Suggestions on Mechanical keyboards?

GeneralLol

I'm looking for a new (and the first of mine) mechanical keyboard. The budget's not yet decided but I'm sure it would be strict. So any suggestions on some good o' fashioned mechanical keyboards? I would use it for typing mostly. I don't play games THAT often but I would play games, like SC2, from time to time. Thanks! 

Why not regular keyboard. you won't benefit much from a mechanical while typing and it is cheaper

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Why not regular keyboard. you won't benefit much from a mechanical while typing and it is cheaper

I was kinda sick and tired of the stickiness of 'em. I had a Logitech keyboard and well, it didn't end up so well. It sticks. Like hell. I had to type in the very center to get an input. Btw I like ThinkPad keyboards a lot. You guys know where I can get one for a desktop?

Logitech has a lot of good ones.

Just now, dexxterlab97 said:

Logitech has a lot of good ones.

Alright. I'm gonna check it out. THX. 

If you mostly do typing i would recommend the cheapest keyboard you can find with cherry mx blue switches.  I bought a few mechanical keyboards recently to try out different switches and love the feel of the blues especially for typing. 

I also have one with brown switches but they're a little too smooth i think. Fine for gaming, but since i switched to the blue switch keyboard i haven't found myself wanting to use the brown switch one again even for gaming. 

HEDT: i9 10980XE @ 4.9 gHz, 64GB @ 3600mHz CL14 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, 2x Nvidia Titan RTX NVLink SLI, Corsair AX1600i, Samsung 960 Pro 2TB OS/apps, Samsung 850 EVO 4TB media, LG 38GL950G-B monitor, Drop CTRL keyboard, Decus Respec mouse

Laptop: Razer Blade Pro 2019 9750H model, 32GB @ 3200mHz CL18 G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4, 2x Samsung 960 Pro 1TB RAID0, repasted with Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut
Gaming Rig: i9 9900ks @ 5.2ghz, 32GB @ 4000mHz CL17 G.Skill Trident-Z DDR4, EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Kingpin, Corsair HX1200, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB, Asus PG348Q monitor, Corsair K70 LUX RGB keyboard, Corsair Ironclaw mouse
HTPC: i7 7700 (delidded + LM), 16GB @ 2666mHz CL15 Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4, MSI Geforce GTX 1070 Gaming X, Corsair SFX 600, Samsung 850 Pro 512gb, Samsung Q55R TV, Filco Majestouch Convertible 2 TKL keyboard, Logitech G403 wireless mouse

8 hours ago, Thread212 said:

Weeeellll.. okaay..
the best and cheapest mechanical keyboard i can find is this.
its blue switch.. yes u can feel a tactile feedback.. but blue switch is good for typing since u looking for a budget mech keyboard.

SteelSeries - Apex M260 White Blue Switch 

Alright. Thanks! 

On 8/21/2016 at 11:33 AM, GeneralLol said:

They're too much of enthusiasts... I'm looking for humble ones

http://www.recycledgoods.com/bos-ibm-style-122-key-keyboard-model-m-1369969.html

All bidnezz...

Ryzen 7 2700x | MSI B450 Tomahawk | GTX 780 Windforce | 16GB 3200
Dell 3007WFP | 2xDell 2001FP | Logitech G710 | Logitech G710 | Team Wolf Void Ray | Strafe RGB MX Silent
iPhone 8 Plus ZTE Axon 7 | iPad Air 2 | Nvidia Shield Tablet 32gig LTE | Lenovo W700DS

I saw some recommendations for getting MX Blues. Warning: they are loud. I would recommend MX Browns for a good all-around switch. Also, Lenovo does indeed make a separate Thinkpad keyboard, and as a bonus it also has Bluetooth. I actually kind of considered getting it at one point.

If you are looking for a TKL keyboard, here's a post I made earlier:

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

6 hours ago, kungpaogao said:

I saw some recommendations for getting MX Blues. Warning: they are loud. I would recommend MX Browns for a good all-around switch. Also, Lenovo does indeed make a separate Thinkpad keyboard, and as a bonus it also has Bluetooth. I actually kind of considered getting it at one point.

If you are looking for a TKL keyboard, here's a post I made earlier:

Okay. Thanks!

On 8/21/2016 at 7:27 PM, dexxterlab97 said:

You do realise that the mechanical keyboard come back started because they were better for typing, not due to gaming applications? The tactical and audible feedback, or the lightness of the switch can help a lot with typing. Standard membrane boards require a lot more force to actuate and have to be pushed all the way down, and often don't offer any tactile bumps or click sounds to notify you of activation. Basically, for gaming mechanical keyboard won't make a huge difference while for typing (if you are proficient at fast typing and do it a lot) a mech makes a massive difference (once you find a switch type you like and get used to it).

I'll be the black sheep of the pack here and suggest you to consider brown switches. If you do a lot of typing, they're better than blues because they provide less auditory feedback (they don't click). The clickiness of blues will get on your nerves really quickly.

On 8/23/2016 at 11:04 AM, Lehti said:

I'll be the black sheep of the pack here and suggest you to consider brown switches. If you do a lot of typing, they're better than blues because they provide less auditory feedback (they don't click). The clickiness of blues will get on your nerves really quickly.

What about red switches? What do you guys think of red switches? Cuz I found a model that I really like and it only comes with red switches.. 

7 minutes ago, GeneralLol said:

What about red switches? What do you guys think of red switches? Cuz I found a model that I really like and it only comes with red switches.. 

Personally, I'm not the biggest fan of them because they lack tactile feedback. Furthermore, they are relatively light switches and do not need to be fully pushed down to actuate. This leads to a lot of typing errors for me

PLEASE QUOTE ME WHEN YOU REPLY TO MY POSTS, thank you.

On 21/08/2016 at 6:27 PM, dexxterlab97 said:

BLASPHEMY!!!! 

If you know where to look then you can find a full mech KB for 50$ ish. (hint, massdrop.com)

- snip-

On 25/8/2016 at 1:08 PM, GeneralLol said:

Never tried those. To my knowledge, they don't click (but some clack) and have no tactile bump. I've heard people who are used to blues and browns complain about making a lot of typos on reds, but take this with a grain of salt.

On 25/8/2016 at 8:49 PM, MrDynamicMan said:

BLASPHEMY!!!! 

If you know where to look then you can find a full mech KB for 50$ ish. (hint, massdrop.com)

@dexxterlab97 is right about this one, actually: using a mechanical keyboard won't automatically make you a faster typist.

10 hours ago, Lehti said:

Never tried those. To my knowledge, they don't click (but some clack) and have no tactile bump. I've heard people who are used to blues and browns complain about making a lot of typos on reds, but take this with a grain of salt.

@dexxterlab97 is right about this one, actually: using a mechanical keyboard won't automatically make you a faster typist.

So thanks for your suggestions. I eventually went with a Corsair K65 RGB. Red Switch. The switch was REALLY light. You do get a lot of typos if you don't be careful. As a noob, I mean. But yes it is awesome. If it was harder to push it would be perfect.