Why are tech bags so ugly? Looking for "Not so ugly" ones... Any suggestion?

EnVy_28

lawyer-with-a-backpack.jpg?resize=640,39

Why are they so...?

So I'm looking for a nice bag for my daily use,. Preferably something that can fit a 15" Notebook.
I also looked at some branded ones (Which is uglier than cheap ones LOL not mocking those expensive ones trust me).
I've also looked at some well known brand like "Incase"...

But the problem I have with the majority of the bags out there is, they are all so ugly... And I'm not trying to sound like "I need a stylish bag for my stylish look" kinda douche way...
I mean, everyday, I only carry 1 pen, 1 paper notebook, 1 15" laptop, a charger, and a phone. THAT'S IT! (Oh and the phone goes in my pocket, not in the bag)

But most of the bags out there are so BIG and makes you looks like you're going on a freaking camping trip every freaking day and expects you to carry your whole house in the bag.
And most "slim" bags I found are just literally an "amazon box" with a strap LOL... (Cant they make it a little more pleasing in the eyes at least?)

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K ( raped to 4.4Ghz) | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix

Case: Fractal Design DefineR3Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100 & 1TB Samsung Whatevs | Display(s): ASUS MG279Q1x Cheap LG Shit

PSU: Corsair HX650 or something | Cooling: Corsair H80i | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure | Sound: SoundBlaster Recon3D PCI-e

ThinkPad Professional or ThinkPad Essential back packs are pretty nice but could be pricey to some for what they are.

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Courier bags are cool cat styling. Look at those. When I say "cool cat", I mean 3 earrings on each ear kind of styling :)

I like their Classic Messenger one, it's also cheap and they ship worlwide. Yey... +1 on my list...

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K ( raped to 4.4Ghz) | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix

Case: Fractal Design DefineR3Storage: 256GB Crucial MX100 & 1TB Samsung Whatevs | Display(s): ASUS MG279Q1x Cheap LG Shit

PSU: Corsair HX650 or something | Cooling: Corsair H80i | Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 | Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure | Sound: SoundBlaster Recon3D PCI-e

Glad I can help, now go out and get pierced!

Courier bags tend to be expensive bags though.

Look at travel bag stores too.

2 minutes ago, BlueChinchillaEatingDorito said:

ThinkPad Professional or ThinkPad Essential back packs are pretty nice but could be pricey to some for what they are.

I didn't know Lenovo maked bags. I agree they are good looking and I persoally like the slim professional one. Don't know how slim it is though but will add it on my list for now... Thanks...

4 minutes ago, Nastier said:

This is what I've used for the past 1 or 2 years, I find it cool (although it's kind of dying now and it's expensive)

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-accessories/17-stealth-messenger-satchel-for-the-razer-blade/

It's waterproof and feel very solid 

Oh the stealth, riiiight... I kinda like it when I first saw it, I don't know what but theres something in it that makes me don't wanna buy it. Dont get me wrong I like it, but theres something in it.. maybe the logo? LOL

5 minutes ago, Canada EH said:

Glad I can help, now go out and get pierced!

Courier bags tend to be expensive bags though.

Look at travel bag stores too.

Will try to match it with the bag... Send you pics bruh.. LOL

most simple swiss gear backpacks would work without being overkill. They usually have pockets big enough to fit laptops. My bag which I use for school fits a 17" laptop (barely), notebooks, iPad in tablet pocket, and more if I need it. If i don't have much in it the bag will stay pretty flat and minimal until I fill it with books which expands it. 

2 minutes ago, Dietrichw said:

most simple swiss gear backpacks would work without being overkill. They usually have pockets big enough to fit laptops. My bag which I use for school fits a 17" laptop (barely), notebooks, iPad in tablet pocket, and more if I need it. If i don't have much in it the bag will stay pretty flat and minimal until I fill it with books which expands it. 

Why didn't I heard of this brands before? Thanks...

2 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Typical schooling backpacks will definitely fit what you need. Even a $30 Jansport backpack should be capable.

The old Jansport huh? I've used one in highschool and I loved it... List is getting bigger... Thanks...

2 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Typical schooling backpacks will definitely fit what you need. Even a $30 Jansport backpack should be capable.

The old Jansport huh? I've used one in highschool and I loved it... List is getting bigger... Thanks...

I use a real brown leather messenger bag that was a cheapo one from China on Amazon, but they no longer make it in the same size as the one I bought, only a smaller one.

Linus is my fetish.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

I use a real brown leather messenger bag that was a cheapo one from China on Amazon, but they no longer make it in the same size as the one I bought, only a smaller one.

May I ask the maker? or better yet, a picture? I dontreally mind if its cheap or made in china or anything... as long as its "not so ugly"... LOL

8 minutes ago, EnVy_28 said:

May I ask the maker? or better yet, a picture? I dontreally mind if its cheap or made in china or anything... as long as its "not so ugly"... LOL

This one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G1BKQC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8

But thats like half the size of the one I got 2 years ago:

FfwSn1s.jpg 

Back then it had two size options, the bigger one that I got here, and the smaller one which appears to be the only current option.

Linus is my fetish.

21 minutes ago, EnVy_28 said:

Yeah, my Jansport has lasted through the entire school year and fits literally my entire locker's worth of contents in it. It can definitely fit a laptop, it looks good, and it is quite reliable.

1 minute ago, Bhav said:

This one:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00G1BKQC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8

But thats like half the size of the one I got 2 years ago:

FfwSn1s.jpg 

Back then it had two size options, the bigger one that I got here, and the smaller one which appears to be the only current option.

So they only make the smaller ones only now? (In the amazon link). Yeah I'm not an expert but I don't think 15" laptop would fit in there... (Captain Obvious out) LOL

4 minutes ago, theninja35 said:

Yeah, my Jansport has lasted through the entire school year and fits literally my entire locker's worth of contents in it. It can definitely fit a laptop, it looks good, and it is quite reliable.

It IS reliable.

12 minutes ago, EnVy_28 said:

So they only make the smaller ones only now? (In the amazon link). Yeah I'm not an expert but I don't think 15" laptop would fit in there... (Captain Obvious out) LOL

No, its not even A4 size. Definitely not for a laptop.

And its a shame because I've had a lot of comments IRL from people saying now nice it is and how expensive was it, and I'm like 'oh it wasnt expensive, something like a tenner on Amazon, but sent from China', but now it only seems to be in the small size.

Other real leather bags that arent from China cost a lot more.

Also similarly, I got a real leather trapper hat for cheap from China too, but its far too warm for me even in winter. Its hit or miss, you can get awesome stuff for cheap from Chinese / Hong Kong sellers on Amazon, or it might be crap.

Linus is my fetish.

I love this one, but look at the price:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LEABAGS-Dublin-genuine-buffalo-briefcase/dp/B00JBM0XIM/ref=sr_1_3?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1472326517&sr=1-3-spons&psc=1

China plz, make something like that for cheap. Or I actually bet the expensive ones are still made in China but then distributed and sold locally by a big name brand.

Linus is my fetish.

Bags are tricky, because there are so many good ones from brands which have very limited distribution.

Right now I got a LowePro Compuday 150 and I love it. Managed to get it for like 30 dollars and it has been the best bag I've ever had (which isn't saying a lot).

If I had a ton of money and nothing to spend it on though, as well as a much smaller and thinner laptop, then I would get the Peak Design Everyday Messanger (15" version).

If you like slick Kickstarter campaign then you can check out theirs here (it was for the bag, but it's finished since a long time ago). They are making some other bags right now as well (Kickstarter page here).

bag.jpg