500w psu zotac 980ti extr

Go to solution Solved by quan289,
7 minutes ago, Hamzeh AlKamel said:

so basically right now im not using 6600k oc though im planning on it in the future when i get the 650w.

tbh now i only play DOTA2 and somethings like that so its not resource hungry.

can i run the system on low load for this weak only?is it safe?

and thnx for the informations

Yes, it would do. As you can see in this review, it was able to output its rated 500B continuously while staying with in ATX specification.

For longevity sake, the 500B may not be the most ideal unit to have, but if you are running it for only a week until you replace it, you should be fine.

you probably get asked this alot, but here we go.

i had a personal pc where i casually enjoy some little games nothing special and someone decieded to give me a beautiful zotac gtx980ti extreme. which is too much for me bur yeah its beautiful :3

anyway i have "evga 500b" which served me right untill now.

so the question is can it handle the gtx980ti?

i read here and some other places that the 500w is enough for it and in the psu calculator it says that my build draws at most 480w so i think i should be fine, however i read somewhere that i must get a better 600w and that the 500 is dangerous. is this right?

i already bought a new corsair de vengeance 650w just to clear my mind but it takes one weak for the shipping.

check my build here

Well, with a non-overclocked i5-6600k system with a 980 Ti would have a peak power draw of around 350wDC. The EVGA 500B would be able to power that system.

Of course, while it may work, the 500B isn't the sort of PSU I would recommend in such an application, and such such, I would recommend switching over to the Corsair Vengeance 650w when you get it. It's a vastly superior unit.

2 minutes ago, quan289 said:

Well, with a non-overclocked i5-6600k system with a 980 Ti would have a peak power draw of around 350wDC. The EVGA 500B would be able to power that system.

Of course, while it may work, the 500B isn't the sort of PSU I would recommend in such an application, and such such, I would recommend switching over to the Corsair Vengeance 650w when you get it.

so basically right now im not using 6600k oc though im planning on it in the future when i get the 650w.

Yes, it would do. As you can see in this review, it was able to output its rated 500B continuously while staying with in ATX specification.

For longevity sake, the 500B may not be the most ideal unit to have, but if you are running it for only a week until you replace it, you should be fine.

Just now, quan289 said:

ty for your effort

Just now, quan289 said:

ty for your effort

1 hour ago, Hamzeh AlKamel said:

ty for your effort

Quan basically said what I would - don't use it forever but it'll work until you get a higher quality unit.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||