What would be a nice secondary/third monitor to go with my current one?

Xiauj

Hello all :) So at the moment, I'm thinking about changing my monitor setup (And perhaps my PC but as a upgrade instead of a new rig, I'll explain later on) and I have a couple of concerns to ask and/or get-recommendations for. I currently am using 2x monitors mounted on the wall and I have a different monitor which I tend to use for my secondary PC using one HDMI port and then I have about 3-4 different consoles using the other HDMI port leaving only the DisplayPort port available. That monitor I'm using for the secondary PC and consoles by the way is called the Samsung U28D590D, I've linked a couple of pages so you can see the specifications:

So what I'm thinking about doing, is something along the lines of this, but I want to make sure it works first which is where I need your guys' feedback/recommendations :P

Spoiler

Use the Samsung U28D590D Model as the middle monitor then get 2x [SmallerSizedMonitor_Recommendation] to go on the left and right side.

However, these are the things I'm a bit concerned about:

• I don't know what monitor to use for the left and right side, would prefer it to have a very similar picture-quality so that it matches across the 3 monitors. Would also prefer a DisplayPort connection.
  • As mentioned, I want to try and upgrade my PC but it's not just the GPU that I'd be wanting to change.
    • My current specs are: An AMD FX 8350 CPU sitting on an Asus M5A78L mATX AM3+ motherboard with 16GB of RAM (I dunno the company name, who made it as silly as that sounds..) and my GTX 650 TI as the GPU.
    • I'd want to change the GPU, the case, power supply, the CPU Cooler (To a AIR Cooler, no... I will not be doing liquid) and maaaybe the RAM although I'm not sure if I can change RAM or not. Would a GPU such as the RX 480 or even GTX 1070 suffice for 1080p settings at least with my CPU? Like is it actually possible? or even 1440p?! That's what resolution(s) I would want to try and play my games at. For those wondering what type(s) of games I hope to be playing, please read the spoiler below:

Spoiler

GTA V

Battlefield 4

Story based games

Certain MMORPG games

Simulator based games

Arma III

A LOT MORE! (Mostly Steam/Origin games)

So yeah, would that PC Upgrade work, if YES.... which GPU can work with my CPU? and what monitors would you perhaps recommend for the left and right side?

Oh and when you recommend a GPU, please make sure it has 3x DisplayPort ports.... please. Part of me is thinking about this GPU: LINK <- Click the word to visit the link itself.

Will it struggle though? or will it at least play 1080p and 1440p..?

Thanks

~Xiauj 

Hey I'm Xiauj ^_^ Wassup :3

Errr..... also why is the text strike-through'd? I just made this topic and I don't know why it's doing that... o.O 

Mods? Staff? Anybody?

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

Errr..... also why is the text strike-through'd? I just made this topic and I don't know why it's doing that... o.O 

Mods? Staff? Anybody?

Highlight all the text and in the toolbar/text formatting bar, you see the S with a line across it? Click on it and the strikethrough lines should be gone :D

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

Just now, Mr.Meerkat said:

Highlight all the text and in the toolbar/text formatting bar, you see the S with a line across it? Click on it and the strikethrough lines should be gone :D

It's not enabled/turned-on, it should have no strike through but, it does (somehow) o.O

5 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

HE sure is kidding no mate?

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Just now, DeezNoNos said:

Hmm? What do you mean?

Strikethrough is not turned on, I just checked.

The best secondary monitor would be the exact same model as you are running know  

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

1 minute ago, Xiauj said:

It's not enabled/turned-on, it should have no strike through but, it does (somehow) o.O

Copy and paste the text then with the prompt, remove the formatting like this?

Spoiler

However, these are the things I'm a bit concerned about:

I don't know what monitor to use for the left and right side, would prefer it to have a very similar picture-quality so that it matches across the 3 monitors. Would also prefer a DisplayPort connection.

As mentioned, I want to try and upgrade my PC but it's not just the GPU that I'd be wanting to change.

My current specs are: An AMD FX 8350 CPU sitting on an Asus M5A78L mATX AM3+ motherboard with 16GB of RAM (I dunno the company name, who made it as silly as that sounds..) and my GTX 650 TI as the GPU.

