Cloning Questions For A Kingston SSD

xXxSourcexXx
Go to solution Solved by xXxSourcexXx,
4 hours ago, zMeul said:

you do not merge partitions

EaseUS will clone the exact size of the partition and since C is last the target drive will have spare allocated space, the menus will allow you to resize that partition to cover all the space

it even has a graphical interface that allows you to drag the size with the mouse

here's and example:

move-partition.gif

he's trying to resize partition I: to the left, to cover the unallocated space

and if i will use the cloning partition wizard in the program , will it clone the drive properly ? and by properly i mean that i will be able to take the new SSD after the process will be over and plug it instead of the old one and it will it work ? 

Just now, xXxSourcexXx said:

thanks a lot i will try it on Sunday , hopefully all goes well , i will keep you updated :)

Sunday is like .. not tomorrow xD

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

Sunday is like .. not tomorrow xD

lol , i could've try today though ;)

AMD Ryzen 2600 / Asus Prime B-350 Plus / Asus Xonar Essence STX / 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 MHZ / Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB / Corsair DX850W / 250 GB 850 Evo SSD + 3TB (In Various Hard Drives) / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Abyssus Essential / Cooler Master HEF 932 

Just now, zMeul said:

something I forgot:

if the original SSD was initialized MBR or GTP, you need to initialize the new one to the same type

of course , it such an easy task if you have a Samsung Evo SSD...

AMD Ryzen 2600 / Asus Prime B-350 Plus / Asus Xonar Essence STX / 16 GB Kingston HyperX 2400 MHZ / Gigabyte 1070 G1 Gaming 8GB / Corsair DX850W / 250 GB 850 Evo SSD + 3TB (In Various Hard Drives) / Logitech G710+ Keyboard / Razer Abyssus Essential / Cooler Master HEF 932 

of course , it such an easy task if you have a Samsung Evo SSD...

the Samsung clone shitty thing fucked up my shit xD went to EaseUS

1 minute ago, zMeul said:

the Samsung clone shitty thing fucked up my shit xD went to EaseUS

I am actually doing it for a costumer of mine , and the samsung clone program work perfectly in my case :)

I am actually doing it for a costumer of mine , and the samsung clone program work perfectly in my case :)

I guess it's from case to case, but I even saw it creating unaligned partitions - those are a pin to fix

15 hours ago, xXxSourcexXx said:

The program that i used asked me to chose the drive that i wanted to clone which was an (120gb drive) and the destination drive , it did 2 things :

1) It didn't make the drive bootable

2) it cloned the drive but instead of creating automatically a 480gb drive it created a 120Gb drive and left the rest untouched...

Hm, I cloned my 60GB SSD to a 128GB SSD with it. I was able to boot from it. Weird.

On 8/26/2016 at 10:39 PM, zMeul said:

you do not merge partitions

EaseUS will clone the exact size of the partition and since C is last the target drive will have spare allocated space, the menus will allow you to resize that partition to cover all the space

it even has a graphical interface that allows you to drag the size with the mouse

here's and example:

move-partition.gif

he's trying to resize partition I: to the left, to cover the unallocated space

Great program did the job perfectly , thanks a lot mate

On 8/26/2016 at 10:33 PM, Thread212 said:

IF thats the case.
1.If u have another pc running on windows. download and open Ghost 32
2.Use Hdd enclosure for your ssd so u can use it as external drive to Clone the data, or u can manually plug the SATA AND POWER cable.
3.Open the ghost 32. Local -> Disk -> To Image.
4.Select your SSD and Choose where u want to store the Clone image file.
5.Click save and wait for it to finish.
6.DONE.

Ps: If u dont have another pc running windows u can try to create a bootable hiren using YUMI. and use mini windows xp feature.

To restore.

1.Use Hdd enclosure for your SSD that u want to use so u can restore the clone image.
2.Open Ghost 32 .Local-> Disk -> From Image.
3.Choose the previous image that u have been created before.
4.Choose the disk that u want to restore.
5.Manage partition ( resize or merge )
6.click ok
7.wait till finish.
8.Reboot

PS: If u are gonna use your ssd in anotehr computer there's a chance that u will get a bluescreen because the different motherboard and other hardware though this rarely happen.

and thank you too , i will use this method to backup my own hard drives :)