Is the Shield Portable worth it today? 2016

OptimisticRealist

Hi guys,

I want a handheld, emulator-capable (GBA Classics and the like), Gaming PC streaming device.

The shield portable does this but it is slightly old...720p screen and all. Costs $175-180 used on Amazon.

There is also the K1 Tablet but it is out of stock EVERYWHERE....

Is the 720p shield portable worth those 175$?

I've though about it, but I always come to the conclusion that just buying a bluetooth controller for my phone or tablet is much better and cheaper. If you really want a dedicated android gaming console, the JXD S7800B seems to be somewhat popular.

My name is Sebastian, I relate to Linus

14 minutes ago, Giraffackle said:

I've though about it, but I always come to the conclusion that just buying a bluetooth controller for my phone or tablet is much better and cheaper. If you really want a dedicated android gaming console, the JXD S7800B seems to be somewhat popular.

But what about the PC streaming? Playing overwatch/ESO online etc?

The other thing is saving a shit ton for a new TV, and just plugging it to my pc with a long ass cord, but im starting...a start up, so rather invest on that.

1 hour ago, OptimisticRealist said:

Oh and buying one of those new controllers ofc

I actually just tried out this app on Google Play called Remotr, it allows you to stream games from your pc to your android/ios/windows tablet or phone and supports controllers. Works pretty well!

My name is Sebastian, I relate to Linus

Yes in my opinion, I use mine all the time, its great for playing emulated games on the go! (that said I dont use an android phone so for me it made more sense than a controller)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii