Low Profile Below Zero Silent Air Cooler

AJFILMS
1 minute ago, W-L said:

If it's just a peliter unit they have been done before, if you don't give us enough info we can't really give much insight into it. 

damn i didnt know that but there's a bit more to it then just that

1 minute ago, AJFILMS said:

so peltier +? lol then its not really what you described but im still pretty sure this is something physics breaking 

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

2 minutes ago, AJFILMS said:

its not just using a heat sink there is more to it then just copper and thermal compound 

Listen. I can't tell if you're trolling or not, but cooling below zero when the ambient temps are above zero with a passive air cooler like you've described is LITERALLY PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE.

Unless you can provide schematics, or a photo, or hell just describe what the hell you're talking about, then you're bullshitting.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

Just now, AJFILMS said:

Here just to give you an idea, of what has been done before, peliter unit, not direct contact but provided extra cooling capability through the heatpipes. Only thing is if your going sub ambient your going to have issues with condensation and frosting once it get close enough, sub zero. 

http://www.legitreviews.com/cooler-master-v10-cpu-cooler-review_926

1 minute ago, JokerProduction said:

Guys protect your princesses, we have a troll amongst us.

But responding brings our post count up xD

ok thankyou i will definitely apply for a patent 

Please explain to me how you altered physics, it seems like a useful life skill.

✨PC Specs✨

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X | MSI MPG B550 Gaming Plus | 16GB Team T-Force 3400MHz | Zotac GTX 1080 AMP EXTREME

BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 4 Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | NZXT 750W | Phanteks Eclipse P400A

Extras: ASUS Zephyrus G14 (2021) | OnePlus 7 Pro | Fully restored Robosapien V2, Omnibot 2000, Omnibot 5402

1 minute ago, W-L said:

Here just to give you an idea, of what has been done before, peliter unit, not direct contact but provided extra cooling capability through the heatpipes. Only thing is if your going sub ambient your going to have issues with condensation and frosting once it get close enough, sub zero. 

yea ok thankyou i didn't realize but it does use a thermometric cooler but the design on the heat-sink adds to it

i am getting really interested in what this is tbh, starting to sound like peltier cooling aparently or rather Peltier +++ or something lol,

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

and yea thats the issue ive been having thats why i want to find a company that has the resources to help me with solving that issue the issue is more condensation around the cpu socket 

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

i am getting really interested in what this is tbh, starting to sound like peltier cooling aparently or rather Peltier +++ or something lol,

well now that i found out that what ive done is more of a improved version of something thats already been done before I think thats what im going to call it the Peltier +++ sub Zero passive air cooler lol

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

so peltier +? lol then its not really what you described but im still pretty sure this is something physics breaking 

A peltier unit could work, but requires some form of energy input, they don't work passively like op is describing. If they did then hell, why don't we all just get free cooling to our houses, fridges, freezers, all of it! To reach sub-zero temperatures on a passive unit, is impossible. The only way to remove heat from the heatsink would be through the ambient air in the case, which unless itself is below 0, could never allow the heatsink to reach below 0.

3 minutes ago, AJFILMS said:

yea ok thankyou i didn't realize but it does use a thermometric cooler but the design on the heat-sink adds to it

So its not passive. For a peltier unit to work it requires energy input. You don't get something, from nothing.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

well now that i found out that what ive done is more of a improved version of something thats already been done before I think thats what im going to call it the Peltier +++ sub Zero passive air cooler lol

lol well if you can give us proof of it working then im all for it, otherwise you are just a troll

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Atmos said:

A peltier unit could work, but requires some form of energy input, they don't work passively like op is describing. If they did then hell, why don't we all just get free cooling to our houses, fridges, freezers, all of it! To reach sub-zero temperatures on a passive unit, is impossible. The only way to remove heat from the heatsink would be through the ambient air in the case, which unless itself is below 0, could never allow the heatsink to reach below 0.

So its not passive. For a peltier unit to work it requires energy input. You don't get something, from nothing.

ok yes it does require a voltage input but there is no fan so its quiet 

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

lol well if you can give us proof of it working then im all for it, otherwise you are just a troll

sure ill do a video of it when i have a patent and it you want ill send you a link when i do so

Just now, AJFILMS said:

ok yes it does require a voltage input but there is no fan so its quiet 

Then call it a silent cooler, not a passive cooler.

You're getting hate and shut out of discussion because everyone is taking your description at face value. Calling it a passive cooler, but it requiring power is a flat out lie.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

Just now, Atmos said:

Then call it a silent cooler, not a passive cooler.

You're getting hate and shut out of discussion because everyone is taking your description at face value. Calling it a passive cooler, but it requiring power is a flat out lie.

ok ill do that 

and yea thats the issue ive been having thats why i want to find a company that has the resources to help me with solving that issue the issue is more condensation around the cpu socket 

The V10 cooler solved that by regulating the peliter unit so it only turned on after a certain temp on the cooler and cycled it so it wouldn't get to sub zero temps. The only solution really would be to insulate your board and apply a dielectric grease to prevent that from occurring. Also one of the big reasons why peliters died out was the amount of power they consumed to effective cool and to go sub zero you need a unit of at least double the TDP wattage of the CPU or more to be efficient. In many cases you would be looking at 200-300W for a peliter unit then trying to balance that with the heat that the peliter put off from the hot side. 

sure ill do a video of it when i have a patent and it you want ill send you a link when i do so

i think litteraly everyone in this thread wants a link tbh

Builds:

Spoiler

14 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

dude. if you dont have a patent then dont do anything with the idea, get a patent before anything if you have made something awesome. please report back once you have gotten that and then we will all know what this is

ok sure (-=

3 minutes ago, W-L said:

The V10 cooler solved that by regulating the peliter unit so it only turned on after a certain temp on the cooler and cycled it so it wouldn't get to sub zero temps. The only solution really would be to insulate your board and apply a dielectric grease to prevent that from occurring. Also one of the big reasons why peliters died out was the amount of power they consumed to effective cool and to go sub zero you need a unit of at least double the TDP wattage of the CPU or more to be efficient. In many cases you would be looking at 200-300W for a peliter unit then trying to balance that with the heat that the peliter put off from the hot side. 

well i got it by using a 12 volt 3 amp input

Just now, AJFILMS said:

which is 36 watts

4 minutes ago, W-L said:

another issue I had with it was after it being on for a few hours it just stops working and then the computer shuts down from the cpu over heating

22 minutes ago, W-L said:

also I've designed it for lga 771 socket because I designed it as an effective way for cooling a 1u server 

3 minutes ago, AJFILMS said:

another issue I had with it was after it being on for a few hours it just stops working and then the computer shuts down from the cpu over heating

But what about the system being under full load hours on end, it wouldn't be able to keep up at 36W and evidently it overheats because of it. Peliter units don't conduct heat through themselves very well, so all the cooling has to physically be done by the cold side of the peliter to keep things just at a reasonable temps not to mention sub zero.

If it were to fail for example the system would quickly thermal throttle and overheat even with a huge heatsink on the hot side since the sandwich acts as an insulator.