LED | Speakers: Sonos Ray and 2 Sonos One SLs for Rear Surround | Media Box: Apple TV 4K | Consoles: Xbox Series S and Nintendo Switch | Mouse/Keyboard: Logitech K400 | HDHomerun Flex 4K and HDHomerun Flex Duo

Other Devices I use:

Phone: iPhone 13 Mini 128GB  | Tablet: iPad Mini 5 64GB LTE | Earbuds: Airpods 3 | Watch: Apple Watch SE 44mm

2 minutes ago, b1gbadwo1f said:

I'm reminded of a song.

-snip

I prefer 

Because I like Linkin Park. Always have. Except for that garbage they did with the rapper.

2 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

-snip

This is becoming quite entertaining in a watching a trainwreck sorta way

It really is. Logan and Pistol are still in damage control mode, they don't realize that they've already lost.

THe best thing Logan and Pistol can do is resign.

Personal Rig:

Linux/test Box:

13" Macbook Air M1:

Home Theater Setup

Other Devices I use: