DAN Cases A4-SFX

awww so cute 
c:

Ryzen 5 3600 stock | 2x16GB C13 3200MHz (AFR) | GTX 760 (Sold the VII)| ASUS Prime X570-P | 6TB WD Gold (128MB Cache, 2017)

Samsung 850 EVO 240 GB 

138 is a good number.

Am I right in saying there are no dust filters on any of those large grills? That seems like a big of a strange decision, anything in there would get crazy dusty fast. I was surprised how much dust my CPU cooler and GPU could suck in through a single 120mm unfiltered slot on the side of my case.

53 minutes ago, gonvres said:

Am I right in saying there are no dust filters on any of those large grills? That seems like a big of a strange decision, anything in there would get crazy dusty fast. I was surprised how much dust my CPU cooler and GPU could suck in through a single 120mm unfiltered slot on the side of my case.

I think their reasoning on that is "things in here are pretty cramped, we don't need any more hindrance to airflow than what we've already got."

R7 7700 | RTX 4060 8GB | 32GB DDR5 | 2TB NVME

i7-4790S | RTX A2000 6GB | 16GB DDR3 | 1TB SSD+HDD

1 minute ago, Seralious said:

I think their reasoning on that is "things in here are pretty cramped, we don't need any more hindrance to airflow than what we've already got."

Yep, very true. That system would be discussing very quickly. The powersupplys especially need a filter because there isn't really any way to clean them. I was running an Air 540 which didn't have a PSU dust filter and the inside of the PSU got choked up pretty fast. I blew some canned air in there, its still going but its filthy. Never again.

As I asked on the video...where the unholy crap can I get one of these??

I feel like you could've gone into a lot more depth with this one. How about some CPU/GPU temperature measurements, at idle and under load? Noise readings? Thermal image?

I just feel like such a case with so much attention to detail deserves a review to match.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

1 hour ago, Telan said:

As I asked on the video...where the unholy crap can I get one of these??

You unfortunately missed the kickstarter for the first batch of cases: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/33753221/dan-cases-a4-sfx-the-worlds-smallest-gaming-tower

Dan said that the kickstarter got enough traction that CaseKing (I think that's who it was at least) will have them for purchase at the end of the year though.  

what cpu cooler was that. it was a cryorig right?

Main Rig | Personal Build | Windows 10 | R7 2700x 3.7~4.3ghz | ASUS ROG Strix B450-I | 16gb DDR4 3200mhz | GTX 1080 FE | Coolermaster Elite 130 | Corsair H60 | WD Blue SN500 500GB NVMe SSD + 1tb WD Green HDD + 1tb WD Blue HDD

Laptop | HP m6-w102dx | Windows 10 | i7-5500u 2.4~3.0ghz | 8gb DDR3L | GT 930m 2gb| 120gb Sandisk SSD

Phone | Pixel 3 | Verizon | 64gb

28 minutes ago, SlipperyPete said:

I would guess the Cryorig C7

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

The Amazon link doesn't show any results

#BETTERRED

#GTX 10-SERIES

Looking forward to build my system in this case. 

3 hours ago, SlipperyPete said:

CRYORIG C7.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

8 hours ago, Octagoncow said:

You unfortunately missed the kickstarter for the first batch of cases: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/33753221/dan-cases-a4-sfx-the-worlds-smallest-gaming-tower

Dan said that the kickstarter got enough traction that CaseKing (I think that's who it was at least) will have them for purchase at the end of the year though.  

BAH! BAH, I SAY!! That is my perfect case. I've been looking for something just like it since '11...

man, i would love to build a system in this case. too bad it's gonna be a while untill i can get my hands on one. i don't even think there are plans to sell them in The Netherlands yet :(

14 hours ago, Weberollin said:

Could you PLEASE go more in-depth? No numbers, no build-video? Srsly ?

Well there was in fact a build inside the case, I thought the review was alright and could have gone more in depth. Then again I think all reviews could go more in depth.

here is the build since you missed it I guess.

3 hours ago, Telan said:

BAH! BAH, I SAY!! That is my perfect case. I've been looking for something just like it since '11...

Just keep your eyes on their page at https://www.dan-cases.com/

This should let you know when they become globally available via Overclockers UK

My profile... HERE

Join the Disqussions... https://disqus.com/home/channel/techinquisition/

On 23/8/2016 at 0:16 AM, Rwhite025 said:

Well there was in fact a build inside the case, I thought the review was alright and could have gone more in depth. Then again I think all reviews could go more in depth.

here is the build since you missed it I guess.

Thanks, but I've seen that :-)

It was not to sound harsh, but the a4-sfx was send exclusively to LTT, therefore I think they should go more in-depth.

A build video with consumer-grade products like Luke chose, or different pricetag-builds and then show how nice it is to build it (like when linus disassembles laptops etc)

A few temperature readings and mby even a comparison to ncase/other sff-cases.

Dan did write on [H] that they would come with a written more in-depth review later on.

Also, linus calls for using blower style only, but Luke disproves that. It might not boost as high as possible, but it doesn't throttle and is possible more quiet. That tells me that it wasn't tested out well enough before put online.

Cool case , But i would still go with the Lian LI Pc tu 100 becasue of the handle IMO.

(⌐■_■) 

This is a truly beautiful case, but like others, I'm quite concerned about it not having any filters. It'll probably be a bit tricky to get your hands on one of these as well. Does anyone maybe know about similar cases (in size and appearance) that are available? I gave up on desktops quite a while back, since laptops could fill my requirements at that moment, so I'm completely out of the loop on this stuff.

22 hours ago, Timmiej93 said:

This is a truly beautiful case, but like others, I'm quite concerned about it not having any filters. It'll probably be a bit tricky to get your hands on one of these as well. Does anyone maybe know about similar cases (in size and appearance) that are available? I gave up on desktops quite a while back, since laptops could fill my requirements at that moment, so I'm completely out of the loop on this stuff.

They say on the FAQ on their website that they will try to make some available separately via DEMCiflex: https://www.dan-cases.com/faq.html

Screenshot_1.png

• 2 weeks later...