PlayStation Now coming to PC

GoodBytes

If you really and desperately need to play PS3 games, pick up a used PS3. the cost of the ps4 controller and adapter will likely be close to the price of a used ps3 in any case. 

15 minutes ago, r3d3mpt10n said:

If you really and desperately need to play PS3 games, pick up a used PS3. the cost of the ps4 controller and adapter will likely be close to the price of a used ps3 in any case. 

Adapter is 25$.

Why not just buy an old PS3 for cheap and buy the fucking games. It's a lot better than paying $20 a month and never even get to keep the damn games. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 7820X Cooling: Corsair Hydro Series H110i GTX Mobo: MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon AC RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 (3000MHz/16GB 2x8) SSD: 2x Samsung 850 Evo (250/250GB) + Samsung 850 Pro (512GB) GPU: NVidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FE (W/ EVGA Hybrid Kit) Case: Corsair Graphite Series 760T (Black) PSU: SeaSonic Platinum Series (860W) Monitor: Acer Predator XB241YU (165Hz / G-Sync) Fan Controller: NZXT Sentry Mix 2 Case Fans: Intake - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Radiator - 2x Noctua NF-A14 iPPC-3000 PWM / Rear Exhaust - 1x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC-3000 PWM

Have you lads never heard of SCP server? It connects PS3 or PS4 controllers to the PC, by basically making them 360 controllers.

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

It's neat for some rare cases.

Also, always wanted entire GoW series on PC but only first one is, and GoW4 though.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I once connected a PS3 controller over a Bluetooth adapter by installing custom drivers for the Bluetooth adapter. This may have broken the Bluetooth adapter for anything else though but it worked for my PS3 controller so whatever.

I thought sony acquired gaikai, not onlive. The 1 controller per adapter is stupid. I doubt the controller is meant to work natively with pc games.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

6 hours ago, BroliviaWilde said:

no need for added latency of streaming games, just plug the disc into your old console like I will later today with my 360.

I haven't played that game in couple years, thanks for the reminder :)

Problem: I don't own the disk.

Or an xbox 360 controller

Or an xbox 360 HDD.

But I do own a zombie Xbox 360!

7 minutes ago, Scruffy90 said:

I thought sony acquired gaikai, not onlive. The 1 controller per adapter is stupid. I doubt the controller is meant to work natively with pc games.

Ah sorry. The patent for the technology got sold to Sony. That is what they bought. The company as a whole went bust pretty much due to miss management.

http://onlive.com/

7 hours ago, Dogeystyle said:

No official drivers. Motioninjoy was a pain the last time I used it.

have used this and has been relatively easy no hassle, only problem is that things show up with xbox buttons and promps in games.

New: PCPartPicker part list

Old:Intel® Core2 Quad CPU Q8400 @ 2.66GHz, GIGABYTE GA-EP43T-UD3L, 4 GB Elixir PC3 ddr3-1333,  ASUS RADEON R7 260X, Thermaltake M9, 1TB HDD, GreatWall GW550SEL 550 WATT, BENQ GW2255, Hyper T4, Samson SR950 Headphones, fiio ek10.

40 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Ah sorry. The patent for the technology got sold to Sony. That is what they bought. The company as a whole went bust pretty much due to miss management.

http://onlive.com/

I saw it happen first hand. A friend and i were testing onlive from alpha on wards and while it had potential, it was always a mess from a technical and business stand point. I wonder if the sofrware still works.

Windows 10 Edu | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | Ryzen 9 3950x | 4x 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB| ROG Strix GeForce® RTX 2080 SUPER™ Advanced edition | Samsung 980 PRO 500GB + Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB + 8TB Seagate Barracuda | EVGA Supernova 650 G2 | Alienware AW3418DW + LG 34uc87c + Dell u3419w | Asus Zephyrus G14

I would go into this for the 3 or 4 games I wanted to play but I don't have PS3 controller. I wonder if I could bypass it with my steam controller.

8 hours ago, zMeul said:

it's a fucking streaming service

and like every other game streaming service before it, it will fail - remember OnLive? many people don't know what that is and for good reason

even with STEAM Link that streams the game from the next room to your TV you will notice the input delay, how about when the datacenters are located tens of Km away from you?

