Speakers Suggestions? (Evolved) $200-$300 , 2.0 , looks and performance!

Skullbunny

Hey!

Can I even FIT a SOUNDCARD in This THING? D:

So I own the Z97S Krait by MSI.

I plan on having 2 GPUs eventually, but , I also want a soundcard - but I'm not sure what am I supposed to do because it seems like the PCI-E slot for the Soundcard is supposed to fit inbetween the GPUs - but I don't think that its ACTUALLY going to fit! i think its going to be too tight! and also - noisey! heh.

So , Here's a picture of my motherboard; 

600.png

Is there any GOOD quality internal soundcards that can fit in the PCI? instead of the PCI-E? 

Is there anything else I should know ? D:

(I'm aware of external soundcards solution , but i'd rather avoid cables so for now I'm trying to focus on internal)

(its supposed to host my Fidelio X2s and my future-to-be Edifier R2000DB. Neither are hard to drive - I just want cleaner results O.O)

Thanks!

First of all.. do you NEED a soundcard?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If it has on board audio a soundcard (unless u have expensive one $150+) wont make any diffene to your sound quality. It will just sound different from on-board audio (more or less trebble/bass).

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Don't go with soundcards... You're better off with an external AMP/DAC Combo for the price

1 minute ago, ShadowCaptain said:

First of all.. do you NEED a soundcard?

Just updated my original post - what stuff I'm gonna use >.>...and why D: , idk I figured if I'm investing in new speakers I may aswell grab a sound card... cuz why not...

I know those speakers have Internal AMPS so...yeah , but still! :D

1 minute ago, Thony said:

If it has on noars audio a soundcard (unless u have expensive one $150+) wont make any diffene to your sound quality. It will jous sound different from on-board audio.

isn't there a $100-$200 solution to make my stuff a bit nicer?  :U

1 minute ago, EpicnessRo29 said:

Don't go with soundcards... You're better off with an external AMP/DAC Combo for the price

I'm aware of the solution - but I don't want external. Wrote it down.

Just now, Skullbunny said:

Just updated my original post - what stuff I'm gonna use >.>...and why D: , idk I figured if I'm investing in new speakers I may aswell grab a sound card... cuz why not...

It wouldnt necessarily make anything better, the MSI Z series have really amazing on board sound processing that can even drive pretty demanding high impedance audiophile grade gear

probably a waste of $200 unless you need it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

1 minute ago, Skullbunny said:

Yes, buy quality headphones/speakers. Soundcard is the last thing u want to invest in.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Just now, ShadowCaptain said:

It wouldnt necessarily make anything better, the MSI Z series have really amazing on board sound processing that can even drive pretty demanding high impedance audiophile grade gear

probably a waste of $200 unless you need it

well my machine is quiet as of now...will get quieter next week when I replace this busted GPU...

Welp. 

Guess you helped me here too x3<3 

if we're already on topic - do you have any suggestions for NICE speakers or somethign to shout audio at me? 

I'm looking for something that'll look good and sound great. Now , while am not an Audiophile so I doubt i'll be able to tell the difference between "GOOD" to "MEH" or "BAD" - But I'd still like to be WOWed :U 

So , Looks and quality. 

Any suggestions ? D: 

4 minutes ago, Skullbunny said:

Any suggestions ? D: 

I use Harmon Kardon soundsticks, because they were designed by Jony Ive and sounds pretty awesome for the cost

but im sure somebody can advise you better

I use Harmon Kardon soundsticks, because they were designed by Jony Ive and sounds pretty awesome for the cost

but im sure somebody can advise you better

Not fond of the style D: , and rather a 2.0 D: 

Thanks tho :D<3!

a pcie riser cable is what you need

EDIT: the very top slot will work, if you don't have a backplate or something.

2.0? hmm I always like to have a nice sub :D

2.0? hmm I always like to have a nice sub :D

Got tired of having a sub. I have nowhere to put it and its always in my way D: 

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

a pcie riser cable is what you need

Yeah I gave up on Soundcards xD , thanks tho :D! 

Got any good lookin' 2.0 speaker suggestions ? c: 

5 minutes ago, Skullbunny said:

Got tired of having a sub. I have nowhere to put it and its always in my way D: 

Yeah I gave up on Soundcards xD , thanks tho :D! 

Got any good lookin' 2.0 speaker suggestions ? c: 

Bose companions?

Rokit RP5s

Edifier R1700BT

hmm not sure what else

2 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

Bose companions?

Rokit RP5s

Edifier R1700BT

hmm not sure what else

Well , 

Bose ones - too small and unattractive.

Rokit - Too yellow D:

Edifier - am already pretty set on the R2000DB - not sure why i'll take that model if its older and doesn't fit my color scheme! (black :u , original , huh?)

dude get the JBL LSR 305, they are really really good (if you can ofc)

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.

48 minutes ago, Dackzy said:

dude get the JBL LSR 305, they are really really good (if you can ofc)

Sadly - ish too complex for my needs :D 

Thank you tho! Looking for something more simple. rather not monitors ~.~

Let this be a warning to those participating in this thread, or any other: If you are unable or unwilling to assist the OP with their question, do not bother responding. If all you want to do is post to ridicule them or insult them, don't bother.

• "Don't be a dick" - Wil Wheaton.
  • "Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted.

If any more insults are thrown around, this thread will be locked.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

Looks like some joker deleted my post so let me restate:

The Edifier R2000DB is a monitor speaker. If you find monitors "too complex", that isn't going to work any better than the JBL. In fact, going with a powered monitor is probably going to be a lot simpler for you than passives.

It would probably help if you can give people an idea of what you're looking for, since you have rejected all the suggestions so far. I really don't see how passive speakers are going to be any less "complex" than monitors/powered speakers.

14 minutes ago, SSL said:

Looks like some joker deleted my post so let me restate:

The Edifier R2000DB is a monitor speaker. If you find monitors "too complex", that isn't going to work any better than the JBL. In fact, going with a powered monitor is probably going to be a lot simpler for you than passives.

It would probably help if you can give people an idea of what you're looking for, since you have rejected all the suggestions so far. I really don't see how passive speakers are going to be any less "complex" than monitors/powered speakers.

I guess the JBL's looks more complex and unfriendly, but they really are not, you just plug them in and thats it...

They might look more confusing with all their inputs? IDK, pretty simple to me.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

1 hour ago, spwath said:

I guess the JBL's looks more complex and unfriendly, but they really are not, you just plug them in and thats it...

They might look more confusing with all their inputs? IDK, pretty simple to me.

I think it is all the ports, my friend had the same reaction when he saw them and I got him to buy them anyways and he says that it was really simple when he had them in front of him and he now loves them.

Before you buy amp and dac.  My thoughts on the M50x  Ultimate Ears Reference monitor review I might have a thing for audio...

My main Headphones and IEMs:  K612 pro, HD 25 and Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor, HD 580 with HD 600 grills

DAC and AMP: RME ADI 2 DAC

Speakers: Genelec 8040, System Audio SA205

Receiver: Denon AVR-1612

Desktop: R7 1700, GTX 1080  RX 580 8GB and other stuff

Laptop: ThinkPad P50: i7 6820HQ, M2000M. ThinkPad T420s: i7 2640M, NVS 4200M

Feel free to pm me if you have a question for me or quote me. If you want to hear what I have to say about something just tag me.