Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
4hwgenxx

MK-CLASSIFIED-X - time of innovation??

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello everyone, I take this opportunity to introduce myself to you with this topic!

lately my "evga sr2" has forsaken me, it seems that a "vrm" is exploded behind the CPU0 (only go up with one core) ... but whatever

right now my setup is as follows :

motherboard : "fallen" EVGA SR2, liquid cooled with custom block

cpu's : intel xeon x5645 liquid cooled by EK Supremacy CSQ

ram : corsair dominator platinum 2133mhz 1.5v cas 9-11-10-27

vga : SLI of GTX780 Asus DirectCUII

ssd : samsung pm810 128gb sata2

hdd : hitachi desktar 2tb sata2

psu : enermax platimax 1500w

pump : laing ddc 1t + alphacool top

resvoir : ek bay 5.25

radiator : 2x alphacool x45 360mm

I guess that's more or less

now we come to us, seeing that the motherboard is useless I thought I'd buy a new one, of course, another EVGA SR2, but given the lack of availability on the Italian market, I wondered if it was right to spend € 500 for a new SR2 or perhaps create something again!??

perhaps using all that remains and change only "motherboard" and "cpu"??

I thought of a solution or 1150 2011, like :

SOLUTION THAT I CAN BUY AT THE MOMENT -

1st solutuon - intel 4770k & MAXIMUS VI EXTREME

2nd solution - intel 3930/4930k + P9X79E-WS (v2, the new with full x16 pciex 3gen, and the possybility to use new xeon v2 in future)

SOLUTION THAT I WOULD, BUT REALLY TO EXPENSIVE

3rd solution - 2x intel e5-2680v2 + evga sr-x/asus z9pe-d8 ws

4th solution - intel e5-2680v2 + p9x79e-ws (so in future i can upgrade to dual socket)

but the question is, as I use the system mostly for "gaming" between 2560x1440 and 3840x2160 (downsampling), but also wanting only 1920x1080 with filters at maximum (AA and others) ... it is better to buy back a EVGA SR2 that the "Benchmark" is devastating or change the platform in favor of a solution in 1150 or 2011??

when my 1366 platform is capable of pulling CRYSIS 3 to 2160p with 2X TXAA stable on 40frame!

thanks in advance for the answers! and ... LINUS're the best ;)

PS:. exuse my very bad english!!!!

i would go with the third option becus if you can i would go balls to the walls :D 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

i like that too... =D but seriusly it's better for me at the moment buy another sr2 rigth?

no but since you already have 2 xeons it cinda is at the same time i mean look at the cost of buying a new mobo and compare it to buying a new mobo and cpu 

-Adolf Hitler 

no but since you already have 2 xeons it cinda is at the same time i mean look at the cost of buying a new mobo and compare it to buying a new mobo and cpu 

i know...the problem is that...where i can sell my xeon...its impossible so better than waste my money spend for the xeon is better to buy again a sr2, and this time maybe i would set the radiator on the front of the case and not at the top...because my sr2 was exposed to liquid...than blow out...:(

i know...the problem is that...where i can sell my xeon...its impossible so better than waste my money spend for the xeon is better to buy again a sr2, and this time maybe i would set the radiator on the front of the case and not at the top...because my sr2 was exposed to liquid...than blow out... :(

huhuhuh do a giveaway :P nah just kidding but if i was in your scenario i would buy a new/second hand sr2 

-Adolf Hitler 

yes but i can't FIND IT...here in italy and i dont know any "used market" in US...

COUGH ebay COUGH

-Adolf Hitler 

nothing of used...

new??

-Adolf Hitler 

thanks dude! that is expensive than other i found!! now i have to wait response!!!

Inviato dal mio iFake5

ah nice well tell me if you got it :D 

-Adolf Hitler 

someone know the "supermicro x8da3"??? its not able to overclock right???

Inviato dal mio iFake5

as far as i know you can overclock it but not by changing the multipliere 

-Adolf Hitler 

so only modifing the bclk right??? if is that its great because my cpus have multiplier lock to 18+1

Inviato dal mio iFake5

i think im pretty ridicoulus...because i cant wait!! and now wanted to buy an a supermicro board..but yes its a good product but not usefull for me because i cant oc and cant liquid cool it...so its better that i wait to buy an sr2 in a way or other!!!

Inviato dal mio iFake5

i think im pretty ridicoulus...because i cant wait!! and now wanted to buy an a supermicro board..but yes its a good product but not usefull for me because i cant oc and cant liquid cool it...so its better that i wait to buy an sr2 in a way or other!!!

Inviato dal mio iFake5

indeed i completly agree and the supermicro is a server board so unless you use server stuff it wont realy be usefull 

-Adolf Hitler