Dell XPS 410 Mod

Gaged

So, I have this really shitty Dell XPS 410 from maybe around 10 years ago that is laying in my office. Why don't I use it? Simple. My parents virused the fucking thing a few years after they bought it, and it hasn't worked since. The hard drive is missing and probably doesn't exist anymore. 

Core 2 Duo E6300 1.83 GHz ;-;

2GB DDR2 RAM

No Graphics Card ;-; 

A Dell Motherboard

500W PSU I plan on putting in it to to see if it will turn on for shits and giggles, the old 325W PSU that came with it doesn't work anymore.

320GB HDD 5400RPM OR a 250GB HDD 7200RPM.

And I had got the idea to put my GTX 750 Ti in there, but it would be a huge bottleneck I'm guessing.

And I also had the idea to see if I could replace that E6300 with something much more powerful into that LGA 775 socket. These processors, one of them I'm thinking of putting in there, are all LGA 775. I don't know if it will work or not, but here are the processors I'm thinking of.

(All are Quad-Core) 

Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz

Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.667 GHz

Core 2 Quad Q9500 2.833 GHz

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 GHz

Would ANY of these work in that Dell's motherboard? Also, if they have a come w/ a heatsink and fan, please tell me as I also have a huge heatsink w/o a fan that I would get one for it if they didn't come with one already.

The processor in the computer I use now is an AMD A6-6400K Dual-Core 3.9 GHz, but this AMD processor is in my main computer, that also still has the GTX 750 Ti in it, none of these are in the Dell.

But you might be wondering, why not get an 860K for your main PC? Answer: I don't want to spend the money on that, I have a soft spot in my heart for Dell/Old Computers/ The Dell's Case, and I want to prove to my parents who didn't know what they were doing when they bought this 10 years ago, that I can make this thing faster and bring it back to life. And instead of it running on that shit Windows Vista, I'd put either Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 on it, cause why. The hell. Not? Vista was the most resource consumptious OS Microsoft ever made, so why use it?

If you can find out if these would work, please let me know.

If you can find these on eBay or Amazon that is in the U.S.A. for under 50 bucks, pleeeaaase let me know.

Thanks for your time :)

19 minutes ago, Gaged said:

So, I have this really shitty Dell XPS 410 from maybe around 10 years ago that is laying in my office. Why don't I use it? Simple. My parents virused the fucking thing a few years after they bought it, and it hasn't worked since. The hard drive is missing and probably doesn't exist anymore. 

Core 2 Duo E6300 1.83 GHz ;-;

2GB DDR2 RAM

No Graphics Card ;-; 

A Dell Motherboard

500W PSU I plan on putting in it to to see if it will turn on for shits and giggles, the old 325W PSU that came with it doesn't work anymore.

320GB HDD 5400RPM OR a 250GB HDD 7200RPM.

And I had got the idea to put my GTX 750 Ti in there, but it would be a huge bottleneck I'm guessing.

And I also had the idea to see if I could replace that E6300 with something much more powerful into that LGA 775 socket. These processors, one of them I'm thinking of putting in there, are all LGA 775. I don't know if it will work or not, but here are the processors I'm thinking of.

(All are Quad-Core) 

Core 2 Quad Q9300 2.5 GHz

Core 2 Quad Q9400 2.667 GHz

Core 2 Quad Q9500 2.833 GHz

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 GHz

Would ANY of these work in that Dell's motherboard? Also, if they have a come w/ a heatsink and fan, please tell me as I also have a huge heatsink w/o a fan that I would get one for it if they didn't come with one already.

The processor in the computer I use now is an AMD A6-6400K Dual-Core 3.9 GHz, but this AMD processor is in my main computer, that also still has the GTX 750 Ti in it, none of these are in the Dell.

But you might be wondering, why not get an 860K for your main PC? Answer: I don't want to spend the money on that, I have a soft spot in my heart for Dell/Old Computers/ The Dell's Case, and I want to prove to my parents who didn't know what they were doing when they bought this 10 years ago, that I can make this thing faster and bring it back to life. And instead of it running on that shit Windows Vista, I'd put either Windows 7, 8.1, or 10 on it, cause why. The hell. Not? Vista was the most resource consumptious OS Microsoft ever made, so why use it?

If you can find out if these would work, please let me know.

If you can find these on eBay or Amazon that is in the U.S.A. for under 50 bucks, pleeeaaase let me know.

Thanks for your time :)

Wait, also forgot, I'd be upgrading the RAM to like 8GB.

it should support the core 2 quads. Why not look into the socket 771 mod?

8gb ram will work as well.

i have had to use my old xeon e5450(basically the c2q q9650) (in a gigabyte p45 combo) with 8gb of ddr3 ram with my 980ti and the performance wasn't that bad. 

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

25 minutes ago, simson0606 said:

it should support the core 2 quads. Why not look into the socket 771 mod?

8gb ram will work as well.

i have had to use my old xeon e5450(basically the c2q q9650) (in a gigabyte p45 combo) with 8gb of ddr3 ram with my 980ti and the performance wasn't that bad. 

I can't do LGA 771, it's LGA 775

1 hour ago, Gaged said:

I can't do LGA 771, it's LGA 775

The 775 socket can be modded to support 771 cpus. It requires you to remove the notches in the socket and to get a sticker to swap 2 pins on the cpu.

this can be a nice mod because there are many 771 xeon cpus with high clock speeds for a far lower price than the c2q version of the same chip.

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace