My phone is heating up after inserting battery.

My Xiaomi redmi 2 constantly is heating up within 5 seconds of inserting the battery. It gets super hot, probably to its maximum. My phone wont boot either. If I hold down the power button then the phone vibrates once like usual, but it does not boot. No display on screen, its black, not even powered on I guess. I tried another battery and it is the same issue. I put the supposed faulty battery in another phone and that phone booted, so the battery can't be the problem. To get the phone to heat up I dont even really have to press and hold down any button, it automatically starts heating up like wild when I insert the battery.

This problem started after say 5-7hrs of updating the phone. There was a very small update from Xiaomi which was supposed to fix the calendar app and few other small things. Ever since that day my phone is not working. It is out of warranty, can someone help/ guide me?

Could be the EEPROM (flash memory) that has gone up the ghost, which stores important information (ex: bootup sequence, device configuration data) and the phone is probably trying to push its hardest to allow it to turn on and sequentially allow the user to interact with the device, but since theres nothing to allow for bootup, the phone is literally bricked. Its just a possibility i tought of and probably isnt the most accurate unless youve tampared with the device from its innards. Being out of warranty, perhaps try to go to a local and reliable smartphone help shop? I would say if possible that you checked JerryRigEverything as his videos are of excellent quality and can be followed well with some experienced. Sorry if i wasnt helpful.

IFixit has a guide on how to remove some components like the motherboard if you wanna do it yourself (if somehow software isnt the sole problem): 

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xiaomi+Redmi+2+Motherboard+Replacement/52244

Groomlake Authority

Thanks for you reply. No, I have never tampered with the phone. But I have dropped it out of my hand many times over a years time. However, due to the falls, the phone did not stop functioning immediately. So the falls maybe didnt show any damage in the short term? Its a cheap phone. The first phone I ever bought with my own money. I was wondering, is a flasgship phone better when it comes to being more durable and lasting longer? I have always bought budget phones. So I do not know.

5 hours ago, G9XFTW said:

Thanks for you reply. No, I have never tampered with the phone. But I have dropped it out of my hand many times over a years time. However, due to the falls, the phone did not stop functioning immediately. So the falls maybe didnt show any damage in the short term? Its a cheap phone. The first phone I ever bought with my own money. I was wondering, is a flasgship phone better when it comes to being more durable and lasting longer? I have always bought budget phones. So I do not know.

Not necessarily. The iPhone 6 and 6 plus are both famous for bending as well as their touch IC solder balls breaking (it didn't have underflow). Just choose a phone with good reviews and you should be good.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

10 hours ago, G9XFTW said:

This is the reason I use a case. A decent case can make the phone a little more rugged. I would say most phones are the same as far as drops are concerned. Some just have better glass so it wont shatter as easily. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 8/23/2016 at 10:14 PM, VerticalDiscussions said:

Could be the EEPROM (flash memory) that has gone up the ghost, which stores important information (ex: bootup sequence, device configuration data) and the phone is probably trying to push its hardest to allow it to turn on and sequentially allow the user to interact with the device, but since theres nothing to allow for bootup, the phone is literally bricked. Its just a possibility i tought of and probably isnt the most accurate unless youve tampared with the device from its innards. Being out of warranty, perhaps try to go to a local and reliable smartphone help shop? I would say if possible that you checked JerryRigEverything as his videos are of excellent quality and can be followed well with some experienced. Sorry if i wasnt helpful.

IFixit has a guide on how to remove some components like the motherboard if you wanna do it yourself (if somehow software isnt the sole problem): 

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Xiaomi+Redmi+2+Motherboard+Replacement/52244

I went to a local repair shop. I first described the problem. He immediately said it is an issue on the motherboard. He didn't even try anything on the phone, he simply said he could not fix it. I guess he was so assertive with experience. This Xiaomi brand is a pain at the moment for me, because although I bought the phone knowing there is a service center nearby, its no more there. Maybe moved or shut down. The nearest one is more than 40km away I guess. Then too, the repair cost will be pretty big, probably half the cost of the phone or more. Almost doesn't seem worth repairing it now. Might get something new. It almost seems as if phone makers make phones so they last just a little over a year, so that you buy a new one again, soon. Reminds me of Razer products. Lol.

12 hours ago, G9XFTW said:

-snip-

Well, if you really believe its not worth repairing or ever going back to Xiaomi, which apparently you shouldnt based on customer experiences and reviewers, perhaps its a good time to try what a true android device feels like. Nexus 5X :p? The price difference may be a little big, but its much better and totally worth it, based on durability tests and day to day performance. A new phone is pretty much your only option and if you want to get a cheaper alternative to other devices perhaps you should look at other chinese brands like ZTE or the OnePlus3/Alcatel Idol 4S for under 400$. Most phone manufacturers dont expect you to keep the device for more than two years, due to battery cells natural power retainment loss and now not even devices like the Note from Samsung and the expected LG V20 have such based on recent rumours. 2016 is probably the rip for removable batteries, since i read Google project ARA doesnt allow you remove it either.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0178GE900/ref=twister_B017Y32JSQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Groomlake Authority