is this good for $50 or no?

GreezyJeezy

If you know C++ sure, otherwise it's probably a waste on money. If you don't know C++ you'd probably find something better by doing lynda.com

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

1 minute ago, Deletive said:

If you know C++ sure, otherwise it's probably a waste on money. If you don't know C++ you'd probably find something better by doing lynda.com

im not sure what launage id need to learn, and lyinda is alot $20 a month, i know its becase you get acess to anything, but idk what i need to know in the first place 

6 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

im not sure what launage id need to learn

What languages do you already know or are you a complete beginner?

2 minutes ago, madknight3 said:

What languages do you already know or are you a complete beginner?

well i knew some python from last year, forgot most of it by now,

so beginner, i've made a 2d beat your score game in python, but like i said that was last year so,

and yes i know it will take months if not years before i can actually make the game i want xD 

75% off?

Lifetime access?

30-day money back guarantee?

I don't see why not..

FX-8350 | GA-990FXA-UD3 | G.SKILL 2x8GB 1600MHz | 1TB WD RE4 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI R9 290x Lightning | Corsair AX860i | Silverstone FT05B-W

Pentium G3258 | MSI Z97 PC Mate | G.SKILL 4x4GB 1066MHz | 500GB Samsung 2.5" | Stock cooler | Pending GPU | EVGA 500B | Antec DF-35

GoPro Hero 3 Silver | Netgear R7000 Nighthawk with DD-WRT | HP Officejet Pro 8610 | Canon iP110 | AudioTechnica ATR2500 USB

Downdraft cooler for mITX board (new build) | Desk mount mic stand | Pop filter | Anti-vibration mount for microphone | mITX case | 3rd monitor (matching existing 23.1" | Intel Core i7-4790K (for mITX build)

11 minutes ago, GreezyJeezy said:

im not sure what launage id need to learn, and lyinda is alot $20 a month, i know its becase you get acess to anything, but idk what i need to know in the first place 

You need to learn C++ if you want to go further in Unreal engine, you can get around without it for awhile but if you want to really customize without having to buy pre-made stuff you'll probably need C++ 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

1 hour ago, Deletive said:

You need to learn C++ if you want to go further in Unreal engine, you can get around without it for awhile but if you want to really customize without having to buy pre-made stuff you'll probably need C++ 

So C++ for anything? 

I just want to make a 3d game where you drive around in a car first person . That's the very basics of the game.

Is UE good for that?

3 hours ago, GreezyJeezy said:

well i knew some python from last year, forgot most of it by now,

so beginner, i've made a 2d beat your score game in python, but like i said that was last year so,

C++ and Unreal will be quite different than your previous experience. That's not a bad thing though, just take things slow and expect to be challenged.

The course you linked claims to be suitable for beginners and they don't require you to know any C++ before starting the course. It's also well reviewed and has a 30 day money back guarantee. Those are all pretty good signs but I haven't taken the course so I can't give a review.

I'm working through this course right now, been learning quite a bit, I started with knowing virtually nothing about c++ but otherwise had a background in programming.

The teacher does quite literally have you start from the beginning, the first section doesn't even have you going into Unreal so you're familiar with stock c++ and Visual Studio (he does have you use the UE4 coding standard though) before jumping into UE4. It certainly seems like he knows his content. Also, there is content being added so your value will only ever go up (they're working on a new section called "Testing Grounds" right now).

By contrast, the Lynda.com course for UE4 (unless it has been updated super recently) only gives you an overview of the engine and how Blueprints work on a basic level.

There are also courses for Unity, Unity Certification, and Blender made by the same team.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

4 hours ago, MblaZe7run said:

75% off?

Lifetime access?

30-day money back guarantee?

I don't see why not..

Exactly

It says it will teach C++ so try it and (at least for 30 days) work at it hard to see if you'll be able to catch on without a C background. If not, get a refund, if so it seems like a good deal

_/ V\
                  / /  /
                <<    |
                ,/    ]
              ,/      ]
            ,/        |
           /    \  \ /
          /      | | |
    ______|   __/_/| |
   /_______\______}\__}  

Spoiler

[i7-7700k@5Ghz | MSI Z270 M7 | 16GB 3000 GEIL EVOX | STRIX ROG 1060 OC 6G | EVGA G2 650W | ROSEWILL B2 SPIRIT | SANDISK 256GB M2 | 4x 1TB Seagate Barracudas RAID 10 ]

[i3-4360 | mini-itx potato | 4gb DDR3-1600 | 8tb wd red | 250gb seagate| Debian 9 ]

[Dell Inspiron 15 5567] 

My question is.. Why not old good fashioned youtube or plain tutorials to give you the basics you need to know? I don't understand why you would need to pay for something like this when there are free of charge options.. But that's probably just me I guess.

Your average Software Engineering student.

11 minutes ago, Primefoxer said:

My question is.. Why not old good fashioned youtube or plain tutorials to give you the basics you need to know? I don't understand why you would need to pay for something like this when there are free of charge options.. But that's probably just me I guess.

Usually when I see those they're of mixed quality, version target, and can target very specific use cases. At the very least with the paid option you know what you're getting and even have support.

But I don't think it's for everyone.

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

6 hours ago, Primefoxer said:

Well those are Shit most of the time. That's how I learned  python and it took forever. With bad explenation and just showing me how do stuff. Didn't tell me why or what anything ment.

A course is way better then some random guy on YouTube. 

And on YouTube the videos seem to be longer then they need to be. 

Also I'm not poor xD