BlackMagic URSA Mini 4.6K Review

Nice video!

Feels like you talked too fast though.

Slow it down just a little bit.

54 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

He was a film ratio standard, not ultrawide.

He's using 2.35:1, ultrawide is 21:9 or 2.333:1

Was a 21:9 crop and rendered st 3440*1440. Plays back on a 21:9 monitor with no bars.

2 hours ago, Dredgy said:

Was a 21:9 crop and rendered st 3440*1440. Plays back on a 21:9 monitor with no bars.

It has no bars if you crop out some of the footage, but no, 21:9 would result in 1920x822. This video is 1920x817 when you crop out the black.

Either you did not notice the 5 lines, or you cut off part of the image on the sides.

Just to be sure I downloaded the high resolution video and it is 3840x1634, which is 2.35:1. In order for this to be "Ultrawide", it would need to be either 3840x1646 or 3812x1634.

Read this on how 35 and 33 are different numbers and how to identify them.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/21:9_aspect_ratio

6 minutes ago, xnamkcor said:

It has no bars if you crop out some of the footage, but no, 21:9 would result in 1920x822. This video is 1920x817 when you crop out the black.

Either you did not notice the 5 lines, or you cut off part of the image on the sides.

I know the difference between ratios - I shoot everything I do in 2.33:1, but my camera has 1.85, 2.35 and 2.39 options as most cinema cameras do.

In this case, I didn't look at the source video, just my monitor and the image does indeed have some slight pillarboxing on a 3440*1440 display if I'm looking for it, but is vertically pixel perfect. I was operating under the assumption that YouTube could only process 1920*800, 2560*1080 and 3440*1440 as "ultrawide" videos before the player added its own black bars - so my mistake there.

@BRollTheIntern @nicklmg Any Chance of you guys uploading the short you shot to test this camera? Maybe on One of your personal channels or something?

On 8/20/2016 at 6:48 PM, MyNameIsFrank said:

@BRollTheIntern @nicklmg Any Chance of you guys uploading the short you shot to test this camera? Maybe on One of your personal channels or something?

I'm sure Brandon will Tweet it out when it's ready for distribution, so pay attention to his Twitter for info there :)

• 6 months later...