Suggestions for vintage tech collecting?

Go to solution Solved by Stagea,

1. Reel to Reel Media / Recorder - Ubiquitous high quality audio equipment back in the days (used for data storage too)

2. 8 mm Film / Motion Camera - 9.5 mm or 11 mm would do too (enabled amateur motion pictures)

3. U-Matic Media / Recorder - Early magnetic media video format (paved the way for Betamax and VHS)

4. Digital Compact Cassette Media / Recorder - Failed consumer digital recording format (alternative to pro-oriented DAT)

5. External Floppy Disk / Drive - 8" is cool, but 5.25" is okay too 

6. Portable Cassette Player - Boombox, Walkman or anything similar

7. Laserdisc Media / Player - Early Optical A/V format

So I love vintage tech, mostly audio and video entertainment. So I was thinking of decorating my office with retro and vintage tech. Things like a cassette deck, turntable, old video game consoles. 

I was wondering if anyone could reccomend anything to me? Any kinds of interesting tech that really stands out. 

The idea is to have some birch shelves with led lighting behind them with a sort of pinkish 80's glow. 

Thanks for any help you can give :)

if you don't have at least one wall covered in Vinyl Album covers.. can you really call it a retro room?

Although that is sort of cliche.

I don't know alot of vintage tech just old logos and such xD im no help

Shipping sucks

IBM PC XT and AT

Apple II GS

Commodore 64

NeXT Cube

MSX Compatible

Computers that were popular in your country in the 80's but now are very different or non-existent.

3 minutes ago, GSTARR said:

if you don't have at least one wall covered in Vinyl Album covers.. can you really call it a retro room?

Although that is sort of cliche.

I don't know alot of vintage tech just old logos and such xD im no help

Sall gud ;) I'm thinking vintage posters of like album covers and movies.

2 minutes ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

IBM PC XT and AT

Apple II GS

Commodore 64

NeXT Cube

MSX Compatible

Computers that were popular in your country in the 80's but now are very different or non-existent.

All good suggestions, love all of these will definitely remember to pick up something like a commodore :)

1. Reel to Reel Media / Recorder - Ubiquitous high quality audio equipment back in the days (used for data storage too)

2. 8 mm Film / Motion Camera - 9.5 mm or 11 mm would do too (enabled amateur motion pictures)

3. U-Matic Media / Recorder - Early magnetic media video format (paved the way for Betamax and VHS)

4. Digital Compact Cassette Media / Recorder - Failed consumer digital recording format (alternative to pro-oriented DAT)

17 hours ago, Stagea said:

Thanks so much for this :)