Let's not forget the failure that was the Nvidia Shield (portable and TV) where even streaming games over your local network resulted in heavy compression (even with a top tier $150 router on their recommended list) and input lag. The idea is great, but in practice, we are just not there yet. I could have just had a bad experience with my Nvidia Shield Portable, but I know a lot of other people that did as well. With this being an online only streaming service, your network requirements are going to be crucial, and even then, you are paying $20 a month mostly to play exclusives. Be honest, who will buy this service to play games already available on PC at lower quality settings? 

For $20 a month, one could just buy a used console and rent the games cheaper. Would have more of an upfront cost, but would save them money in the long run, and end up being a more enjoyable experience. 

My (incomplete) memory overclocking guide: 

Does memory speed impact gaming performance? Click here to find out!

On 1/2/2017 at 9:32 PM, MageTank said:

Sometimes, we all need a little inspiration.

9 hours ago, That Norwegian Guy said:

I'd play Journey and The Last of Us then uninstall, but not if I can't use the kontroller I already have.

9 hours ago, goodtofufriday said:

I'm on board for the adapter if I can use it in steam. 

9 hours ago, r3d3mpt10n said:

also, 1 adapter per controller is just rediculous. the Xbone adapter supports multiple controllers

8 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

I think you can plug the controller via wire to the PC, but I don't know how you'll get the drivers... all I can think is that it will work with some PlayStation Now software (and probably be the case with the adapter too). * Snip * Buy as r3d3mpt10n said, the game will need to be designed for it, which probably won't and assume the XBox 360/One controller layout, So it will be "Press X to do this", but it is really the Square button to press.

8 hours ago, r3d3mpt10n said:

All you have to do is download a program like InputMapper. It connects PS4 controllers with bluetooth no problem after you pair to PC. It emulates a X360 so it works just like that in Windows. It even lets you remap buttons and create macros. Pair up to 4 I think for free, it's actually pretty amazing. You only have to pair to the computer 1 time and then it works until you pair to another computer. Only downside is the audio jack doesn't work on the controller, and the buttons will be X vs A (but that would happen even with adapter).

I'm very surprised more people don't know about this

7 hours ago, Ramamataz said:

Have you lads never heard of SCP server? It connects PS3 or PS4 controllers to the PC, by basically making them 360 controllers.

6 minutes ago, bobhays said:

All you have to do is download a program like InputMapper. It connects PS4 controllers with bluetooth

Problem is I do not have nor will I ever have a PS4 controller.

I'm talking about having my existing controller work with this. If it doesn't, I'm not interested.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

11 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

would prefer an emulator on both the PC and PS4 than game streaming

B-b-but the cloud! 

Agreed. Service is stupid. Will only work for people close to the data centers with a great Fibre line. Obsolete tech is obsolete. 

- snip-

I will just keep my PS3 and PS4 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Niche, but cool I guess.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

3 hours ago, MrDynamicMan said:

B-b-but the cloud! 

Agreed. Service is stupid. Will only work for people close to the data centers with a great Fibre line. Obsolete tech is obsolete. 

doubt it will work flwlessly evern for them when even local streaming just sucks: it sucks on nvidia gamestream, sucks on steam in-home streaming and just to add salt to the injury: it sucked even when i tried it from a VM client to the host on the same rig, still had artefact compression (but at least this time almost no input lag)

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

5 hours ago, bobhays said:

All you have to do is download a program like InputMapper. It connects PS4 controllers with bluetooth no problem after you pair to PC. It emulates a X360 so it works just like that in Windows. It even lets you remap buttons and create macros. Pair up to 4 I think for free, it's actually pretty amazing. You only have to pair to the computer 1 time and then it works until you pair to another computer. Only downside is the audio jack doesn't work on the controller, and the buttons will be X vs A (but that would happen even with adapter).

I'm very surprised more people don't know about this

I know about and use it. But i always prefer to have 1st party tools when possible. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

So, do you have to have a PS3/4 for this to work?  Or is it going to act like Steam?

1 minute ago, CyDone said:

So, do you have to have a PS3/4 for this to work?  Or is it going to act like Steam?

Neither. It works like Netflix.

Just now, GoodBytes said:

Neither. It works like Netflix.

But you have to have their controller, right?

14 minutes ago, CyDone said:

But you have to have their controller, right?

It is unclear, but probably yes. I mean the game will go "Press square to do this", so if you have a different layout, you need to memories where everything is in perspective from the PS4 controller. So even if it did work with other controller, you are kinda pushed to get the PS4 controller + the adapter.