Pigfly tech media hub.

https://www.pigflytech.com/mx3-plus.html

Ok does anyone know anything about these things?!! They look illegal based on some of their claims of "playing any movie for free" and "no subscriptions" and "totally unlocked unlike its Apple TV and roku brethren". My father in law is interested, and I'm guessing this thing could be bad news! Thanks guys!! 

I fixed the link!!! 

your link sends me to an external hard drive...

and all i can find by the name in the title is a box running kodi :/

Crap, let me find it again! That's what it was though! It's supposed to be some streaming device, but I know nothing about kodi, and it's claims of free channels and movies sounded quite "ghetto". 

8 hours ago, manikyath said:

I updated the link!!! 

59 minutes ago, Archangel121 said:

Crap, let me find it again! That's what it was though! It's supposed to be some streaming device, but I know nothing about kodi, and it's claims of free channels and movies sounded quite "ghetto". 

basicly, its one of those android settop boxes, that has kodi for android preinstalled.

which is very defenately... the lazy way out, especially when considering they basicly use it to advertise "free tv and radio"

in a TLDR what kodi does is provide a TV friendly UI, playback local and local network content, and provides a broad library of third party plugins for things like youtube, twitch, internet radio, and platforms like southparkstudios.

12 hours ago, manikyath said:

I updated the link!!! 

Ok then, thanks a ton!! I'll definitely be sure to point him in a differenet direction!!!

On 8/20/2016 at 11:00 AM, Archangel121 said:

https://www.pigflytech.com/mx3-plus.html

Ok does anyone know anything about these things?!! They look illegal based on some of their claims of "playing any movie for free" and "no subscriptions" and "totally unlocked unlike its Apple TV and roku brethren". My father in law is interested, and I'm guessing this thing could be bad news! Thanks guys!! 

I fixed the link!!! 

Kodi has unsupported repositories of add on's. These add on's can be used to stream pirated works. So not illegal as Kodi is legitimate Media Center software, but you can do illegal things with kodi if you know what your doing.  

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 3 weeks later...
On August 21, 2016 at 5:11 PM, Donut417 said:

Kodi has unsupported repositories of add on's. These add on's can be used to stream pirated works. So not illegal as Kodi is legitimate Media Center software, but you can do illegal things with kodi if you know what your doing.  

Oh wow, that's quite interesting. If you plan on never utilizing the illegal activities on it, then would this type of device even be worth it? With all the other media streamers on it? 

19 minutes ago, Archangel121 said:

Oh wow, that's quite interesting. If you plan on never utilizing the illegal activities on it, then would this type of device even be worth it? With all the other media streamers on it? 

Kodi can utilized Tuner cards, videos that are saved on your computer. Im pretty sure other Legal Streaming services also. It just the pirates added their touch. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

36 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

Kodi can utilized Tuner cards, videos that are saved on your computer. Im pretty sure other Legal Streaming services also. It just the pirates added their touch. 

HA, nice! Well I appreciate it!!