Quick Photography PSA

Hey all,

Every time I saw a photography video from Tek Syndicate or LTT, I loved learning about that tech! I wanted to find a resource as good as those channels for learning about photography.

Well here they are!

Shooting and camera reviews with some editing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/VistaClues

Editing:

https://www.youtube.com/user/photosincolor

I recommend starting here:

I bought a Sony a6300 this summer and I watched a bunch of their videos before getting it. I could shoot manual on the first NIGHT I had the camera. :)

Starting to be paid as a photographer. It's great.

Here's some of my shots!

Happy shooting :)

-Matt

DSC01355.jpg

DSC01628-Pano.jpg

1.jpg

11 hours ago, Captain Matt said:

snip

Nice photos, but NO to Tony Northrop.  While he does have some good materials, he also makes some faux pas.

If you really want resources, I have a thread for that in my sig.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

22 hours ago, ALwin said:

Nice photos, but NO to Tony Northrop.  While he does have some good materials, he also makes some faux pas.

If you really want resources, I have a thread for that in my sig.

Can you point out anything in specific?

I'll look through your guides within the week. Very busy x.x

24 minutes ago, Captain Matt said:

Can you point out anything in specific?

I'll look through your guides within the week. Very busy x.x

I don't remember specific ones, but some that I recall were about crop factor and equivalent exposure issues.  I don't tend to watch videos of people I don't follow.

Guide: DSLR or Video camera?, Guide: Film/Photo makers' useful resources, Guide: Lenses, a quick primer

Nikon D4, Nikon D800E, Fuji X-E2, Canon G16, Gopro Hero 3+, iPhone 5s. Hasselblad 500C/M, Sony PXW-FS7

ICT Consultant, Photographer, Video producer, Scuba diver and underwater explorer, Nature & humanitarian documentary producer

13 hours ago, ALwin said:

I don't remember specific ones, but some that I recall were about crop factor and equivalent exposure issues.  I don't tend to watch videos of people I don't follow.

Ahh yes!

I remember early on seeing him rant a little about those topics.

That being said, could I ask you, as a photography professional, to please link me to a video you approve of discussing those aspects of cameras?

15 hours ago, Captain Matt said:

Ahh yes!

I remember early on seeing him rant a little about those topics.

That being said, could I ask you, as a photography professional, to please link me to a video you approve of discussing those aspects of cameras?

I don't remember any specific channels or videos that talk about those topics, perhaps Karl Taylor.  Most of the resources I list focus on the creative aspect of the craft and not the "tech geek" aspect.

I have been watching videos from Matt granger. He's got a few videos on how use flashes and budget gear to get great portraits. 

On 8/24/2016 at 2:17 PM, ALwin said:

I don't remember any specific channels or videos that talk about those topics, perhaps Karl Taylor.  Most of the resources I list focus on the creative aspect of the craft and not the "tech geek" aspect.

BUMP:

On a lens with no infinity marker, how can I focus AT infinity as opposed to BEYOND infinity?

2 hours ago, Captain Matt said:

BUMP:

On a lens with no infinity marker, how can I focus AT infinity as opposed to BEYOND infinity?

The lens doesn't have any indicator or a hard stop?  Not even any sort of focusing distance indicator?

Well if it's a lens capable of autofocus, just focus on a very distant point in the scene.  Most lenses go into infinity focusing distance for objects a couple of km away.