What is your hardware quirk?

TheHogSmasher
15 minutes ago, TheGingerKid said:

right none of my cases front usb or audio ports work at all ... this is annoying af 

Are they plugged in to the motherboard?

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

I had an E6750 that was unstable without an overclock, strange machine that was. Quick, but strange.

2 minutes ago, Curious Pineapple said:

I had an E6750 that was unstable without an overclock, strange machine that was. Quick, but strange.

I once had an HD6450 that would be unstable at even 1Mhz over stock. It was passively cooled, and a low profile single slot card, that idled at about 60 degrees...

Main Gaming Rig:

Spoiler

Core i7-4770, Cryorig M9i Cooler, ASUS B85M GAMER, 8GB HyperX Fury Red 2x4GB 1866MHz, KFA2 GTX 970 Infin8 Black Edition "4GB", 1TB Seagate SSHD, 256GB Crucial m4 SSD, 60GB Corsair SSD for Kerbal and game servers, Thermaltake Core V21 Case, EVGA SuperNOVA 650W G2.

Secondary PC:

Spoiler

i5-2500k OCed, Raijintek Themis, Intel Z77GA-70K, 8GB HyperX Genesis in grey, GTX 750 Ti, Gamemax Falcon case.

2 hours ago, NinjaJc01 said:

Are they plugged in to the motherboard?

yea 

i have 4 usb 3.0 ports (2 per plug) both just give power not data 

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

19 hours ago, TheKDub said:

Likely just a missing driver then, that happened to me with my laptop as well, finding and installing the right driver fixed it.

For me, one of my monitors will turn off and back on if I hit my desk a certain way.

My laptop also doesn't understand how to properly restart windows (7 ultimate 64bit), so I have to shut it down then power it on manually if I want to restart it, otherwise it just hangs at a black screen between the windows 7 shutting down screen and the bios .-.

I've actually tried that before with countless drivers. It just shows up as an 'unknown device'. I tried to configure it, but nada. I'm pretty tech savvy and I've seen enough signs to just accept it as a charge-only hub. But again, at least I have plenty of other slots and 2 hubs I can plug in.

I won't know you're talking to me unless you reply/quote me.

18 minutes ago, Gravemind said:

I've actually tried that before with countless drivers. It just shows up as an 'unknown device'. I tried to configure it, but nada. I'm pretty tech savvy and I've seen enough signs to just accept it as a charge-only hub. But again, at least I have plenty of other slots and 2 hubs I can plug in.

Odd, I had to download some usb driver from AMD (laptop uses an AMD cpu and gpu) to make it work.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The last PCI slot on my MOBO will only work with 1 lan card...lol anything else and it just plays dead.

My old 2008 HP Pavilion a6745f with AMD 2 core 2.6 GHZ 5050e with 4GB of DDR2 800MHz ram and Vista 64 bit, well the programs will stop working. I can usually wait and it gets back to normal in a moments time. Rarely will it totally crash or be too long. Then I just Task Manager the programs that are not responding to close. This is my biggest pet-peve. I always thought it was Vista fault, with everyone saying how crappy Vista was.

Another is when I close all internet, and run CCleaner and there is a hidden internet running and CCleaner asks me to force it closed.

I have stopped programs from starting on startup. I use CCleaner all the time, and Malwarebytes free version, I used to use MSE but thought maybe that might be an issue.

My laptop has this issue where the USB ports randomly stop working and the laptop is so pathetic that once a year, Windows refuses to start and gets stuck at a black screen for hours and I have to press the self destruct button on the laptop (it deletes everything and reinstalls Windows). Also plugging my phone into front panel usb on my desktop causes my PC to have a seizure because the phone keeps getting disconnected and iTunes pops up and glitches out causing my screen to flash black and wierd stuff to happen.

Alnair (Main PC):

CPU: i9-7900X with EK Supremacy RGB and SE 360 radiator

RAM: 32 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 MHz

MB: Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7

GPU: GTX 1070 Founder’s Edition

PSU: EVGA 850 G3

SSD: WD Blue M.2 1tb, Sandisk SSD Plus 1tb

Mistle (NAS):

CPU: Pentium G3258 with stock cooler

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI H81M-E33

GPU: Intel integrated 

PSU: 500w Cooler Master

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1

Armakarth (NAS/3D modeling station/my old computer)

CPU: i7-4790K with Hyper 212

RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury DDR3 1600 MHz

MB: MSI Z97-G45

GPU: EVGA GT 740 SC

PSU: 750W Sentey

SSD: Sandisk SSD Plus 240GB

HDD: 2 x 2tb WD Red in RAID 1, 2tb Seagate Barracuda, 1tb WD Blue

The Pizza Cooker (server):

2x quad core 2.66 ghz Xeons

16gb DDR2 FBDIMM

On 20/08/2016 at 10:32 AM, FPS-Russia said:

My Powercolor Red Devil is 1333mhz instead of 1330mhz advertised.

Well I got 1354 instead of the advertised 1279 on my GTX 980 Tis.

But the top card was melting in hot weather :(

Well atm my PC has blu tacked SSDs, and cellotaped fans!

Linus is my fetish.

On 8/20/2016 at 5:30 AM, Canada EH said:

My old 2008 HP Pavilion a6745f with AMD 2 core 2.6 GHZ 5050e with 4GB of DDR2 800MHz ram and Vista 64 bit, well the programs will stop working. I can usually wait and it gets back to normal in a moments time. Rarely will it totally crash or be too long. Then I just Task Manager the programs that are not responding to close. This is my biggest pet-peve. I always thought it was Vista fault, with everyone saying how crappy Vista was.

Another is when I close all internet, and run CCleaner and there is a hidden internet running and CCleaner asks me to force it closed.

I have stopped programs from starting on startup. I use CCleaner all the time, and Malwarebytes free version, I used to use MSE but thought maybe that might be an issue.

the slow response is probably due to a shitty 5200rpm HDD ... I had a few Pavilions and they were really the worst laptops I ever had. They would lag balls even after a fresh install. Got rid of one and was genuinely happy when the second one died! xD

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Hmm.

-When I turn my computer on, it turns on for a second, shuts down, and then turns back on again and runs normally.

-GPU has a singular failing vram chip that only causes issues occasionally

-Computer occasionally stumbles like it's about to crash despite being stable

-Windows doesn't like it when my ram is OCed above 2GHz, and only recognizes 3GB of it, but works with benefit sometimes

-Temperatures fluctuate wildly in relation to ambient temperature (20c ambient 27c idle, 25c ambient 45c idle)

Little things, I guess. 

My audio is a maze of issues

To begin with my Bluetooth adaptor will not recognise the headphones after the computer starts up, so I have to restart the Bttray program to get it working.

Secondly If I don't set the default audio device to HDMI prior to connecting the headphones the audio sounds like I am drowning the headphones.

Thirdly the headphone may not output audio if I don't press the play button on the headphones.

Lastly the headphones will sometimes sporadically mess up and output garbled audio for no reason requiring me to close all audio outputting programs and reconnect headphones

My new hardware quirk after replacing my cellotape is now bent screws:

veYnSdn.jpg 

I overtightened one of the cable ties. Oh well, its only a screw.

Linus is my fetish.