Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cantalOPe

Instructions Unclear; Got Paperclip Stuck in Powersupply

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

Seriously tho, there is now a paperclip in my power supply from trying to do that trick to see if it's working or not. Is this a problem? What should I do?

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

Seriously tho, there is now a paperclip in my power supply from trying to do that trick to see if it's working or not. Is this a problem? What should I do?

Is it stuck in the 24 pin atx connector or in the actual powersupply or...detail please? A picture would help


Main Rig:

| 3900x @4.35GHz | Noctua NH-D15 LTT Edition | Nvidia 2080ti FE +140/1000 | Gigabyte x570 AORUS Master | Crucial Ballistix Gaming 2x16GB@3533MHz | Fractal Design Meshify C |

My Folding Stats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

Is it stuck in the 24 pin atx connector or in the actual powersupply or...detail please? A picture would help

Actual power supply... and I cannot see it from looking through the grill.

 

I've really done it this time :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

Actual power supply... and I cannot see it from looking through the grill.

 

I've really done it this time :(

I'm not even going to ask how you managed that. You may be able to take apart the powersupply to get it out but I wouldn't dare plug it in with a metal object in there.


Main Rig:

| 3900x @4.35GHz | Noctua NH-D15 LTT Edition | Nvidia 2080ti FE +140/1000 | Gigabyte x570 AORUS Master | Crucial Ballistix Gaming 2x16GB@3533MHz | Fractal Design Meshify C |

My Folding Stats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
2 minutes ago, MysticalRainXIV said:

I'm not even going to ask how you managed that. You may be able to take apart the powersupply to get it out but I wouldn't dare plug it in with a metal object in there.

You see, the RM550x's grill is spaced out pretty far apart... would it work to take it to a computer repair shop to have them do it for me? I feel like I've done enough.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cantalOPe said:

You see, the RM550x's grill is spaced out pretty far apart... would it work to take it to a computer repair shop to have them do it for me? I feel like I've done enough.

They might refuse to open the powersupply because it can kill you if you aren't careful.


Main Rig:

| 3900x @4.35GHz | Noctua NH-D15 LTT Edition | Nvidia 2080ti FE +140/1000 | Gigabyte x570 AORUS Master | Crucial Ballistix Gaming 2x16GB@3533MHz | Fractal Design Meshify C |

My Folding Stats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, MysticalRainXIV said:

They might refuse to open the powersupply because it can kill you if you aren't careful.

:( time to kill my self

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cantalOPe said:

:( time to kill my self

Well its either try to get it out or turn it on and risk it blowing up or something.


Main Rig:

| 3900x @4.35GHz | Noctua NH-D15 LTT Edition | Nvidia 2080ti FE +140/1000 | Gigabyte x570 AORUS Master | Crucial Ballistix Gaming 2x16GB@3533MHz | Fractal Design Meshify C |

My Folding Stats

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cantalOPe said:

:( time to kill my self

Leave it to discharge for a week, not plugged in anywhere. Then you can void your warranty and take it apart, making sure to not be standing or touching anything metal in the vicinity. I took apart my CX600 to remove a weird plastic sheet blocking 80% of the fans intake xD


Spoiler

Remember to quote me or tag me to get my attention in a post!

Spoiler

Yukuru (Main rig): R5 2400G | Noctua L9a | VTX R9 Nano 4GB | 2x8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2800 (@2400MHz) | ASRock A300M-STX | 128GB Plextor M6s + 2TB Seagate FireCuda 2TB 5400RPM SSHD | Delta 120W Power brick (Thanks @iamdarkyoshi) | Custom Case (Build log| MSX

Spoiler

Blast From the Past (Disassembled and decommissioned as of the 7th of December, 2016, you will be missed): Asus A8Js | C2D T7200 @ 2GHz | Nvidia Go 7700 512MB DDR2 | 2x1GB DDR2-667 Kingston RAM | Hitachi TravelStar 5K160 160GB 5400 HDD | Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13.3 inch late 2013 model i7-4558U (2C/4T @ 3.3GHz Turbo) Intel Iris 5100 graphics (1200MHz boosts) 8GB DDR3-1600 Soldered on 2560 x 1600 display (Looks very nice) Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Box (Brother's Rig): R5 1500X | Stock AMD Cooler | ASRock B450 Pro4 | Asus HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 | Crucial BX200 240GB | Aerocool Strike-X 500W | Win7 Home Premium

Spoiler

Spiky Box (Sister's Rig): G3258 | Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2 | Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Sapphire R9 290X 4GB Vapor-X | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair CX600 | Aerocool Xpredator X3 Red/Gold edition (My old case) | MSX 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Whitelist | PSU Tier List F@H stats | Mining Ethereum

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, TheRandomness said:

Leave it to discharge for a week, not plugged in anywhere. Then you can void your warranty and take it apart, making sure to not be standing or touching anything metal in the vicinity. I took apart my CX600 to remove a weird plastic sheet blocking 80% of the fans intake xD

Ok, I guess my the plan to build my PC today is over :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cantalOPe said:

Ok, I guess my the plan to build my PC today is over :(

Or 3 days- wait, why were you doing the paper clip thing? With a new build all you have to do is plug it in and if it doesn't power on, try everything before RMAing it...


