Good Tutorial On Uninstalling/installing drivers?

BenKavanagh

i want to make sure that i uninstall my drivers then reinstall the newest ones for my R9 380. i know it seems simple but i cant find any concrete tutorials for this. i know i have to use DDU, then install the new drivers from amd, but there is also some stuff about "safe mode" that i dont understand. can some one help me or link me a tutorial?

thanks!

4 minutes ago, BenKavanagh said:

i want to make sure that i uninstall my drivers then reinstall the newest ones for my R9 380. i know it seems simple but i cant find any concrete tutorials for this. i know i have to use DDU, then install the new drivers from amd, but there is also some stuff about "safe mode" that i dont understand. can some one help me or link me a tutorial?

thanks!

Safe mode is just so the computer loads Microsoft's basic video drivers instead of the proprietary Nvidia or AMD drivers, this is why it looks different when you boot to safe mode. You want to do this so the driver's you're wanting to uninstall aren't currently being used when you uninstall them.

When using DDU it should automatically prompt you to boot to safe mode, just click yes and let it do it for you and then run DDU. Once the drivers are uninstalled then you can boot normally and use Microsoft's basic video driver while you go to your GPU manufacturers website to download the latest driver that you need.