I'd want to change the GPU, the case, power supply, the CPU Cooler (To a AIR Cooler, no... I will not be doing liquid) and maaaybe the RAM although I'm not sure if I can change RAM or not. Would a GPU such as the RX 480 or even GTX 1070 suffice for 1080p settings at least with my CPU? Like is it actually possible? or even 1440p?! That's what resolution(s) I would want to try and play my games at. For those wondering what type(s) of games I hope to be playing, please read the spoiler below:

Reveal hidden contents

So yeah, would that PC Upgrade work, if YES.... which GPU can work with my CPU? and what monitors would you perhaps recommend for the left and right side?

Oh and when you recommend a GPU, please make sure it has 3x DisplayPort ports.... please. Part of me is thinking about this GPU: LINK <- Click the word to visit the link itself.

Will it struggle though? or will it at least play 1080p and 1440p..?

Thanks

~Xiauj 

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

??

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

5 hours ago, Xiauj said:

Hmm? What do you mean?

Strikethrough is not turned on, I just checked.

Ooooh wait, no joke..... ok my bad:/

Try closing your brower. Restart-_-

Build

Spoiler

The best secondary monitor would be the exact same model as you are running know  

They're no longer available, they've been discontinued.

Besides, 3x 27" would not fit on my desk.

2 minutes ago, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

get another  Samsung U28D590D ?

No longer available, as mentioned, 3x 27" would be too big for my desk.

5 hours ago, Xiauj said:

They're no longer available, they've been discontinued.

Besides, 3x 27" would not fit on my desk.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/xVcMnQ/dell-monitor-p2416d

Build

Spoiler

Just now, Xiauj said:

No longer available, as mentioned, 3x 27" would be too big for my desk.

then get the 24" version?

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

Oooh nice!

I see that one is IPS, will I see a major difference between that and my UHD Display (The U28D590D)..?

Just wanna try and get them pretty close to each other in terms of picture-quality.

Just now, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

then get the 24" version?

There's a 24" version? O_O Wait what? I never knew they did mine in 24".

Do you have a link perhaps? :P

5 hours ago, Xiauj said:

Oooh nice!

I see that one is IPS, will I see a major difference between that and my UHD Display (The U28D590D)..?

Just wanna try and get them pretty close to each other in terms of picture-quality.

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/vsX2FT/samsung-monitor-u24e590d

and drumrooooooolllllllll, its in STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Build

Spoiler

5 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Oooh nice!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00WUACDIU/?tag=pcp0f-21

Insert   Dank   Signature   Here.

On 8/22/2016 at 2:21 PM, DeezNoNos said:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/vsX2FT/samsung-monitor-u24e590d

and drumrooooooolllllllll, its in STOCK!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha that makes a change for once xD Wherever and Whenever I go somewhere locally, "OUT OF STOCK - PLS CHECK BACK TOMORROW" lol, always happens to me.

On 8/22/2016 at 2:23 PM, TheAmazingCookieFromSquare said:

Hey, sorry for the late reply and thank you guys for the links, I appreciate it :)

What should I do about the GPU do you guys think? My options are:

GTX 1070 / GTX 1060 / RX 480 / RX 470 / AnyOtherGPU-Recommendation

As mentioned, the GPU/Case/PSU/CPU-Cooler/RAM will be changed and not just the GPU.

EDIT: I do have a mostly full list of current specs if you want to see the rest.

Edited by Xiauj

47 minutes ago, Xiauj said:

Haha that makes a change for once xD Wherever and Whenever I go somewhere locally, "OUT OF STOCK - PLS CHECK BACK TOMORROW" lol, always happens to me.

Hey, sorry for the late reply and thank you guys for the links, I appreciate it :)

As mentioned, the GPU/Case/PSU/CPU-Cooler/RAM will be changed and not just the GPU.

EDIT: I do have a mostly full list of current specs if you want to see the rest.

LOL, where ever i go, it is either not available (like not in my country) or just more expensive. A 1070 is for 680$ here:/

If you are gonna upgrade the cpu later (maybe even if you dont upgrade), i would say gtx 1070 as you have a 4k monitor(but then as you have gtx 650ti with 4k i dont think u game much), 

Build

Spoiler

5 hours ago, Xiauj said:

Well...  Always get the best you can afford...  In general.  So the 1070 has my vote.