Not compatible? Need help quickly.

Yo guys,

I recently bought a new pc, and got every part on pcpartpicker, but when i realised i need more horsepower, i went with kraken x41 instead of kraken x31, and i realised it may not fit in the case. Which it did not. I got on pcpartpicker, got my case (Corsair Spec alpha) and paired it with kraken x41. its not compatible. What should i do? I cant cancel the order, i was thinking what if i'd drilled some holes into the case which then will fit. Would that work? Need help who had the same problem

P.S. Im scared to the shit mate

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

But the thing is, its 140mm rad, and i ordered extra 140mm fan. And it says its 120-240 support.

CPU : i5-6600K @4.4ghz | GPU : MSI GTX 1060 | Mobo: Asus Z170-A Pro | Cooler: Kraken x41 | PSU: SSm12-520w | Keyboard :Corsair Strafe RGB /w Cherry mx Red | Mice:Steelseries rival 300 | 

1 minute ago, Yttrizy said:

But the thing is, its 140mm rad, and i ordered extra 140mm fan. And it says its 120-240 support.

Then put the extra fan on top of the case. :)

Nothing to see here ;)

What are the refund policies of your retailer? You could drill additional wholes but the radiator might interfere with the motherboard and it would defeat the purpose of having the 140mm over the 120mm in the first place as it only has cutouts for 120mm fans. You could try returning the x41, here in Germany you can mostly return stuff within 2 weeks after the purchase without stating a reason. 

And to be honest, a decent aircooler would most likely be more efficient, quieter and cheaper :) 

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

Hmm that's weird. Why Pcpartpicker says its not compatible?

1 minute ago, SQZY98 said:

You could drill additional wholes but the radiator might interfere with the motherboard and it would defeat the purpose of having the 140mm over the 120mm in the first place as it only has cutouts for 120mm fans.

i mean not in the radiator, in the case so it would hang

I circled the holes you could possible use for a 140mm fan. Just take out the 2 front fans and put in your rad/fan.

Corsair-Carbide-SPEC-ALPHA-23-636x600 2.jpg

3 minutes ago, Yttrizy said:

i mean not in the radiator, in the case so it would hang

I know^^ Where would you mount it? I found this pic here, it seems like a very tight fit, probably in the front as well.

Spoiler

Corsair%2BSPEC%2BAlpha%2B%25287%2529.JPG

NVM, seems like im incompetend. Productsites were only stating 5x 120mm. 

Fanboys, on both sides, are quite embarrassing. How can one be a "fan" of a company? A companies only goal is to make a profit off you. Instead of being a smart consumer and base your purchase decision on the best price / performance you choose to dick yourself over by only considering brand X. Idiotic loss to be honest.

~Quibiss

1 minute ago, SQZY98 said:

Where would you mount it?

Hide contents

I was thinking top

Just now, shibbs said:

Nah, toss it as exhaust in the back. You'll be golden.

But can i screw it in ?

Just now, Yttrizy said:

But can i screw it in ?

its 140mm rad and case supports 120mm only. So can i drill holes?

17 hours ago, Yttrizy said:

its 140mm rad and case supports 120mm only. So can i drill holes?

Measure the distance between the holes I circled in the picture I previously posted and the slot on the far left that the stock fan is screwed to. If it's 140mm or close (I don't know the size of the fans with their frame) then you can put your rad/fan in the front as an intake. 

8 hours ago, Link357 said:

Measure the distance between the holes I circled in the picture I previously posted and the slot on the far left that the stock fan is screwed to. If it's 140mm or close (I don't know the size of the fans with their frame) then you can put your rad/fan in the front as an intake. 

u mean the fan blow into the case? Wat, wouldnt that mean hot air is getting inside the case?

12 minutes ago, Yttrizy said:

u mean the fan blow into the case? Wat, wouldnt that mean hot air is getting inside the case?

Yeah but if you look at custom water cooling loops such as Awesomesauce Network, he has his rad in the front blowing in. In my build I have the rad blowing into my system. It really doesn't do a whole lot to the temps imo.

There doesn't seem like there's enough room for you to drill for an exhaust rad.