Wireless HDMI

brandonls

been searching for a year now but Im looking for an affordable wireless HDMI dongle or something that i could hook up to consoles ive seen stuff for over $200 but Im looking for something around $40 or under it shouldn't be so much for such a simple 2 units a wireless receiver and transmitter if anyone knows anything for a better price range on these things let me know i need something affordable because Im working with more then a couple screens and a couple consoles. 

11 minutes ago, Rekedal said:

http://m.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7D7501/ something like this?

That looks more like chromecast clone.

It may sound simple but wireless video streaming requires bit more than what you can get with $40 budget.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

HDMI 2.0 has a bandwith of 18Gbps. it's extremely hard to transfer that much data with no wire. in addition, even something simple like HDMI 1.0 has a bandwith of 5Gbps, so it's still extremely hard to do it wirelessly

these insane transfer rates happen because HDMI (and all other data cables) don't/cant compress the video being sent through them.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

I seriously doubt that you are going to find such a cheap solution. Unfortunately it still seems to be so niche/immature, have a look at the overview of the technology that you are referring to. Essentially one finds lots of manufacturers implementing their own specific protocol on their own specific hardware platform to accomplish this and then charging a premium for it. This is also true for when one may want to find a solution for streaming HDMI over an existing IP infrastructure; HDMI is not an IP stack compatible protocol therefore it's packets require wrapping in some custom protocol which I believe currently has no de facto accepted industry standard implementation. Again this is why one invariable finds so many of those point to point Cat5/6 dedicated cable RX/TX boxes that emulate Extended Display Identification Data (EDID) - which incidentally is yet another challenge.

Compound all of this by then considering support for the new HDMI 2.0 standard that deals with the more advanced features of High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) and High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection (HDCP); then there's has n channel audio let alone the bandwidth required for such support; one can quickly begin to build a picture of why progress in this area has been very specialized, expensive and slow.

All of that said however building your own transmitter and receiver is not an insurmountable task as the information and hardware is readily available!

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

You won't find anything cheap when looking for a wireless HDMI. As stated before, HDMI 2.0 is currently not viably on the market as far I've seen. And HDMI just for 1080p still has 'bulky' units that are way out of your price range. So you'll be stuck with cables. Only thing you can try is hiding the cables, but you cannot replace them with cheap wireless hdmi.

Your average Software Engineering student.

An HDMI 1.4a connection has a maximum throughput of 4.9gbit.  You are NOT going to find anything cheap and small that can squeeze that much data through the air.