Tek Syndicate is Burning

1 minute ago, ScootsMcgoots said:

What does the censored part say? 

http://imgur.com/XryN8Sm

CPU: R5 3600 (OC 4.3GHz - 1.175v) Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC GPU: ASUS TUF RTX 3060 Ti OC 8GB

RAM: Ballistix Sport LT 16GB 3600CL15 Monitor: AOC Q27G2U VA 1440p/144Hz Boot SSD: 850 EVO 256GB PSU: CORSAIR TX550M

Cooler: Hyper 212 Black Case: Phanteks Eclipse P350X Keyboard: Corsair K70 Mouse: Logitech G502

2 minutes ago, wkdpaul said:

@LAwLz @goodtofufriday @Tomsen @Syntaxvgm @Yoinkerman

1st thing; you can't "burn" a switch simply by putting too much load onto it, that's just not how it works!

With that out of the way, my opinion on the whole switch failing and killing network ports;

Catastrophic failure; since it's a business grade switch I'm guessing it had PoE, and even though it can't send power down an ethernet cable without a proper verification, I'm sure some sort of catastrophic failure of the switch would make it possible for it to start sending PoE just before dying.

Business grade equipment is still subjected to DOA and catastrophic failures.

Of course you can.  It's not supposed to happen, they're supposed to be able to handle full throughput on all ports.  But I live in the real world where stuff is made cheap in china, even "high quality enterprise" stuff.

And they were all brand new so one could have been basically doa as soon as it was stressed.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

2 minutes ago, goodtofufriday said:

For my months on this forum I state when needed my profession, and for years prior on other forums with the same username I state the same. Do I need to give you access to my Azure farm to believe that maybe someone on the LTT forum is an actual IT pro?

No disrespect but I don't think you know enough to question whats being said.  

No but you could tell me how in the world this relates to the topic of the original post, seriously do you need me to set up a mumble server for you two so you can argue this nonsense in private.

Main Rig: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/58641-the-i7-950s-gots-to-go-updated-104/ | CPU: Intel i7-4930K | GPU: 2x EVGA Geforce GTX Titan SC SLI| MB: EVGA X79 Dark | RAM: 16GB HyperX Beast 2400mhz | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256gb | HDD: 2x Western Digital Raptors 74gb | EX-H34B Hot Swap Rack | Case: Lian Li PC-D600 | Cooling: H100i | Power Supply: Corsair HX1050 |

Pfsense Build (Repurposed for plex) https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/715459-pfsense-build/

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

For my months on this forum I state when needed my profession, ...

Right

*walks away again*

-------

Current Rig

-------

1 hour ago, Novasty said:

The forums are still up, Logan just redirected the IP address for the domain.

It is, sorta. But what I mean is theoretically there is nothing stopping Wendell from literally unplugging the server. 

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Yes, because you started talking about what the "IT industry wants", and while what you said is true for very very large companies, it is not at all true for the other 95% of companies. I don't think saying you are in the network industry is "boasting" though. If that's how people interpreted it then it was not my intention.

Here is the thing... I have watched some videos with Qain and he seems like a joke to me. The things I have seen have been incoherent rambling and straight up misinformation from him. So that's the picture I have of him, a clown. If someone just goes "he helped set up a LAN party so his knowledge is legitimate" then that's not enough evidence to make me change my mind.

I have asked several times to have this fascination with Qain explained to me and so far I haven't gotten any examples of him being as good as people make him out to be.

I have made several questions to get more insight, such as asking what he helped with at the LAN, if he is specialized at something then what is his specialty, and so on, but the replies I get are just excuses and attacks aimed at me.

I really feel like I walked into a church and said "God sucks". People are acting completely irrationally and are hell bent on defending Qain for some reason.

He seems like a clown which spews garbage to me. Why is everyone else so obsessed with him? If he is knowledgeable about something, what is he knowledgeable about? If you're going to call him knowledgeable then you should know what subject he is knowledgeable about, right?

Well we had a good run but after 20 pages it's official...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRGw68hZJQ8WepcFPXOnEs

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

2 minutes ago, ltguy said:

No but you could tell me how in the world this relates to the topic of the original post, seriously do you need me to set up a mumble server for you two so you can argue this nonsense in private.

Eh. I'm finished... no one wants to research and will just believe what ever was said first. And anyone who has something to say otherwise needs to argue to even have their point considered. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

2 minutes ago, Yoinkerman said:

Of course you can.  It's not supposed to happen, they're supposed to be able to handle full throughput on all ports.  But I live in the real world where stuff is made cheap in china, even "high quality enterprise" stuff.

And they were all brand new so one could have been basically doa as soon as it was stressed.

Pure garbage. They can handle full throughput if the temperatures allows it, this is embedded directly in the chips with heat sensors on critical areas.

Also high quality enterprise stuff undergoes alot of validation, so that is one odd statement. Unless you mean chineese crap sold as high-end enterprise.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

8 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

Here is the thing...

Right, but I didn't: I told you I liked his pfsense videos. Watch those maybe? Or not it's all the same to me. You made those points abundantly clear and they don't apply to me so far I only gave very few answers on the LAN party thing sporadically not implicitly defending his skills.

My point was that you have as little evidence for your "He fucking sucks" position as the people you claim have none for his "He's a Networking god!" position. You wanted other examples: you have one. You might find issue with it but until then we have nothing further to discuss.

-------

Current Rig

-------

7 minutes ago, corsairian said:

It is, sorta. But what I mean is theoretically there is nothing stopping Wendell from literally unplugging the server. 

Wont happen.

Further more i cannot give anymore details.

2 minutes ago, Tomsen said:

Pure garbage. They can handle full throughput if the temperatures allows it, this is embedded directly in the chips with heat sensors on critical areas.

Also high quality enterprise stuff undergoes alot of validation, so that is one odd statement. Unless you mean chineese crap sold as high-end enterprise.

I think someone said they were brand new right? We have confirmation on that? Cause we're talking about a channel with another guy that's made several videos about getting server equipment literally out of the garbage to repurpose it.

-------

Current Rig

-------

29 minutes ago, Misanthrope said:

1) So you are not here to pound yourself on the chest yet you know exactly where the boasting was done. Also you said you're a professional in IT and Networking too if I recall

2) You've been told is very different. Some disagreed with that some didn't. A high school lan party seems like a supremely ridiculous example of overestimating your own abilities, whatever I'm sure many agree that it's just plug and play a bunch of daisy chained 8 port switches and off you go. Sure.

3) I have seen his tutorial videos on pfsense. I thought they were well made and informative.

Given the fact that Logan openly and frequently mocks the fuck out of Linus I'm sure any reaction from him would be met with criticism and scorn from many so yeah, he'd be right to just ignore the entire thing.

So in the "generic" sense of warehouse that actually represents thousands of variables this is drastically reduced? You have little to no idea about the specifics this is just guessing based on nothing at this point. Controlled environments are controlled for a reason if this wasn't a controlled environment then many many factors are not only plausible but likely.

you're clearly just arguing for the sake of arguing. you're going in circles, getting nowhere, and with each post you make for the past 4 pages, your tempo has only increased, but the circle you make has simply tightened.