Sapphire releases TriXX 6.0.0, bringing support for RX 4xx series GPUs and more

ThinkWithPortals

Source: http://www.sapphiretech.com/catapage_tech.asp?cataid=291&lang=eng   

- Whole new look and interface

- Nitro Glow - customizable RGB LED lighting system contains a set of five different mode (only enable in the SKUs equipped RGB LED lighting system : Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480/470series)

- Fan Check function- check the cooler’s status and contact customer support in case of problems (only enable in the SKUs equipped Fan Quick Connect system: Sapphire Nitro+ RX 480/470 , Sapphire Nitro RX460 series)

- Set up 5 set of profile to be of (fan curve / GPU,memory clock/ voltage), and name it as their wish

Sapphire has just released their TriXX 6.0.0 software as an open beta. Among other things, this brings support for RX 480, 470 and 460 GPU monitoring and overclocking, a whole new UI, the ability to adjust the fan speeds and RGB LEDs of Sapphire's AIB RX 4xx GPUs and "Fan Check" which can assess whether your card's fans are operating correctly.

Personally I've been waiting to adjust the fan curve and RGB LED of my RX 480 NITRO for a while, so I'm glad it's finally released. What do you think? Will Sapphire owners be downloading this?

(this is my first time posting a news item, am I doing this right?)

Edited by GoodBytes
Removed tag

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

I hope this lets me overvolt higher on my 470 platinum, want to see how far I can push it on my EKWB.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

2 minutes ago, Damikiller37 said:

I don't like it either. Looks pretty bad now IMO.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

2 minutes ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

I don't like it either. Looks pretty bad now IMO.

I rolled back right after seeing it. The fan curves got all messed up as well when going back to the old version.

Well that is one disgusting looking UI.

I know that not everyone likes the same look, but I'm pretty sure most of tech fans won't like that. It simply looks ugly.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB

8 minutes ago, Damikiller37 said:

Pardon my French but.... what the fuck have they done???

PIC

Is it buggy, or do you just not like the look?

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

17 minutes ago, The Benjamins said:

Is it buggy, or do you just not like the look?

I tried to set my fan curve (that is all I use it for) since it slammed it to 100% and that seemed to work after giving me a few errors at first; I'm guessing it wasn't compatible with the way it was set in the previous version and after setting it again it seemed fine. If you don't need the features it adds then i would stick to the older V5.2.1 since it has a lot cleaner and easier to use UI.

26 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Its beyond me why hardware manufacturers like to gamify their software UI. 

What I struggle to understand is how they managed to go from this UI look in the last version:

Sapphire_20154161518.jpg

To the one I posted above...

22 minutes ago, Damikiller37 said:

What I struggle to understand is how they managed to go from this UI look in the last version:

To the one I posted above...

Why is Sapphire obsessed with curvy GUIs? They're all fucking horrible, the only reason I use them is because of the +200mV limit. HIS iTurbo does +400mV but this looks better. 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats

Oh look, another "Racy-Gamer" look software.

Just use AMD control panel. Looks nice, clean, and is understandable.

Yeah neat, Afterburner still works good enough whatever. Listen up Sapphire bitwits: enough with the Nitro BS. Bring back the looks of the Tri X and Vapour X cards, k?

-------

Current Rig

-------

3 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Oh look, another "Racy-Gamer" look software.

Just use AMD control panel. Looks nice, clean, and is understandable.

I'd be inclined to agree with you.

I only wanted it to change my LED colour and to set a fan curve. Perhaps I'll just use the hardware button to turn the LED off and use MSI Afterburner to set a fan curve once it gets an update to support the 400 series. AMD Wattman is temperamental for me, sometimes gives me "Radeon Settings Host Application has stopped responding"

Yeah, that UI it just needs to, go away.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

3 hours ago, Misanthrope said:

Yeah neat, Afterburner still works good enough whatever. Listen up Sapphire bitwits: enough with the Nitro BS. Bring back the looks of the Tri X and Vapour X cards, k?

I'd love to use Afterburner, but it hasn't been updated to support the RX 4xx series yet.

Eventually I think I'll uninstall TriXX and just use Afterburner - the UI is pretty awful, I prefer the LED off and I prefer Afterburner for the other stuff (fan control and monitoring).

2 minutes ago, JAKEBAB said:

hmm looks like a scuba mask :S

Great, now I can't unsee it and whenever I look at it I can only ever see a scuba mask :D