Can i edit?

dams3

So.. I have my new pc ordered which for the moment will be running with the intergrated graphics of my i7 6700. It wasnt the original plan but i might have to do some very light editing. My question is, could i run something like davinci resolve with it or should i stick to something lighter and if so can you suggest me a few programs.

I'd imagine it would be a pain, but I haven't been able to get resolve to work for me anyway.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

3 minutes ago, Funtron5000 said:

I'd imagine it would be a pain, but I haven't been able to get resolve to work for me anyway.

Got any other suggestions?

I've tried Corey Video Studio. And on the free trial, I think gpu acceleration is disabled. So, that worked. I would like to find out what's up with resolve though.

CPU: i7 4770K  |  Corsair H80i  |  ASUS Z87-Pro  |  8GB Corsair 1866Mhz  |  GPU: MSI Gaming X RX 480 8GB  |  Corsair HX  750

43 minutes ago, Funtron5000 said:

I've tried Corey Video Studio. And on the free trial, I think gpu acceleration is disabled. So, that worked. I would like to find out what's up with resolve though.

Should read Corel Video Studio

The question is less can you edit and more will you be willing to put up with editing on it. I learned Premier CS6 on a computer with an i3 and 2GB of RAM and no dedicated graphics but since it was all I had ever edited on it was great. Now that I've had my i7 16gb of RAM GTX 660ti machine when I had to edit a project on my i5 integrated graphics laptop it was torture but it worked. 

If if your willing to put up with what most editors would call a a not so great experience then you'll be fine. There may be certain features of major edit suites you won't be able to use like multi-cam editing, but you should be fine. 

Well it will work but it will most likley not be a perfect experience. 

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

I edit using Adobe on my i5 4gb ram Surface 3 pro because it has a much higher quality display than my desktop; however, I have network rendering setup with a NAS to render from the desktop automatically.  Best of both worlds.

I use this as an example to tell you that it is possible, just like others said, are you willing to put up with it... preview rendering is a pain.

I used my integraded gpu intel hd 2500 with adobe premiere pro for some time, and it worked pretty well, i think you will be able to do light editing and stuff with that integrated gpu

It will be fine yes

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii