Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gdog96

Photos in phone gallery do not show up when connected to computer

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hi, 

I have only recently come across this problem. I have a Nexus 6p with the latest android patch installed. I can see all my photos on the phone itself, but when I connect to a computer and try and view them in windows explorer, I can see one or two from recently, but there is a huge gap of photos from the last few months. I can't pinpoint exactly which photos aren't showing up, but it is a lot of them. 

I am making sure to set the phone to USB for photo transfer. I have tried retarting the phone, trying a different USB port/computer to connect to, but I can't think of anything else to try. I want to back up the pictures but I can't when they don't show up on the computer. It has been working fine up until recently and everything else on the phone seems okay. I feel like I'm missing something here? The computer I'm connecting to is windows 10. 

EDIT: I can see on the phone that I have 928 photos in the gallery (not including screenshots, whatsapp pictures etc, just ones from the camera) but in Windows I can only see 238 photos..

Thank you