Looking for new $50 headphones

Go to solution Solved by Shoob,

Superlux HD681 Evo and 668B are great choices for sub-$50.

So I am in the market for a new pair of headphones, but I am not sure which ones to get. I do not want a headset, because I am fully aware of the compromises that are included with those, so I want normal headphones that I will just attach an Antlion Modmic 4.0 to. I want them to be around $50, but if you have to go a little bit above that is ok, as long as it is actually worth throwing in a bit of extra money. I am looking to do mostly gaming with these, so surround sound is definitely a plus, but I may also use them for other things. It doesn't matter if they are open or closed. 

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

25 minutes ago, Pandalf said:

I had heard about the 668B, and was planning on getting them, but I wanted to make sure there weren't any other options before buying. Thanks for your recommendation.

Steelseries siberia 200 are pretty good. They're over your price range so idk.

"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." John F. Kennedy

"Daddy is going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." Linus Sebastian

"It's soft, but in a good way, kinda like typing on boobs." Luke Lafreniere

38 minutes ago, ForumTryhard said:

Steelseries siberia 200 are pretty good. They're over your price range so idk.

Nice joke :D 

But seriously, WHY ARE YOU SUGGESTING A HEADSET? OP asked for a pair of headphones ya know ;)

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Nice joke :D 

But seriously, WHY ARE YOU SUGGESTING A HEADSET? OP asked for a pair of headphones ya know ;)

shhhhhh

"Always forgive your enemies, but never forget their names." John F. Kennedy

"Daddy is going on a dangerous mission to shoot his employees." Linus Sebastian

"It's soft, but in a good way, kinda like typing on boobs." Luke Lafreniere

I am thinking of picking up the HD668B as soon as tomorrow, as I have been hearing a lot of good things about them and I can't seem to find anything close to my price range that is noticeably better. I am also going to throw in the velvet earpads, just because I am huge on comfort, and they are only $6 or something like that. I am going to pick up a cheap lav mic until I can get the antlion, because I don't quite have the money for both as of right now. I would wait, but the right ear of my current headset is broken and I can't stand this for much longer.

I have the 668b. Yes they are superb for the money in terms of sound quality, highly recommended both for gaming and music listening, but I strongly suggest you to replace the pads with better pads because the ones that came with it are not very good for long listening session, the material feels really cheap (as expected) and my head would start to sweat after only like 15-20 minutes. I replaced them with the Hifiman focus pads, they fit perfectly, but I had to remove the plastic ring first.

"Yippie-ki-yay motherf**ker!"  ~John McClane

4 hours ago, dre92 said:

I have the 668b. Yes they are superb for the money in terms of sound quality, highly recommended both for gaming and music listening, but I strongly suggest you to replace the pads with better pads because the ones that came with it are not very good for long listening session, the material feels really cheap (as expected) and my head would start to sweat after only like 15-20 minutes. I replaced them with the Hifiman focus pads, they fit perfectly, but I had to remove the plastic ring first.

The 681 Evo come with velour earpads, which are way better in terms of comfort. I don't know how different is the sound quality between the two, but I'm very with mine. :P

From salty to bath salty in 2.9 seconds

I have finally made up my mind and I ordered the  Superlux HD668B. They will be here within a few days, and I can't wait to try them out. Thanks everyone!