CPU cooler <120mm

B-dubya

I plan on getting the Corsair Air 240, which states that the max height accepted is 120mm for the heatsink/fan. I have read somewhere that you can go up to 125mm... but I'm sure that is taking away from a gap that is probably best to keep...

My go-to cooler has been the CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo.. but that is just way to big.

This will be for a Xeon 1231 v3, so it won't produce an insane amount of heat.. buy I wanted to go aftermarket to keep it a little cooler.. and a not as loud since the case is pretty open.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Here is a list of good coolers from Tom's Hardware. They have the measurements and reviews for them right in the list!

There is also always the Noctua NH-L12!

Where are you shopping/located? 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thank you for the replies! After looking into the air 240, I must have been blind to it at first... But it doesn't include any 5.25 bays.. And call me old fashion, I just like my drive bays! Besides.. how else am I going to rip all of my dvd / blurays!

I ended up getting the air 540, love the case.. so I went with my status quo 212 evo.. (My xeon 1231 v3 tops out around 48c , and my gtx 970 is only hitting 73 rarely..

Just need to find something to control all of these fans now ( I added 2 extra ), may throttle them down a little..