cheap gpu

does anyone know any of those gpus that you're not supposed to buy cause they're not worth it? I need one. the cheapest one. I might fold on it for fun at night but I need it because I bought more monitors for productivity and I don't have enough outputs. I'd like it to make minimum 3k to 5k ppd so it'll be worth it to lose a cpu core for it. thanks!!

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

6 minutes ago, Atomicnerd64 said:

does anyone know any of those gpus that you're not supposed to buy cause they're not worth it? I need one. the cheapest one. I might fold on it for fun at night but I need it because I bought more monitors for productivity and I don't have enough outputs. I'd like it to make minimum 3k to 5k ppd so it'll be worth it to lose a cpu core for it. thanks!!

the 5450

Mouse: Logitech g402 <3

Keyboard: Some Tenkeyless with blue kalih switches

Headphones: Logitech g430

Monitor: HP w2207h (1680 x 1050 @ 60hz)

PC Specs:CPU(AMD A8 6500 @3.5ghz), Mobo ( ASUS A68HM-E  FM2+), 1x1600mhz 4gb stick of ram, Random grey PSU, 920gb ssd

PhoneIphone 5 32gb

Tablet: Ipad 2 16gb

Laptop:Toshiba satelite with 8gb of ram a 480gb ssd and a mobile 2nd gen I3

If you just need a VGA to power a monitor, you can get away with like a 20 dollar GPU. If you want to game on that monitor, then you're going to need a 100 dollar GPU.

Of course thats for brand new cards. You could probably find a used older card like a 600-700 series or something for less than 100 that would do amazing

2 minutes ago, Zyndo said:

If you just need a VGA to power a monitor, you can get away with like a 20 dollar GPU. If you want to game on that monitor, then you're going to need a 100 dollar GPU.

Of course thats for brand new cards. You could probably find a used older card like a 600-700 series or something for less than 100 that would do amazing

Just now, TheRandomness said:

GT 730 or HD 5450. If you want, a used HD 7770 wouldn't be that bad (5-8k PPD iirc)

10 minutes ago, crysilis said:

the 5450

I'll try to see what I can find used. thank you all for your suggestions 

I am a member of the PCMasterRace. I am terribly sad to announce that I own a PeasantStation 3 Super Slim. it's in a drawer away from my glorious PC.
F@H stats:http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=userpage&username=AngelKoura

21 hours ago, Atomicnerd64 said:

If you just need monitor outputs, get the cheapest you can find from your preferred store.
If you want an efficient card which also folds, get something like the GTX 750. (about 100$)