Dedicated C64 Rasperry pi project.

I bought a raspberry pi 2 B a few days ago. I bought it for specifically C64 emulation. I cant seem to find a dedicated OS for such a thing. [I want to be able to turn it on and boot straight into a C64 prompt.] I need an authentic LOOKING case. [With the keyboard working and all] DB-9 Gamepad support [Atari 2600 joysticks to be specific] Like an adapter. I own a 1541 emulator that runs "disks" via SD card. And [Optional] Cartridge support. [I really could use like a GPIO thing to use my EPYX fast load]

4 minutes ago, Joeyfla95 said:

I cant seem to find a dedicated OS for such a thing

Run debian/raspberrian(or really any linux distro will work)

Then make a init job to launch the emulator.

if you want to be a bit adventurous, i did this a while back: 

my OS of choice was "retropie", a fork off raspbian that boots straight into emulationstation. i'm sure with some creativity you could just get a raspbian install, and make it boot straight into the C64 emulator that emulationstation uses.

There is a setting in Retropie that will actually launch you streight into an emulator without booting into the settings.

[spoiler=Blue^3http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/388528-blue3/ I5 4690k | Asrock Z97 Pro4 mATX | RAM: Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Blue Edition and Corsair Vengeance (2x4GB) Black Edition | GPU: XFX DD R9 390x | PSU: Corsair AX760 | SSD: Samsung 840- 120GB | Hard Drives: 2x1TB WD Blue | Watercooling Kit: XSPC Raystorm 240