Sapphire 7950 Stuttering Issues

semiprocoder

First off, what ever happened to the catalyst control center?

Anyways, recently I've been noticing that I get random frame drops in game, which kind of ruin gameplay. My fps usually is pretty good, but sometimes the game just freezes for like half a second. Thus I decided to run gpuz and furmark to stress the gpu, and noticed that the stuttering seems to happen at the same time as my gpu clocking to 300 mhz for some reason. Normally, it reports 850 mhz, which is strange as the model I have is supposed to run at 925 mhz. I am running an fx 8320 not overclocked as my cpu, and I have a 650 watt 80+ bronze psu. Furthermore, my gpu temps max are only about 65 degrees at 50% fan speed when running furmark. I don't really remember any of this happening back a few years ago when I bought my pc.

20 minutes ago, semiprocoder said:

the CCC was replaced by a Crimson

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system

30 minutes ago, semiprocoder said:

Anyways, recently I've been noticing that I get random frame drops in game, which kind of ruin gameplay. My fps usually is pretty good, but sometimes the game just freezes for like half a second. Thus I decided to run gpuz and furmark to stress the gpu, and noticed that the stuttering seems to happen at the same time as my gpu clocking to 300 mhz for some reason. Normally, it reports 850 mhz, which is strange as the model I have is supposed to run at 925 mhz. I am running an fx 8320 not overclocked as my cpu, and I have a 650 watt 80+ bronze psu. Furthermore, my gpu temps max are only about 65 degrees at 50% fan speed when running furmark. I don't really remember any of this happening back a few years ago when I bought my pc.

What's the CPU usage when that happens? It could be the GPU is waiting for input from the CPU, and downclocks itself while idle.

20 minutes ago, semiprocoder said:

the CCC was replaced by a Crimson

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/334934-unofficial-ltt-beginners-guide/ (by Minibois) and a few things that will make our community interaction more pleasent:
1. FOLLOW your own topics                                                                                2.Try to QUOTE people so we can read through things easier
3.Use
PCPARTPICKER.COM - easy and most importantly approved here        4.Mark your topics SOLVED if they are                                
Don't change a running system