Msi gaming app?

charbel1011

Which mode is good for gaming gaming mode, silent mode , or oc mode? and is oc mode safe?

You should just use MSI Afterburner instead.

OC Mode is the best out of those given.

Just now, charbel1011 said:

IS the oc mode safe in msi gaming app?

Yes it's safe. If not MSI wouldn't make it

5 minutes ago, Hunched said:

You should just use MSI Afterburner instead.

OC Mode is the best out of those given.

OP have concerns about safety so maybe not jump ahead to overclocking gpu yet. But if you want the best performance then go with afterburner

3 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

How to use msi after burner to over clock gpu?

Let Linus show you basics

3 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

Is the msi gaming app oc mode is it that bad/

No. It's just easy 

I tried the damn app to change the LED Colours of the MB.  But this damn thing dont work with my win10. "Your plattform is not supported"

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

7 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

Which mode is good for gaming gaming mode, silent mode , or oc mode? and is oc mode safe?

the OC mode is an automatic overclock

of course its safe, or they wouldnt include it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

18 hours ago, charbel1011 said:

Is the msi gaming app oc mode is it that bad/

The thing we don't like about the gaming app is that it doesn't support fan profile. Open up MSI Afterburner, and put the core clock and memory clock to the "OC" recommendations. That's it. Don't mess with voltage. You'll be fine. MSI afterburner has custom fan profiles so you can keep the fan running and keep things cool.

If you're nervous, send us a picture of MSI afterburner and we'll walk you through your steps

you can select any mode you want, if you just watching videos or web surfing just select silent mode but for gaming oc mode is recommended. Temps stay below 70c and core clock reach 1944.

Rig: CPU: Intel I7 4790k @ 4.5 ghz | MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: 4x4 gigs Kingston Fury 1600 ddr3 | GPU: MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X PSU: Seasonic M12ii-620 Evo Edition | HDD: 1 TB WD, 500 GB WD | SSD: Kingston SSD now 240 and 120 GB CASE: In Win 303 RGB edition | Mouse: Corsair m65 pro | Keyboard: Roccat Ryos MK | Headset: Hyper X Cloud Pro  | Monitor: LG 29um58-P Ultrawide monitor.

Anyone can help overclock my msi gtx 970 with afterburner or give me the settings?