Machine shuts down, then boots to " No bootable device found"

BE SYNYSTER

My pc running Win 10 64 bit sometimes randomly shuts off at times when im using it, and when it boots back on and it says "Warning, no bootable device detected. Entering setup utility" and then leads to BIOS. I have to flip the power switch on my PSU and wait about a minute and then switch it back and turn on the PC and everything is fine. Not sure what is going on, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

SPECS:

AMD ATHLON X4 860K

LEPA AQUACHANGER 120MM CPU LIQUID COOLER

GIGABYTE F2A78M-HD2 MOTHERBOARD

SENTEY 725W XPS POWER SUPPLY

1TB WD BLUE HDD

MSI RADEON R9 380 4GB

6 hours ago, EpicGShot said:

My pc running Win 10 64 bit sometimes randomly shuts off at times when im using it, and when it boots back on and it says "Warning, no bootable device detected. Entering setup utility" and then leads to BIOS. I have to flip the power switch on my PSU and wait about a minute and then switch it back and turn on the PC and everything is fine. Not sure what is going on, any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

SPECS:

AMD ATHLON X4 860K

LEPA AQUACHANGER 120MM CPU LIQUID COOLER

GIGABYTE F2A78M-HD2 MOTHERBOARD

SENTEY 725W XPS POWER SUPPLY

1TB WD BLUE HDD

MSI RADEON R9 380 4GB

Try clearing your CMOS, whether via the battery or the impossible to find jumper. This WILL reset your BIOS.

Yes. I took out the CMOS battery and waited 30 seconds and put it back in yesterday, and it just happened about 20 minutes ago.

1. the PSU is horrible. its a fire hazard waiting to happen

2. possibly the HDD is dead  

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

Go to Gigabyte's site and make sure CPU (yes, I know its APU, but the 860 doesn't have graphics.) drivers.

6 hours ago, 007agentHP said:

1. the PSU is horrible. its a fire hazard waiting to happen

2. possibly the HDD is dead  

Hmmm, use something life Speedfan and post your HDD/SDD's SMART data.

The HDD is only about 5 months old, so i think its fine. But i only paid like 44$ for a 725w psu on amazon. Dont know if its bad quality or not. Ill link the amazon page below with the PSU. 

https://www.amazon.com/Sentey-XPP725-HS-Computer-Desktop-Bearing/dp/B00SN6VN7W/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1472088092&sr=8-1&keywords=sentey+psu

yes the PSU is a trash tier PSU

you will need to replace it

as for the HDD

try it on another working PC and see if you can read the data off the HDD

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

The HDD is fine. This only happens like once every few days or like once a week. I never have any HDD read or write problems

You could try going to Event Log to check out what windows has to say about those crashes.

Edited by Verrierr
Fixed my gramma

I did the S.M.A.R.T test and it says the overall fitness of my HDD is 100% and the overall performance of my HDD is 100%

6 hours ago, dragoon20005 said:

yes the PSU is a trash tier PSU

you will need to replace it

as for the HDD

try it on another working PC and see if you can read the data off the HDD

If you have another hard drive with an OS on it, maybe even load Ubuntu on a flash drive, and try booting to it. And, if this fixes your issue, it is probably a PSU issue. And, if it isn't the PSU, well, if it ain't broken, why fix it?

If i have to get a new PSU, how many watts would be enough for my system?

1 minute ago, dave909904 said:

If you have another hard drive with an OS on it, maybe even load Ubuntu on a flash drive, and try booting to it. And, if this fixes your issue, it is probably a PSU issue. And, if it isn't the PSU, well, if it ain't broken, why fix it?

I'm pretty sure you meant to say that if that doesn't fix his issue then PSU's the source of those crashes.

6 hours ago, Verrierr said:

I'm pretty sure you meant to say that if that doesn't fix his issue then PSU's the source of those crashes.

Try loading an OS onto another drive, and, if you don't have issue then, then it maybe your PSU.

Also, try updating your BIOS.

3 minutes ago, EpicGShot said:

If i have to get a new PSU, how many watts would be enough for my system?

500 W minimum.

Looks like my system draws about 388W. I'll probably go with like a 500w EVGA PSU. This PSU i have now, the fan is literally the loudest thing in the system, and even on idle it sounds like a jet taking off right next to me.... LOL

1 minute ago, dave909904 said:

Try loading an OS onto another drive, and, if you don't have issue then, then it maybe your PSU.

Also, try updating your BIOS.

If he uses another OS on that same rig and the problem persists then it's msot likely hardware so that would point towards faulty PSU as the source of the issue.

You should hear my system. I have 1 Corsair fan, and 4 super generic ones running on molex which is LOUD.

I'll probably end up ordering a new PSU here soon. Thank you everybody for helping!!

Just now, EpicGShot said:

Looks like my system draws about 388W. I'll probably go with like a 500w EVGA PSU. This PSU i have now, the fan is literally the loudest thing in the system, and even on idle it sounds like a jet taking off right next to me.... LOL

get one of these units

EVGA G2/GS

Seasonic 

XFX (any but XT)

Corsair AXi, RMi, RMx, HXi

these are tier 1 quality units

spending money on a PSU is very important

its literally thye heart of your system

if it fails, it takes everything with it

always remember:

Not just for corsair psus. every poor psu for a gaming rig

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

6 hours ago, EpicGShot said:

Don't worry mines worse. I have a 600w PSU that I don't even know the branding of. Its also fanless, and is being cooled by a 120mm fan held on by duct tape and a prayer.

20160824_194317.jpg