Samsung Galaxy SII Not booting after overheating

Hi,

My Samsung Galaxy S2 decided to overheat in my pocket when in a lecture at uni. I did the common solution by removing the battery as fast as possible. But now it wont even turn on, whilst plugged into a charger.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.  

I don't remember much but wasn't there some battery reset thing, like removing battery, some button combo, charger in, battery in and turn on. Back when I had an Android device my battery was overcharged and I did something like that.

To boot the Galaxy S2 into recovery mode, first turn off the device. Then simply press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button and the Power button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until you have reached the recovery mode

or

if you can get any power turn it on, hold down the volume down button on the left hand side of the device. Keep holding this until you reach the initial lock screen and you should hopefully see the words “Safe Mode” in the bottom left of the screen.

hopefully 1 of those work if not its prob time for an upgrade

22 minutes ago, kalious78 said:

To boot the Galaxy S2 into recovery mode, first turn off the device. Then simply press and hold the Volume up button, the Home button and the Power button at the same time. Keep holding the buttons until you have reached the recovery mode

or

if you can get any power turn it on, hold down the volume down button on the left hand side of the device. Keep holding this until you reach the initial lock screen and you should hopefully see the words “Safe Mode” in the bottom left of the screen.

hopefully 1 of those work if not its prob time for an upgrade

Could it just the be battery, because it has a (5) symbol on it. Would this mean it life span?

1 hour ago, Strayan_Bass said:

Could it just the be battery, because it has a (5) symbol on it. Would this mean it life span?

could be anything's possible, as for having a (5) on it I got no idea ;)