which mouse

NagorT

so right now after watching extensive reviews of both mice i can't choose between the logitech g502(w/rgb lighting) or the mionix castor please help and leave comments.

Is not in the list... But I am actually using a Logitech G900 and is marvelous. The battery lasts ages and the response time is so good that in a blind test I just can't distinguish between wired and wireless. Then the extra buttons are handy for setting up your preference with the bundled software

I would advise you to get the Logitech.... Cause, logitech quality.... They are among the best... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

it is tied i have a lot of people that i have talked to saying that both are very good.  just don't want to choose one that i end up hatting because of the shapes of both of them. I was hoping for more of if you have the mice what are your thoughts on it.

It's a personal preference thing... You should try both of them to make a decision... Someone might like one, and someone else might like the other... 

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

my main use for this mouse is daily use of a computer and fps gaming so i need a comfortable mouse with a good   sensor.

G502 since it's got one of the best sensors on the market and it's logitech so the qualty

4 minutes ago, NagorT said:

snip

I have the 402, which is a 502 minus the weight adjust and the special scroll wheel, if you use a claw style grip you'll like the mouse's feel most likely, Palm grip will depend on your hand, and I don't recall what the other major grip type is but it's not setup well for that one

But you'll have to try one to know for sure

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

yah but since the mionix is a smaller company i can't just go to best buy and try it out which sucks.

i have tried the g502 at best buy and it was nice but different to my current daily driver with is a staples mouse. :( 

the logitech m325 wireless btw i use for csgo :( .

@NagorTHandsize and gripstyle?

I would pick the Castor above the G502 if you do fps gaming, because its lighter.

Both the sensors are fantastic so dont buy based on sensor.

The G502 is an enormous brick at ~120 grams WITHOUT the weights. Has a stiff braided cable, but the heavy weight should counter it. Best implementation of the best sensor of the market, but the heavy weight and braided cable will partially nullify it unless you have enormous meaty hands (>20cm from tip of middle finger to wrist).

G502 is the better choice for a productivity/casual gaming hybrid (emphasis on casual, you won't have any fun playing CS:GO or Quake with it).

The Mionix Castor has horrible click latency (~14ms), but has excellent install-free software.

In comparison, the G303 (and all other current generation Logitech G wired mice) has ~3-5ms click latency.

Source: http://www.overclock.net/t/1571087/mionix-castor-gaming-mouse-review-by-ino#post_24342032

Scroll up if you want to see the full review.

Pick your poison. I personally don't like either of them.

i like both brands. They're both high quality. Yes, the mionix has slightly greater click latency, but also in my experience the buttons with higher click latency tend to last longer before double clicking starts happening. The g502 does have a superior sensor to the castor. Yes, they're both optical sensors and allow for a high degree of customization when it comes to DPI, but the sensor in the castor was never a high end sensor. The G502 is heavy and the mouse wheel likes to rattle if you flick hard though. The Castor though isn't really a light weight mouse, its an average weight mouse, so isn't the most appropriate if you're highly concerned with weight.

I guess one question is how much of a rush you are in to get one? Logitech just announced the  gPro, i got a free one. Its pretty nice. Or Final Mouse's Scream One would be another very light very good sensor mouse, but will probably be released even further down the road.

I would say if you use a high sensitivity and either want or don't mind a heavy mouse, the g502. If you want the best conventional fps mouse, wait for the gPro. If you don't want to wait and want a very good build quality mouse that isn't absurdly heavy and can handle low sensitivity FPS gaming, the Castor is a great choice, might even be my first choice in that scenario.

If you are mainly concerned with shape, well, no one can tell you which shape you're going to like or dislike...

8 minutes ago, atavax said:

the sensor in the castor was never a high end sensor.

Correct me if I am wrong, but was the 3310 not considered the best sensor on the market alongside the 3988/9 before the 3366/0 came along?

9 minutes ago, nobelharvards said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but was the 3310 not considered the best sensor on the market alongside the 3988/9 before the 3366/0 came along?

the 3310 is basically a gimped, low end version of the 3988 or 9800. But with the 9800's poor performance on cloth mousepads (because lasers), and the 3988's initially being exclusive to razer products with poor firmware that was notorious for smoothing, and even now having fairly limited use, the 3310 was the preferred choice for a lot of enthusiasts. Its hard to say the best, right now with the 3366 is basically an exception. When most sensors have some give and take, its hard to say one is clearly the best. Many might still say the mlt04 is the best sensor on the market. Many would say the 9800 and even 9500 are better than the 3310. Heck, a lot of pro's use the sensei which uses the 9500.

I highly suggest the G700s as its a MUCH cheaper wireless/wired mouse than the G900. It also has more programmable buttons (13 vs 11), a fantastic build quality and works just as well either wired or wireless. There's different modes wireless (max/gaming, casual or battery saver) for your different usage. 

First build every: Intel Core i7 4790K, Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1 motherboard, Kingston HyperX FURY 1866 2x8 16GB Kit, Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming, Corsair Obsidian 450D Black ATX Mid Tower, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB & 3TB Toshiba HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2, Corsair H100i GTX 240mm, Gigabyte Bluetooth 4.0/Wifi Card, Logitech G700S. Running on Windows 10

Surface Pro 3: i5 4300U with 8GB of ram and 256GB SSD. Running Windows 10 Pro