Front Case Fans Problem

Hey guys, I've recently finish building my first PC ever. Everything inside the case has been running smoothly except some minor problems. The included 2 120mm front case fans including the LED isn't working at all. I've connected the 2 front fans led plugs and connectors but that still didn't work. The CM storm logo power button work but the fan controller isn't.  I'm using Cooler Master Storm Stryker case. Am i missing something or did I plugged in something wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Make sure you actually plugged them into a fan header, 3 or 4 pins with a little tab next to it that should line up with slots on the connector.

make sure its actually enabled in the bios too

I plugged in the 2 x 120mm front fans with that black things ( Idk what it is called). Sorry the cable management isn't that good.

Spoiler

IMG_0837.JPG

Edited by Godlygamer23
Fixed image and put it in a spoiler.

Have you connected fan controllers power cable? If you have connected fans to mobo, can you see them in BIOS?

Because of recent update on forum, pics aren't being loaded correctly, so can't help in that part.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I saw N/A on my case fans 1 and 2 in BIOS. I plugged everything in the case and all the components are working except for 2 front case fans. Idk what the problem is. When I remove the top panel, i saw a 4 pin molex connector near to optical drive, I'm not sure if I needed to plug something in.

2 hours ago, LightningAce said:

I saw N/A on my case fans 1 and 2 in BIOS. I plugged everything in the case and all the components are working except for 2 front case fans. Idk what the problem is. When I remove the top panel, i saw a 4 pin molex connector near to optical drive, I'm not sure if I needed to plug something in.

I'm going to assume that fans are working, but to be sure, connect them directly to PSU. For testing purposes. Now use a fan that you know is working on those two mobo headers which were showing N/A while fan was connected to them. If you are using controller, make sure that all cables of it (power seems to be the molex one) are connected. That fan controller doesn't connect to mobo so it uses old way of DC control.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LightningAce said:

Those readings in the bios are for the chassis or system fans headers on your motherboard. It would make sense that you're not getting any reading if you didn't plug anything into those headers. 

That connector is probably for powering the fan controller. 

On 8/26/2016 at 4:34 PM, LightningAce said:

I plugged in the 2 x 120mm front fans with that black things ( Idk what it is called). Sorry the cable management isn't that good.

When most of your cables and connectors are black, it helps to zoo in and only show what you're referring to--circling things also work. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

45 minutes ago, LightningAce said:

-snip-

The black connectors split off the case fan controller and the 4pin molex connector is for power any fans connected to that controller. You need to plug into the 4pin molex form the psu to power the fans.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.