AMD Stock Continues To Skyrocket After Zen Unveiling, Up 330 Percent This Year

It's me!

I think the most interesting part of this article is the part about the agreement to licence Zen tech to China, it will be interesting to see how that impacts the market. 

AMD’s stock began skyrocketing earlier this year, but the rate of ascent is increasing after AMD CEO Lisa Su unveiled the new Zen microarchitecture this week. The unveiling of the architecture and the accompanying product demos have investors upping the tempo of bullish drumbeats as the resurgent company promises to return to relevance. AMD's stock is up another 11% today (as of the time of this writing), for a whopping total of 330% this year.

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-zen-cpu-stock-market,32520.html

02.PNG

I need to start investing in stocks...

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

3 minutes ago, It's me! said:

I think the most interesting part of this article is the part about the agreement to licence Zen tech to China, it will be interesting to see how that impacts the market. 

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-zen-cpu-stock-market,32520.html

02.PNG

So anyone who didn't sell their stocks when the started falling back in 2012 is likely to not have lost as much money as they though.

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

1 minute ago, Sky Daddy said:

i had like 50 amd stocks at the beginning of the year fml

"Pump those numbers up, those are rookie numbers" (seriously that's like, $100...)

[FS][US] Corsair H115i 280mm AIO-AMD $60+shipping

System specs:
Asus Prime X370 Pro - Custom EKWB CPU/GPU 2x360 1x240 soft loop - Ryzen 1700X - Corsair Vengeance RGB 2x16GB - Plextor 512 NVMe + 2TB SU800 - EVGA GTX1080ti - LianLi PC11 Dynamic

"Zen Launch" is quite a misleading title. It didn't launch and won't launch for quite a while. They showed off an engineering sample and revealed some information on the architecture. Big difference.

Yes, this really doesn't make sense as Zen has not launched yet.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

RIP AMD

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

4 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

"Zen Launch" is quite a misleading title. It didn't launch and won't launch for quite a while. They showed off an engineering sample and revealed some information on the architecture. Big difference.

3 minutes ago, TidaLWaveZ said:

Yes, this really doesn't make sense as Zen has not launched yet.

It is a reliable source of info (AMD) saying that their Zen CPU is looking good, which gains the market belief to the company and hence ppl wanna invest into them. Doesnt need zen to be really launched to give market the hope. The HYPE IS REAL. 

6 minutes ago, Trixanity said:

Agree, even the quote that OP used specify it as "unveiled".

However I have seen this trend of tech journalism (or to be more precise, the clickbaiting sites that steals content from other sites) using misleading terminologies in regards to a company's upcoming product quite a bit recently.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

6 minutes ago, ivan134 said:

RIP AMD

You realize this is about their stock going UP right?

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

1 minute ago, totjup5 said:

You realize this is about their stock going UP right?

You realize it was a joke right?

CPU i7 6700 Cooling Cryorig H7 Motherboard MSI H110i Pro AC RAM Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB DDR4 2133 GPU Pulse RX 5700 XT Case Fractal Design Define Mini C Storage Trascend SSD370S 256GB + WD Black 320GB + Sandisk Ultra II 480GB + WD Blue 1TB PSU EVGA GS 550 Display Nixeus Vue24B FreeSync 144 Hz Monitor (VESA mounted) Keyboard Aorus K3 Mechanical Keyboard Mouse Logitech G402 OS Windows 10 Home 64 bit

2 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

It is a reliable source of info (AMD) saying that their Zen CPU is looking good, which gains the market belief to the company and hence ppl wanna invest into them. Doesnt need zen to be really launched to give market the hope. The HYPE IS REAL. 

That's not the part that doesn't make sense. I'm saying the title doesn't make sense because Zen hasn't launched.

On the subject of that being the reason for the stock increase, I'd hardly take AMD's word on whether their product is good or not.  No company is going to say that their latest and greatest product sucks, lol.

- ASUS X99 Deluxe - i7 5820k - Nvidia GTX 1080ti SLi - 4x4GB EVGA SSC 2800mhz DDR4 - Samsung SM951 500 - 2x Samsung 850 EVO 512 -

- EK Supremacy EVO CPU Block - EK FC 1080 GPU Blocks - EK XRES 100 DDC - EK Coolstream XE 360 - EK Coolstream XE 240 -

4 minutes ago, Devin92 said:

He is not negating that point.

He is saying their are using a misleading terminology.

The stock increase is due to hype (as AMD unveiled zen architecture), not due to its actual market presence.

Please avoid feeding the argumentative narcissistic academic monkey.

"the last 20 percent – going from demo to production-worthy algorithm – is both hard and is time-consuming. The last 20 percent is what separates the men from the boys" - Mobileye CEO

Just now, ivan134 said:

You realize it was a joke right?

Kind of hard to tell with the amount of uneducated blind and hate that goes on on this forum. Maybe try notating with /s next time.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

what a time to be able to invest, if only I could fucking invest...

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

1 minute ago, totjup5 said:

Kind of hard to tell with the amount of uneducated blind and hate that goes on on this forum. Maybe try notating with /s next time.

Nah

1 minute ago, Tomsen said:

He is not negating that point.

He is saying their are using a misleading terminology.

The stock increase is due to hype (as AMD unveiled zen architecture), not due to its actual market presence.

Actually, the biggest rise is due to their licensing of x86 tech to China. 

Just now, TidaLWaveZ said:

That's not the part that doesn't make sense. I'm saying the title doesn't make sense because Zen hasn't launched.

On the subject of that being the reason for the stock increase, I'd hardly take AMD's word on whether their product is good or not.  No company is going to say that their latest and greatest product sucks, lol.

My misunderstanding.

Oh well, just remember when ppl hype rx480 abt a gtx980 performance. Same shiit. The hype will get ppl crazy. Hope AMD at least can deliver something not half bad as they claimed. Highly suspicious abt the 3Ghz clock lock tho.

Just now, Devin92 said:

My misunderstanding.

Oh well, just remember when ppl hype rx480 abt a gtx980 performance. Same shiit. The hype will get ppl crazy. Hope AMD at least can deliver something not half bad as they claimed. Highly suspicious abt the 3Ghz clock lock tho.

I knew what you meant about the hype.  I hope Zen is good too, I do have some serious doubts though.  I feel like if it's better than 6900k then the price tag will be extremely high.  If the price tag is pretty low, I think the overall performance will be closer to Haswell-E.

Hopefully I'm wrong though and Zen hits intel hard.

I feel extremely bad about not buying shares when they were down to $1.50 a piece. God damnit.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C