Bored: need action/shooter games suggestion

i_build_nanosuits

I like games like rise of the tomb raider, dying light, Bamtan, etc. but i think i played all those games already...

i'm looking for something modern..with good graphics.

i can't figure a good game to get...i've seen hitman and it looks great but it's released on episode and shit and i don't like that idea AT ALL.

Any suggestion will be read and welcome!

thanks guys!

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

4 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

I like games like rise of the tomb raider, dying light, Bamtan, etc. but i think i played all those games already...

i'm looking for something modern..with good graphics.

i can't figure a good game to get...i've seen hitman and it looks great but it's released on episode and shit and i don't like that idea AT ALL.

Any suggestion will be read and welcome!

thanks guys!

MGSV is really good. The overall story of the MGS series as a whole is top notch.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Just now, Noirgheos said:

MGSV is really good. The overall story of the MGS series as a whole is top notch.

is the full game released now for PC?

i tried the ''pre-quel'' or something a while ago and kinda liked it...but i played for about 15 minutes since i knew it wasnt the full game i wasn't much interested in finishing it...

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR

1 minute ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

is the full game released now for PC?

i tried the ''pre-quel'' or something a while ago and kinda liked it...but i played for about 15 minutes since i knew it wasnt the full game i wasn't much interested in finishing it...

Its been out for almost a year. :D

Both  Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain do tie in, so play both all the way.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

Its been out for almost a year. :D

Both  Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain do tie in, so play both all the way.

wait?

so if i want the whole deal i have to buy 3 games or is there a ''full version'' that contain ALL the story mode?

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

wait?

so if i want the whole deal i have to buy 3 games or is there a ''full version'' that contain ALL the story mode?

MGSV is the fifth game in the series.

For MGSV's story there is Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. Two games.

Ground Zeroes is a prologue, kind of like an intro to what happens right before The Phantom Pain. The Phantom Pain is the main game.

If you want to learn about the MGS story (its really good), check some videos out on Youtube.

MGSV is the fifth game in the series.

For MGSV's story there is Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain. Two games.

Ground Zeroes is a prologue, kind of like an intro to what happens right before The Phantom Pain. The Phantom Pain is the main game.

If you want to learn about the MGS story (its really good), check some videos out on Youtube.

alright ground zeroes is the one i played a bit of...i'll get both of them and give it a shot...i played mgs on PS2 back in the day and quite liked it...thanks for your imput.

3 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

alright ground zeroes is the one i played a bit of...i'll get both of them and give it a shot...i played mgs on PS2 back in the day and quite liked it...thanks for your imput.

No problem. Truly they are all amazing games. The order is weird though.

MGS3 -> Portable Ops -> Peace Walker -> Ground Zeroes -> The Phantom Pain -> MG (just Metal Gear) -> MG (just Metal Gear 2) -> MGS1 -> MGS2 -> MGS4

Optional after MGS4: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

This is order of the game events.

No problem. Truly they are all amazing games. The order is weird though.

MGS3 -> Portable Ops -> Peace Walker -> Ground Zeroes -> The Phantom Pain -> MG (just Metal Gear) -> MG (just Metal Gear 2) -> MGS1 -> MGS2 -> MGS4

Optional after MGS4: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

is it possible to just enjoy the two episodes of the MGS5 series and not care about the rest though?

i just want a good game...not really interested in the story as a whole...just want a good action game to play :) you know...no offense.

Just now, i_build_nanosuits said:

is it possible to just enjoy the two episodes of the MGS5 series and not care about the rest though?

i just want a good game...not really interested in the story as a whole...just want a good action game to play :) you know...no offense.

Oh yeah. The gameplay in both the ones I originally mentioned is top notch, story is decent but not as good as the other games.

10 minutes ago, i_build_nanosuits said:

metal gear rising is a lot of fun. if you like spectacle fighters it's really good. 

10 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

Oh yeah. The gameplay in both the ones I originally mentioned is top notch, story is decent but not as good as the other games.

i dunno about that. the phantom pain is really confusing for people new to the series 

Witcher 3 if you don't mind slow pace action game.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

1 hour ago, Technicolors said:

metal gear rising is a lot of fun. if you like spectacle fighters it's really good. 

i dunno about that. the phantom pain is really confusing for people new to the series 

Well, it really is just a bridger story for what happens after Peace Walker to MG.

Not much shooting in it but gameplay wise i found Mad Max very similar to Tomb Raider but with Arkham style combat. Has some flaws but overall a very laidback, fun game.

7 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

Witcher 3 if you don't mind slow pace action game.

Yeah no, too much talking... :P i played it for about 5 or 6 hours of gameplay though...defeated the huge bird, carried his head for hours...found the goat and stuff...in the end i was in a cave with a crazy witch i couldn't manage to defeat...found the game to be pretty boring overall...no offense ;)

6 hours ago, JohnT said:

Go for Far Cry 3. It's an outstanding game. The story line is jaw dropping from start to end.

Played it already :) but thanks!

6 hours ago, Pebble713 said:

Not much shooting in it but gameplay wise i found Mad Max very similar to Tomb Raider but with Arkham style combat. Has some flaws but overall a very laidback, fun game.

i played a fair bit of mad max but never finished it, the first 5 or 6 hours are fun but after that i felt like the game was just making me work instead of play...i don't know.

6 hours ago, JackAlexender said:

EA access just got Crysis 3 added to it. I mean EA is shit but for $5 you get to play Crysis 3 and some other pretty cool games. 

finished that one...loved it.