Help with APU and Motherboard

A friend told me that her mom wanted to buy a computer and I told her that I could build her one and she said that it was ok. I'm thinking of getting an APU build but I don't know which one I should use. She will just use the PC for work and browsing. I was thinking of getting the A8-5500 ($103). What are your thoughts? Is it alright? Or  should I get a cheaper one?

For the motherboard I'm going with the Asus F2A55-M/CSM since it's only $78 USD and it has USB 3.0. 

I will appreciate suggestions. 

Well it depends on what your budget it, but yeah, that's pretty overkill for a browsing machine. 

Setup Video -----------Peasant Crushing Specs----------- 4K Benchmarks

-CPU- i7 3930k @4.8GHz 1.4v -Mobo- Asus Rampage IV Extreme -GPUs- 2x GTX Titan Hydrocopper SLI -RAM- 32GB (8x4GB) Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz -Storage- 500GB Samsung 840 SSD | 2TB WD Green HDD

-Monitors- 3x BenQ XL2420T | 1x Dell U2713HM -Mouse- Steelseries Rival -Keyboard- Corsair K70 Cherry MX Brown -Headphones- Audio Techinca ATH-M50 -Microphone- RØDE NT1-A

Well it depends on what your budget it, but yeah, that's pretty overkill for a browsing machine. 

Budget will be around $500 without monitor. I guess it's fine then. 

Why not a sempron x2 190. It's incredibly cheap and perfect for the use case scenario.

I'm taking in consideration that probably her kids will want to play Sims or any other game and the APU will do the work just fine for that.

Thanks for your suggestion. 

Just get a a10 5800k with a asrock a75 mobo and put windows 8 on it. That's the setup I built my grandma and it is awesome. 

I'll check that. I will use Windows 7 Ultimate since I already have it. Thanks for your suggestion.

• 2 weeks later...

This should be plenty: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1QJqh

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.