Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IITomasII

best price to performance ultrawide monitor?

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

hey, i'm gonna get a new pc, and i'm thinking of getting 1 or 2 ultrawides, witch ones would be good and not that pricey? all comments are appreciated :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
1 minute ago, Enivitation said:

I just bought a LG34UC88. Freesync, alsmost no backlightbleed and really, really good price! I highly recommend it. 

 

Also good overclocking potential. :)

is there a gsync version?

Link to post
Share on other sites

No. All g-sync 1440p ultrawides are insanely expensive. The LG is 750eu, all g-sync ultrawides start at 1200eu. I can almost buy two RX480 and a LG ultrawide for one G-sync ultrawide :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Enivitation said:

No. All g-sync 1440p ultrawides are insanely expensive. The LG is 750eu, all g-sync ultrawides start at 1200eu. I can almost buy two RX480 and a LG ultrawide for one G-sync ultrawide :P

alright haha, do you have a link to the monitor?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
3 minutes ago, Enivitation said:

No. All g-sync 1440p ultrawides are insanely expensive. The LG is 750eu, all g-sync ultrawides start at 1200eu. I can almost buy two RX480 and a LG ultrawide for one G-sync ultrawide :P

holy crap its 750 euros? damn thats $1k canadian :( well i guess i have to save up for that

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not by default. Only I already use a 1440p screen. So I can never go back to a screen with 1080 pixels in height. It is just not high enough :P

 

But if you are fine with a 1080p ultrawide and don't mind it being smaller and less pixels, no ofcourse not. They are also more budget friendly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
Just now, Enivitation said:

Not by default. Only I already use a 1440p screen. So I can never go back to a screen with 1080 pixels in height. It is just not high enough :P

 

But if you are fine with a 1080p ultrawide and don't mind it being smaller and less pixels, no ofcourse not. They are also more budget friendly.

alright haha, any recommendations for 1080p ultrawides?

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Enivitation said:

I just bought a LG34UC88. Freesync, alsmost no backlightbleed and really, really good price! I highly recommend it. 

 

Also good overclocking potential. :)

My my, what a coincidence. I just got mine last sunday, didn't really have a chance to properly play around with it but it's perfect compared to my previous cheapo-24" 1080p monitor.

 

BTW, were you also as annoyed as I was to find out they don't include the USB cable for the USB hub uplink?


Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

 

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

 

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17/08/2016 at 0:43 AM, vojta.pokorny said:

My my, what a coincidence. I just got mine last sunday, didn't really have a chance to properly play around with it but it's perfect compared to my previous cheapo-24" 1080p monitor.

 

BTW, were you also as annoyed as I was to find out they don't include the USB cable for the USB hub uplink?

Ye, kinda sucks. Had one spare, so not that big of a prob. You also have the problem that the onscreen messages won't stay away? Even when I press 'Don't show again', next time it also just shows.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Enivitation said:

Ye, kinda sucks. Had one spare, so not that big of a prob.

 

I had to buy one, no big deal, just thought that when you're buying a 800€ (incl. taxes) monitor it would come with everything you need to make the best use for it.

53 minutes ago, Enivitation said:

You also have the problem that the onscreen messages won't stay away? Even when I press 'Don't show again', next time it also just shows.

You mean for the Dual controller software? Yes, yes I do, and it was driving me crazy, especially the sound notification.

 

I kinda solved it by going to notifications settings on Windows 10 and disabled the sound and the "show in action centre" for it. Now at least it isn't as bothersome as before.


Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

 

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

 

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 17. 8. 2016 at 0:05 AM, IITomasII said:

alright haha, any recommendations for 1080p ultrawides?

How about the 29" version of the same? :D

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/LG-29UC88-29-Inch-Curved-Monitor/dp/B01D7OZRBM

 

You could probably get 2 of these for the price of one 34UC88, just bear in mind that that's 5120 x 1080 pixels, which is more than the 3440x1440p.

 

What graphics card do you intend to use?

Edited by vojta.pokorny
29UC88

Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

 

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

 

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vojta.pokorny said:

I had to buy one, no big deal, just thought that when you're buying a 800€ (incl. taxes) monitor it would come with everything you need to make the best use for it.

You mean for the Dual controller software? Yes, yes I do, and it was driving me crazy, especially the sound notification.

 

I kinda solved it by going to notifications settings on Windows 10 and disabled the sound and the "show in action centre" for it. Now at least it isn't as bothersome as before.

Ye, understand the feeling. Totally agree.

 

But ment more like that when the screen turns on, that it says: 'make sure you use the supplied cable'. And when you press: 'never show again',it still shows...

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Enivitation said:

Ye, understand the feeling. Totally agree.

 

But ment more like that when the screen turns on, that it says: 'make sure you use the supplied cable'. And when you press: 'never show again',it still shows...

I haven't run into the issue you're talking about... are you using the supplied cable? :D


Quote and/or tag people using @ otherwise they don't get notified of your response!

 

The HUMBLE Computer:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X • Noctua NH-U12A • ASUS STRIX X570-F • Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 • GIGABYTE Nvidia GTX1080 G1 • FRACTAL DESIGN Define C w/ blue Meshify C front • Corsair RM750x (2018) • OS: Kingston KC2000 1TB GAMES: Intel 660p 1TB DATA: Seagate Desktop 2TB • Acer Predator X34P 34" 3440x1440p 120 Hz IPS curved Ultrawide • Corsair STRAFE RGB Cherry MX Brown • Logitech G502 HERO / Logitech MX Master 3

 

Notebook:  HP Spectre x360 13" late 2018

Core i7 8550U • 16GB DDR3 RAM • 512GB NVMe SSD • 13" 1920x1080p 120 Hz IPS touchscreen • dual Thunderbolt 3

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vojta.pokorny said:

I haven't run into the issue you're talking about... are you using the supplied cable? :D

Ye... The supplied display cable, the supplied power cable. Only not the supplied usb cable, but that should not be the problem...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×