North Korea launches its own streaming service "Manbang"

NumLock21

I thought like 2 people in North Korea had internet access. 

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

that is nice for the what 100 people in north Korea that have internet.

48 minutes ago, VerticalDiscussions said:

Yeah i knew that someone would bring the ethical part. Well, you see, on our current times i highly doubt ethics are even integrated in modern civilizations (humans care for themselves and they dont really care for the rest, speak for over 40% of the population where i live) as much as they are in North Korea. If anything, theyr plots of fear and vengeance on the world are only being backed up by theyr citizens, because they do so as they have for decades. I dont see this being a complex situation at all and i didnt mention nuclear bombs in anyway. Just like they do with terrorists, bombard that place with missiles (they have such old defenses) and be done with it. And theyr government was changed?

Well, rooting out dissent is the first thing a dictatorship does and North Korea have been extremely effective in doing that because of the circumstances surrounding. If the punishment was merely execution I bet that there would be riots but the fact that the entire family and anyone related to them are punished is an effective way of quelling any rebellion. No one wants their entire family to suffer for their own actions. That and the fact that the borders are closed up so tightly means that there is no escape for anyone (a few manage it anyway) making it harder to get ressources, to escape if something goes wrong, to get your family to safety. In a way, you could say it would be like having prisoners take over a prison. It might be possible if everyone cooperated and could manage to get ahold of the ressources they need but given the circumstances, it's almost impossible.

You say yourself that North Korea is no threat and would easily be wiped out, so why go out of your way to destroy a population because of saber rattling? China wouldn't allow it anyway. It could easily spark a war - and not just a small one. It's within their sphere of influence and are in many ways a vassal of China, so it would have to be China doing it (and NK is not a big enough nuisance yet) but that wouldn't sit well with South Korea and by extension the US and NATO. So that's an impasse. The UN wouldn't be able to come to an agreement if the question of North Korea was posed there. So no solution is possible without conflict and you can't just kill people as much as some (including you) seem to think it's fine. The fact that conflict still exists today is baffling to me but humans gonna human. It's quite sad actually; that we haven't evolved further given the ressources (including knowledge) available to us. We should have been past war and violence by now but nope. Still stuck in the stone age in that regard. And it will probably be the same in a thousand years. But I'll reiterate: you'll just be creating more problems by bombing people. Haven't we learned that by now given recent conflicts?

10 hours ago, RagnarokDel said:

What would be the point of "proper DNS" if they cant even have electricity to power a fridge or heat an apartment?

What is the point of a streaming service if they can't even have electricity?

-KuJoe

Now you can stream the glorious leader from your own home :o!!! Try manbang today!!!!!

Offer limited to loyal citizens of the true Korea, enemies of the state need not apply making fun of the name will result in your family being violated and decapitated other restrictions apply

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

2 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Now you can stream the glorious leader from your own home :o!!! Try manbang today!!!!!

Offer limited to loyal citizens of the true Korea, enemies of the state need not apply making fun of the name will result in your family being violated and decapitated other restrictions apply

Lmfao! Wonder what the other restrictions are haha. xD

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

18 hours ago, Trixanity said:

-snip-

Know one thing i noticed about the Stone Age? I saw a documentary that mentioned the Stonehenge people were a community, they respected each other and had feasts together for theyr own sake after the hard work and miles they had to travel from Scotland or Whales quary to Amesbury, with either gigantic blue stones or grazing animals. Then the Beak people came, with the bronze being a luxury item and suddenly the friendly community that buried its brothers and sisters in equal (63 graves of cremated elites of this community, but bonded by the stone in a ring of discipline) were disrupted by the temptation of quality. The bronze age begin and so did the "singularity" of humanity age. Perhaps it would be better if we returned to the Stone Age (social interaction wise). The rest, i know your right. Besides, North Korean forests are filled with Tigers and venomous animals/traps. Even if 10,000 people attempted to getaway, probably only 100-200 or even less would survive given the circumstances...

Groomlake Authority

Manbang and chill anyone?

CPU - Ryzen Threadripper 2950X | Motherboard - X399 GAMING PRO CARBON AC | RAM - G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 14-13-13-21 | GPU - Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition | Case - Inwin 909 (Silver) | Storage - Samsung 950 Pro 500GB, Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Samsung 840 Evo 500GB, HGST DeskStar 6TB, WD Black 2TB | PSU - Corsair AX1600i | Display - DELL ULTRASHARP U3415W |