HD650 + Magni 2 Questions.

leandroestacio

Hello everyone, I recently received my  HD 650, which is very different from the Logitech G35 virtual sound that I have been using for  years, and I have some questions about it. 

First every where that I read comments and reviews, talk about  getting a Amp to go with it. At first with my onboard sound it already sounds loud enough for me that if I havent placed a order for the amp, I probably wouldn't have done so.

I ended  up getting a Magni 2 but testing it today, the sound difference is nothing like I thought it would be. On high gain I can tell that I started noticing a difference in volume when maybe 15%-20% was left to max it out. Is that normal? Maybe that is price/performance of the magni 2? 

Another thing is that maxing the volume all the way, can it damage the headphones? Does the magni 2 have enough power to "blow" the hd650? I dont understand none of the spec on the sheets of the products, like omhs or rms...  

Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, leandroestacio said:

Hello everyone, I recently received my  HD 650, which is very different from the Logitech G35 virtual sound that I have been using for  years, and I have some questions about it. 

First every where that I read comments and reviews, talk about  getting a Amp to go with it. At first with my onboard sound it already sounds loud enough for me that if I havent placed a order for the amp, I probably wouldn't have done so.

I ended  up getting a Magni 2 but testing it today, the sound difference is nothing like I thought it would be. On high gain I can tell that I started noticing a difference in volume when maybe 15%-20% was left to max it out. Is that normal? Maybe that is price/performance of the magni 2? 

Another thing is that maxing the volume all the way, can it damage the headphones? Does the magni 2 have enough power to "blow" the hd650? I dont understand none of the spec on the sheets of the products, like omhs or rms...  

Thank you. 

Putting your magni 2 on full volume won't damage your headphones, but it will murder your eardrums.

My PC Currently Is The P2-1320a.

its funny, it starts to pass comfort level but is bearable. are headphones amps designed to prevent this kind of damages to headphones or is that the magni 2 does not have enough power to drive these to it's full potential?

Thank you though for  you quick response. xD  

No, the Magni 2 does not have enough power to blow the HD 650. This has nothing to do with driving the headphone to it's "full potential". No, amps don't have protections built in to stop them blowing the load. The user is expected to understand and use the equipment properly.

3 hours ago, leandroestacio said:

On high gain I can tell that I started noticing a difference in volume when maybe 15%-20% was left to max it out.

I don't have a clue what this is supposed to  mean, so I can't tell you if it's normal.

At first with my onboard sound it already sounds loud enough for me that if I havent placed a order for the amp, I probably wouldn't have done so.

That's why I recommend buying the headphone FIRST.

No, the Magni 2 does not have enough power to blow the HD 650. This has nothing to do with driving the headphone to it's "full potential". No, amps don't have protections built in to stop them blowing the load. The user is expected to understand and use the equipment properly.

On high gain I can tell that I started noticing a difference in volume when maybe 15%-20% was left to max it out.

I don't have a clue what this is supposed to  mean, so I can't tell you if it's normal.

At first with my onboard sound it already sounds loud enough for me that if I havent placed a order for the amp, I probably wouldn't have done so.

That's why I recommend buying the headphone FIRST.