Spoiler

Remember to quote me or tag me to get my attention in a post!

Spoiler

Yukuru (Main rig): R5 2400G | Noctua L9a | VTX R9 Nano 4GB | 2x8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2800 (@2400MHz) | ASRock A300M-STX | 128GB Plextor M6s + 2TB Seagate FireCuda 2TB 5400RPM SSHD | Delta 120W Power brick (Thanks @iamdarkyoshi) | Custom Case (Build log| MSX

Spoiler

Blast From the Past (Disassembled and decommissioned as of the 7th of December, 2016, you will be missed): Asus A8Js | C2D T7200 @ 2GHz | Nvidia Go 7700 512MB DDR2 | 2x1GB DDR2-667 Kingston RAM | Hitachi TravelStar 5K160 160GB 5400 HDD | Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13.3 inch late 2013 model i7-4558U (2C/4T @ 3.3GHz Turbo) Intel Iris 5100 graphics (1200MHz boosts) 8GB DDR3-1600 Soldered on 2560 x 1600 display (Looks very nice) Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Box (Brother's Rig): R5 1500X | Stock AMD Cooler | ASRock B450 Pro4 | Asus HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 | Crucial BX200 240GB | Aerocool Strike-X 500W | Win7 Home Premium

Spoiler

Spiky Box (Sister's Rig): G3258 | Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2 | Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Sapphire R9 290X 4GB Vapor-X | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair CX600 | Aerocool Xpredator X3 Red/Gold edition (My old case) | MSX 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Whitelist | PSU Tier List F@H stats | Mining Ethereum

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, TheRandomness said:

Or 3 days- wait, why were you doing the paper clip thing? With a new build all you have to do is plug it in and if it doesn't power on, try everything before RMAing it...

Yeah, I had assembled everything, but it wasn't turning on, so I went through the checklist on what to do if it doesn't boot up, and at one point it said to check if the psu is working or not using a paperclip, and thats where it happened :/

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, cantalOPe said:

Yeah, I had assembled everything, but it wasn't turning on, so I went through the checklist on what to do if it doesn't boot up, and at one point it said to check if the psu is working or not using a paperclip, and thats where it happened :/

Could've just reseated all connectors and checked if you actually remembered to switch it on at both ends. Anyways, hold it with the fan grill facing the floor and shake hard. Might help c:


Spoiler

Remember to quote me or tag me to get my attention in a post!

Spoiler

Yukuru (Main rig): R5 2400G | Noctua L9a | VTX R9 Nano 4GB | 2x8GB G-Skill Ripjaws DDR4-2800 (@2400MHz) | ASRock A300M-STX | 128GB Plextor M6s + 2TB Seagate FireCuda 2TB 5400RPM SSHD | Delta 120W Power brick (Thanks @iamdarkyoshi) | Custom Case (Build log| MSX

Spoiler

Blast From the Past (Disassembled and decommissioned as of the 7th of December, 2016, you will be missed): Asus A8Js | C2D T7200 @ 2GHz | Nvidia Go 7700 512MB DDR2 | 2x1GB DDR2-667 Kingston RAM | Hitachi TravelStar 5K160 160GB 5400 HDD | Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Laptop: MacBook Pro 13.3 inch late 2013 model i7-4558U (2C/4T @ 3.3GHz Turbo) Intel Iris 5100 graphics (1200MHz boosts) 8GB DDR3-1600 Soldered on 2560 x 1600 display (Looks very nice) Win7 Pro

Spoiler

Box (Brother's Rig): R5 1500X | Stock AMD Cooler | ASRock B450 Pro4 | Asus HD 7970 3GB Matrix Platinum | 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-2666 | Crucial BX200 240GB | Aerocool Strike-X 500W | Win7 Home Premium

Spoiler

Spiky Box (Sister's Rig): G3258 | Cooler Master Seidon 120V V2 | Asus Z97 Sabertooth Mark I | Sapphire R9 290X 4GB Vapor-X | 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3-1600 | 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Corsair CX600 | Aerocool Xpredator X3 Red/Gold edition (My old case) | MSX 

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Whitelist | PSU Tier List F@H stats | Mining Ethereum

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, TheRandomness said:

Could've just reseated all connectors and checked if you actually remembered to switch it on at both ends. Anyways, hold it with the fan grill facing the floor and shake hard. Might help c:

Thanks man. I can just be so damn unlucky sometimes ):

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, cantalOPe said:

Thanks man. I can just be so damn unlucky sometimes ):

try shakin git out?


Build

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 1600, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7. TeamGroup Viper 4133mhz 16gb, XFX RX 480 8 GB (1000mhz cause dying), Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD, An old 1tb 5400 rpm 2.5" HDD, TeamGroup 480gb & Kingston 480gb ssds (May RAID 0), 1TB Western Ditigal HDD, EVGA 750W G2 PSU, Phanteks P400s

----------X-----------X------------

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×