How to go back to safety? a.k.a windows 7

So uhm, this story starts with the sad fact about microsoft basically updating my computer to windows 10 (now called aids).

So i used aids for a while, thinking it would be okay, I had all my setting set correctly in my opinion and it shouldn't even search for updates. but okay.

So this morning I was playing a game of World of Tanks on faceit and there was quite a big price going on, when suddenly aids decides to restarts for "important" updates.

That was the exact moment i decided to back to windows 7 or maybe try Linux.

Now apparently, microsoft gives you the option to get rid of your aids within a month, but I installed a quite a while ago :(

Is there any other way to go back to windows 7 or go to linux wihout having to pay for a license? I think my computer had windows 7 installed when I built it, I don't know for sure anymore.

Sincerely, Mark

you can say win 10 not to restart automatically btw...

but i don't think win 7 will reactivate if you reinstall it because upgrade (but lets hear some other opinions). Linux is not the best option to switch to because game support

GUITAR BUILD LOG FROM SCRATCH OUT OF APPLEWOOD

- Ryzen Build -

R5 3600 | MSI X470 Gaming Plus MAX | 16GB CL16 3200MHz Corsair LPX | Dark Rock 4

MSI 2060 Super Gaming X

1TB Intel 660p | 250GB Kingston A2000 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | 2TB WD Blue

be quiet! Silent Base 601 | be quiet! Straight Power 550W CM

2x Dell UP2516D

- First System (Retired) -

Intel Xeon 1231v3 | 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Dual Channel | Gigabyte H97 D3H | Gigabyte GTX 970 Gaming G1 | 525 GB Crucial MX 300 | 1 TB + 2 TB Seagate HDD
be quiet! 500W Straight Power E10 CM | be quiet! Silent Base 800 with stock fans | be quiet! Dark Rock Advanced C1 | 2x Dell UP2516D

Reviews: be quiet! Silent Base 800 | MSI GTX 950 OC

You can try to reinstall Windows 7 again, if that doesn't work than you're either going to have to get a new 7 key or stick with 'aids', even though you yourself managed to make aids worse by letting it auto restart, like my 'aids' never does that. 

4 hours ago, SpaceTurtle said:

So uhm, this story starts with the sad fact about microsoft basically updating my computer to windows 10 (now called aids).

So i used aids for a while, thinking it would be okay, I had all my setting set correctly in my opinion and it shouldn't even search for updates. but okay.

So this morning I was playing a game of World of Tanks on faceit and there was quite a big price going on, when suddenly aids decides to restarts for "important" updates.

That was the exact moment i decided to back to windows 7 or maybe try Linux.

Now apparently, microsoft gives you the option to get rid of your aids within a month, but I installed a quite a while ago :(

Is there any other way to go back to windows 7 or go to linux wihout having to pay for a license? I think my computer had windows 7 installed when I built it, I don't know for sure anymore.

Sincerely, Mark

Windows gives you 30 days to perform the update... So if you didn't restart your machine within 30 days, I kinda have to put that on you...

Please spend as much time writing your question, as you want me to spend responding to it.  Take some time, and explain your issue, please!

Spoiler

If you need to learn how to install Windows, check here:  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/324871-guide-how-to-install-windows-the-right-way/

Event Viewer 101: https://youtu.be/GiF9N3fJbnE

Not only can you set it to not automatically restart, you can, as of (I think) the anniversary update, set it to only restart within a certain timeframe.