Need help with heatsink

zurare

Hey guys I could really use your help.
I've never really used this forum before but I have been watching linus on yt for the past couple years. 
I have a motherboard that I need a heatsink for. I really don't want any you should buy this or you shouldn't have gotten this or whatever, just need help. 

It's an ASUS A68HM-E FM2+ AMD motherboard that I am trying to use and already have but my previous FM2 motherboard's heatsink won't work on it. I checked online and saw some heatsinks that were "compatible" according to PCPartPicker and the fact that they were the correct socket size heatsink but I need a heatsink that fits so I can use this motherboard over my old one. I also have a Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 270 Windforce that is sitting in the PCIe slot in case you guys are thinking about clearance or whatever. 

If need be I can send you guys a pic of the motherboard incase you need a more in-depth picture of it. but thanks guys all help is really appreciated.
(LINK TO MOTHERBOARD)
Click here. or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132407

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

You can check out the old one that gave joy to so many across the land here

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Mathresolvermajig: Intel Xeon E3 1240 (Sandy Bridge i7 equivalent)

Chillinmachine: Noctua NH-C14S
Framepainting-inator: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2 Hybrid

Attachcorethingy: Gigabyte H61M-S2V-B3

Infoholdstick: Corsair 2x4GB DDR3 1333

Computerarmor: Silverstone RL06 "Lookalike"

Rememberdoogle: 1TB HDD + 120GB TR150 + 240 SSD Plus + 1TB MX500

AdditionalPylons: Phanteks AMP! 550W (based on Seasonic GX-550)

Letterpad: Rosewill Apollo 9100 (Cherry MX Red)

Buttonrodent: Razer Viper Mini + Huion H430P drawing Tablet

Auralnterface: Sennheiser HD 6xx

Liquidrectangles: LG 27UK850-W 4K HDR

2 hours ago, Energycore said:

Yeah I can afford these. But you're sure they'll fit coz the first one has like plastic push in plugs for the screws. The heatsink looked kind of long. 
Thanks,
zurare

Just now, zurare said:

Yeah I can afford these. But you're sure they'll fit? The heatsink looked kind of long. 
Thanks,
zurare

They will fit into the socket. As for whether they'll fit the rest of the motherboard, the best way to find out is by looking at pictures of them.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/5.html

As you can see, it's very thin toward the bottom, then stretches out in a big stack that should be able to go over other components of your motherboard.  Make sure your case is wide enough to fit it.

We have a NEW and GLORIOUSER-ER-ER PSU Tier List Now. (dammit @LukeSavenije stop coming up with new ones)

Computer having a hard time powering on? Troubleshoot it with this guide. (Currently looking for suggestions to update it into the context of <current year> and make it its own thread)

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Energycore said:

They will fit into the socket. As for whether they'll fit the rest of the motherboard, the best way to find out is by looking at pictures of them.

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/CRYORIG/H7_Universal/5.html

As you can see, it's very thin toward the bottom, then stretches out in a big stack that should be able to go over other components of your motherboard.  Make sure your case is wide enough to fit it.

Yeah I got an ATX Mid-Tower (corsair carbide 200r) so it should be able to fit it. Alright thanks man I'll see to ordering it soon :)

Just now, zurare said:

Yeah I got an ATX Mid-Tower (corsair carbide 200r) so it should be able to fit it. Alright thanks man I'll see to ordering it soon :)

Yes it'll fit the 200R

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

13 minutes ago, Energycore said:

Yes it'll fit the 200R

Hey um sorry to keep bothering you, but what about the first one you used? I see it's a bit cheaper.
 http://pcpartpicker.com/product/FNXfrH/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrht228pkr1

How would using it work? I'd be able to use the plastic plugs where the metal screws on the motherboard are, right? And I'd just screw into the spreader thingy that has the plastic plugs? Or what about the "clip mounter" thing that they say is an alternative way of mounting it? Would that work for my motherboard? 

15 minutes ago, zurare said:

Hey um sorry to keep bothering you, but what about the first one you used? I see it's a bit cheaper.
 http://pcpartpicker.com/product/FNXfrH/cooler-master-cpu-cooler-rrht228pkr1

How would using it work? I'd be able to use the plastic plugs where the metal screws on the motherboard are, right? And I'd just screw into the spreader thingy that has the plastic plugs? Or what about the "clip mounter" thing that they say is an alternative way of mounting it? Would that work for my motherboard? 

It's smaller and you should have a different mounting mechanism for AMD sockets.

But I recommend the H7, the other one was just in case you couldn't afford the H7

Computer Specs:

Spoiler

Did you try it already and see that your heatsink didn't fit? The mounting should be the same for both boards.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

On 8/24/2016 at 11:21 PM, Energycore said:

It's smaller and you should have a different mounting mechanism for AMD sockets.

But I recommend the H7, the other one was just in case you couldn't afford the H7

On 8/27/2016 at 1:34 AM, WoodenMarker said:

Did you try it already and see that your heatsink didn't fit? The mounting should be the same for both boards.

Sorry, been a little busy preparing to go back to school and such. It makes me want to die inside. Lol.

I went with the Deepcool Gammax 400 which is a big ass heatsink and due to airflow optimization and some nice fans my computer constantly blows out cool air with the components staying at a very low temperature. It didn't break the bank and works great but for a MicroATX board and may be for a MicroATX case, you probably will have clearance issues. Also the AMD "clip" thingy which I didn't have on my previous board is a pain in the ass and I was honestly concerned of crushing the CPU when trying to put it on. However it works great and it will fit a 6600K which I plan on picking up next year with a Hydro GTX 1080. I'm pretty sure that's what I'll end up buying as I'm not really a hardcore gamer but a poweruser who loves his FPS count xD. Anyway I'm going to stop my rambling and say thanks to the tremendous and very fast replies of both @WoodenMarker and @Energycore. I've never really been big into forums but I think that's now changed as my PC is more capable and I'll be getting more into PC gaming and back into Video/Image Editing/Creation. Again, thank you very much :) 

-zurare