What do you use to play Blu-Ray discs? PC? Console?

Saiyan

How do you play Blu-Ray discs ?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. If you have a PC do you have a Blu-Ray drive in your system or do you use something like an external reader or console?

• Blu-Ray drive for PC
    • Console
    • External reader

Using a Blu-Ray drive mounted in your PC or through external means?

PCPartPicker: z97 Gaming 5 | 750w Photon | 850 Series 250gb SSD | Phanteks Enthoo Pro | LG25um56-P | Corsair K70 RGB | Asus Strix 970 4gb | WD Blue 1TB | Logitech G502 | i7-4790k | H100i GTX w/ (Noctua NF-F12's) | HyperX Fury Black 1x8gb 1866 | NZXT Hue+ |  ATR2500 | ATH-M50x |

Using either a Bluray reader, or my Phat PS3.

Just now, Comic_Sans_MS said:

My PS3 exists for one reason (other than the console I bought just to play GTA V)

lol i guess that did boost the sales lol

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

1 minute ago, DeezNoNos said:

lol i guess that did boost the sales lol

The PS1 was a good CD player and people buy used PS1's just to use as CD players.

The PS2 was a DVD player that costed less than a DVD player,

The PS3 was a Bluray player with an added bonus of being able to play GTA V,

The PS4 was just a console.

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

The PS1 was a good CD player and people buy used PS1's just to use as CD players.

The PS2 was a DVD player that costed less than a DVD player,

The PS3 was a Bluray player with an added bonus of being able to play GTA V,

Was? lol

Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

3 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

Its a good media centre for amazon prime, netflix, blu rays and ps4 exclusives 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I actually use and have a bluray player. 

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

i use a bluray drive , but  use it for preview alone, most  of the time i rip the movie over to the hard drive for ease of access & keep the bluray in the case it came in as it is

Details separate people.

I stopped buying physical media. It's just a headache IMO. Scratch the disc, welp youre screwed. 

I use an Roku stick because I'm lazy and would like to lay in bed while watching the movie. If it's not on Prime Video, HBO GO, Shotime GO, or Netflix. I guess I don't get to watch it.

2 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

My PS3 exists for one reason (other than the console I bought just to play GTA V)

Ps3? What's that? Is that something new?

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

5 hours ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

get out of ur 69ing rainbow and plz have a look at e3. It is good to know what the consoles peasents have. That means the low end of pc gaming just got better. :)

Build

Spoiler

1 hour ago, TheBestUserName said:

Some one has to be a careless twat to scratch a Blu-ray Disc.  They're not like DVDs. 

I guess you've never dropped nothing.

I really dont care about Blu ray. I gave up on physical media years ago. Its nothing but a hassle. Gotta have a specific player for something that sits alot. Just see it in thd movies, watch it on demand, and maybe if you REALLY like it buy the disc. 

Plus when kids are at your house shit happens. They can be told not to do something all day and still do it. 

I stated my opinion and you said I was a twat. Just stfu and remember the community rules, ass.

I have a BluRay drive in my PC for ripping blurays, and 3D monitors for..3D movies.

1 hour ago, DeezNoNos said:

get out of ur 69ing rainbow and plz have a look at e3. It is good to know what the consoles peasents have. That means the low end of pc gaming just got better. :)

Sorry not familiar with stuff from the middle ages.

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

1 hour ago, Katsunaka said:

I guess you've never dropped nothing.

I really dont care about Blu ray. I gave up on physical media years ago. Its nothing but a hassle. Gotta have a specific player for something that sits alot. Just see it in thd movies, watch it on demand, and maybe if you REALLY like it buy the disc. 

Plus when kids are at your house shit happens. They can be told not to do something all day and still do it. 

I stated my opinion and you said I was a twat. Just stfu and remember the community rules, ass.

You sure got defensive real quick!  

You didn't say you have scratched discs.  You commented on the possibility.  I didn't say you scratched discs. I commented on the extra durability that some one would have to abuse in order to damage bluray.  If you took that personally, then the imperfection is yours. 

I happen to like physical media.  It's more satisfying, to me, to have it in a collection of games, movies, music, etc.  

Kids? I've got a kid. His opinion is the same as mine, so he takes care of our/his stuff, too. 

If I ever watch a blu ray (which is like never) I use my PS3.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The only Blu-ray drive in the house is in my PC - I use it to rip the discs to MKV which then get stored on my unRAID server and I use Plex (media server on the unRAID box, player on Raspberry Pis or Chromecast) to play.

I've got my dad's old blu-ray player and I just swap the input on my monitor when I want to use it.

11 hours ago, 69ing Rainbow Dash said:

Playing bluray disks.

Ps3 phats in my theatre,game and master bedroom.

Bluray player in the living room.

We remodeled our theater and upgraded to a 4k projector and 7.1.4 surround so started buying UHD Blu-rays, currently have two Samsung K8500 4k players and am considering getting a Xbone S.